Benson Boone - 'Fireworks & Rollerblades'

Gossip_Boy

His voice is so annoying that I couldn't finish the album.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UNNAMI

• Hunter_13

• Into The Void

• KatyPrismSpirit

I'm so proud and impressed with this!  I had extremely high expectations after In The Stars, Beautiful Things, and Slow It Down, and he absolutely delivered.  SO happy that almost everything is 3+ minutes; he may have blown up on Tik Tok but he's proved he's an actual artist who cares about his work and not one of those robotic algorithm chasers.

Cry, My Greatest Fear, There She Goes, Hello Love, Friend, and What Do You Want are all excellent.  This is probably my favorite album since Stick Season :clap3: 

I love the "build-up/switch-up" thing he does, but also looking forward to something different next time.  He could lean more pop, or he could lean more alternative.  Either way I'm rooting for him and excited to see what he does next!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

It's an enjoyable standard pop-rock/AC album but can feel incredibly dull.

This comment really just reminded me Benson is really just watered down male version of Olivia Rodrigo, in fact people are making comparisons to the only good song on this album,  "Cry" that does remind you of Vampire a bit :gaycat6:

• Like 1

i wanna listen to this cause im in the mood but his voice is not exactly my tea. 

• Haha 1

Damn the album is so good! Drunk in my Mind, Forever and a Day, Hello Love, What Do You Want and Be Someone are the instant ones so far. Of course all the pre-release ones are all outstanding - Slow It Down hopefully can be a single! Such an earworm of a song. Cry is great too but it's a bit similar to Beautiful Things so I hope he send SID as it's something different.

Well done Benson, I love this album so much!

• Like 1

wow the album really flopped on spotify.. none of the album tracks even charted in the US ? 

he's a good singer but this album was underwhelming, he has the potential

my standouts are Cry and In The Stars

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Things, Slow It Down, Cry and What Do You Want, bops:clap3:

• 2 weeks later...

Whew just got around to listening to this y'all are some delusional haters and this is coming from someone who only liked In the Stars and didn't care for his other singles. The first half of the album is incredible and the last half is good as well especially the last 2 songs. He wasn't screaming nor was his voice agitating in the slightest? Beautiful Things is the loudest he got. He is the ONLY modern pop boy that can BELT I heard some Adele notes in some of those songs. If he was a woman this would be 40 pages long but as usual gay men don't like to see straight men succeed. 

good job Benson. Runner up for Album of the Year! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.