Kate Middleton announces that she is battling cancer

BOOM!

it is probably stomach or pancreatic if they found it during an abdominal surgery, I wish her a recovery hopefully

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• liquiddiamonds

• Burn

• dillan

23 minutes ago, Iceland said:

I mean... it doesn't make sense. There is no way doctors working on THE royal family in the UK wouldn't do a thorough job and sufficient tests prior to surgery. Finding out she had cancer after an invasive surgery doesn't make sense, especially if the surgery was due to an issue that could be linked to cancer. They definitely would have done the appropriate tests before to determine if that was the best immediate course of action.

She does look frail so I do think she has cancer/is sick. But I think they're probably not being 100% truthful (which may be because its worse than they're leading on).

Edited by Gaia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lovett said:

Both Kate and Charles having cancer at the same time, that's awful! I hope they're both ok.

Poor William too. That can't be easy on his mental health either! :gaycat6:

the last 3 years have been terrible for the royal family, wishing her speed recovery

Hope she gets better soon :(

I wish it was a BBL at this point

I wonder how bad it is and if they're are covering up the severity of it 

Wishing her the best. Kinda nasty from on their PR or whatever's part though to be releasing edited pics and blaming a woman with cancer for them instead of just announcing the real reason

Yeah I feel like if it wasn't advanced, they would say it's early or treatable, instead of just refusing to say?

48 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I mean... it doesn't make sense. There is no way doctors working on THE royal family in the UK wouldn't do a thorough job and sufficient tests prior to surgery. Finding out she had cancer after an invasive surgery doesn't make sense, especially if the surgery was due to an issue that could be linked to cancer. They definitely would have done the appropriate tests before to determine if that was the best immediate course of action.

She does look frail so I do think she has cancer/is sick. But I think they're probably not being 100% truthful (which may be because it's worse than they're leading on).

During most surgeries they'll biopsy tissue and that's how they diagnose cancer. Ive  had many patients who have had non suspicious nodules or abscesses on X-rays or other imaging come back as malignant after they take samples. They don't know until a sample of the tissue is evaluated

At this point I'm just glad we finally got proof of life, that's all some people like me needed

Whatever SHE says the problem really is, I'll believe her, I don't care anymore about further theories

2 hours ago, Burn said:

Sis I don't think they meant what you think they meant. :rip: They're just saying that they saw the news on the TV when they cut away from the March Madness broadcast to announce it.

thank you! but i've been getting downvoted to hell for no reason :ace:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iceland said:

Y'all like… are these type of discussions even needed if at the end of the day she still has cancer? We could also go on for hours how much of her chemotherapy is actually "preemptive", but what's the point? what's supposed to be the takeaway? This disease is tough to process in private, so I can't imagine having your diagnosis plastered in every magazine, tv interview, etc just because it's a hot topic and you are a public authority. I'd go mental. Hopefully she has no television

Anderson Cooper stays being the Andy Cohen of serious journalism 😒

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, zane said:

During most surgeries they'll biopsy tissue and that's how they diagnose cancer. Ive  had many patients who have had non suspicious nodules or abscesses on X-rays or other imaging come back as malignant after they take samples. They don't know until a sample of the tissue is evaluated

What would warrant a major invasive abdominal surgery without a colonoscopy/biopsy first? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding that aspect. 

Is that not something you would check before?

Edited by Gaia

5 hours ago, dillan said:

When the Palace created a badly, edited photoshop mess on Mothers Day.. then blamed Kate for that mess.. of course the British public (who are funding this family through taxes) are going to question what on earth is going on.

OT: wish her a speedy recovery.

Exactly

Still, I do feel bad making jokes about this now in hindsight. Hopefully she recovers quickly and people now give her privacy. 

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

What would warrant a major invasive abdominal surgery without a colonoscopy/biopsy first? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding that aspect. 

They likely knew she had cancer and told her that they could "get it all" with the surgery. Once they opened her up, they knew that was not the case and that she needed post op treatments. 

This is a common occurrence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Her whole statement was vague on purpose. She didn't say which cancer. She didn't say why she was having surgery in first place. She didn't say why they felt like removing tissue to test. She didn't say if other interventions were made afterwards. How many. Nothing. Because it's none of our businesses. Taxpaying british people wanted to know if she were alive. She's alive. She's also sick. Everything else she left out was on purpose because she doesn't want to share

this is why we need to leave people alone omg :deadbanana2: how many times have we learned when people "disappear" like this, they're dealing with something that's not our business :deadbanana2:

Wish her the best and to recover as soon as possible :heart:

That being said, the PR team of the Royal Family handled this very badly, at the end it was just a matter of time before people find out, they should have announced it since the beginning and ask for privacy immediately, it would have been the best for everyone involved instead with trying to kept hidden the situation and ending up to create more noise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

They likely knew she had cancer and told her that they could "get it all" with the surgery. Once they opened her up, they knew that was not the case and that she needed post op treatments. 

This is a common occurrence.

as someone who went through something similar I can say with confidence that after being diagnosed with cancer and having it removed (colon cancer to be specific), the doctors found out after the surgery (in recovery, a few months after the first procedure) that the area affected was much larger than they initially though, which is why I had to get a revision surgery very soon after the first one.

scans show no signs of further damage and the cancer did go into remission. chemo was needed also.

• Like 1

First thing I thought of was possible ovarian or uterine cancer. It's awful. Hope she makes a full recovery 

Praying for her speedy recovery

OMG no

wish her well

I was thinking of something like this the other day as well. This is why I didn't feel like making any jokes about it. It's like Chadwick's situation all over again :sad: Hopefully she'll recover soon

Pray for the future Queen :chick3::chick3:

damn the royal family has been going through it lately 

hope she can make it 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.