• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Askeroff

• Green

• Nefertiti0

• Post Malone

3 minutes ago, NeverSincerely said:

this logic is so dumb, the only people than can cancel someone is their own fanbase so of course nothing will happen to him like nothing happened to Morgan Wallen

Not if there's no pressure from the outside to cancel the person they won't. Most of the people here will just stick to random insults at Post M and won't go to extreme measures like getting brands he works with to cancel like they would've if it was a popgirl :giraffe:

3 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

can't believe Taylor's connected to these people :biblio:

They are in 1 Label. Stop bringing Taylor's name here. 

Is this fortnight

the fact that posty might have two top ten hits this year with morgan collab and taylor collab

5 hours ago, Burn said:

So by extension Taylor supports Morgan Wallen. :-x

So by extension you are misogynist.

242ca90f2bf23f0814bae769c1aae592.thumb.j

How can y'all make a thread about 2 men suddenly about Taylor again? :coffee2:

Edited by Rep2000

Ugh it's going to be a hit isn't it

gaga daughters grow up so fast

Sounds like a hit me fears 

• Like 1

Why does everything so far sound so bro country-ish? :doc: I was hoping the album would be more in line with his Bonnaroo set (country-rock).

This is going to be huge but I'm not feeling the direction he's going for at all.

Edited by Gossip_Boy
  • Like 1

It sounds nothing special, like... an album track.

Poste what are you doing :( always had a fondness for him and his music but this is not it… i guess he's one of those people who sees "good in everyone" and "let bygones be bygones" :doc:

……or he's just THAT desperate to save his career :toofunny3:

will not be streaming fortnite now!

hLpmtNe-Imgur.thumb.gif.6b539cd97762a245

i can't stand this country wave lawddd

how did post malone go from fun pop/rap flow songs to whatever this is 

11 hours ago, KingWitch said:

Not if there's no pressure from the outside to cancel the person they won't. Most of the people here will just stick to random insults at Post M and won't go to extreme measures like getting brands he works with to cancel like they would've if it was a popgirl :giraffe:

Do enlighten me on the last time a pop girl lost brand deals and had important parts of the industry condemning their actions, let alone having a widespread backlash pushed by 'extreme measures' from fans. :sherlock:

In fact, hardcore fanbases are what protect artists these days from ever facing true accountability. Just look at Melanie Martinez and Nicki Minaj. Still touring and having festival appearances, still having strong first-week performances, and in Nicki's case, still scoring hits and getting airplay support.

The only two recent scandals where artists genuinely had their careers affected by their controversies were DaBaby (dropped from every festival that year, likely never scoring a hit again, and where even Elton John and Madonna found a common ground to publicly call out his homophobic comments) and ironically, Morgan Wallen himself in 2021. Yes, it was a temporary 8-9 month ban and the freshly released project still performed well, but country radio (crucial for the chart success of singles) completely dropped his music during that period, his label made him and the record-breaking album ineligible for submission at any awards, and the Nashville community was visibly ashamed to have him as the face of the genre following the incident. In addition, Wallen covered a song from fellow country artist Jason Isbell to much acclaim, and following the controversy Isbell (who's one of the most progressive voices of the community) immediately announced he'd be donating the songwriting royalties from the cover to NAACP.

Trust me, I was following this in real-time as an avid chart-watcher, and the consequences from the industry were clearly felt on the Hot 100. 

As for Post Malone, he's literally had same controversy as Morgan Wallen back in 2015, so there's no need to even play the 'guilty by association' game. 

4 hours ago, duadududt said:

how did post malone go from fun pop/rap flow songs to whatever this is 

He's always been very fond of the country and folk universes. He covered a fair number of songs from both genres in the past, appeared in a 2019 Elvis tribute special to sing one of his country-leaning tunes alongside Keith Urban, and also had hidden gems like this alongside the fun pop and trap songs from his albums:

So it's a shift that makes sense, even though the recent resurgence of both country and folk (see him featured on Noah Kahan's remix of "Dial Drunk" last year) could definitely also be seen as him taking advantage of this wave following the underperformance of his past two albums. 

Edited by Moonlight Nation
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 3/21/2024 at 10:12 AM, Moonlight Nation said:

Do enlighten me on the last time a pop girl lost brand deals and had important parts of the industry condemning their actions, let alone having a widespread backlash pushed by 'extreme measures' from fans. :sherlock:

In fact, hardcore fanbases are what protect artists these days from ever facing true accountability. Just look at Melanie Martinez and Nicki Minaj. Still touring and having festival appearances, still having strong first-week performances, and in Nicki's case, still scoring hits and getting airplay support.

The only two recent scandals where artists genuinely had their careers affected by their controversies were DaBaby (dropped from every festival that year, likely never scoring a hit again, and where even Elton John and Madonna found a common ground to publicly call out his homophobic comments) and ironically, Morgan Wallen himself in 2021. Yes, it was a temporary 8-9 month ban and the freshly released project still performed well, but country radio (crucial for the chart success of singles) completely dropped his music during that period, his label made him and the record-breaking album ineligible for submission at any awards, and the Nashville community was visibly ashamed to have him as the face of the genre following the incident. In addition, Wallen covered a song from fellow country artist Jason Isbell to much acclaim, and following the controversy Isbell (who's one of the most progressive voices of the community) immediately announced he'd be donating the songwriting royalties from the cover to NAACP.

Trust me, I was following this in real-time as an avid chart-watcher, and the consequences from the industry were clearly felt on the Hot 100. 

As for Post Malone, he's literally had same controversy as Morgan Wallen back in 2015, so there's no need to even play the 'guilty by association' game. 

He's always been very fond of the country and folk universes. He covered a fair number of songs from both genres in the past, appeared in a 2019 Elvis tribute special to sing one of his country-leaning tunes alongside Keith Urban, and also had hidden gems like this alongside the fun pop and trap songs from his albums:

So it's a shift that makes sense, even though the recent resurgence of both country and folk (see him featured on Noah Kahan's remix of "Dial Drunk" last year) could definitely also be seen as him taking advantage of this wave following the underperformance of his past two albums. 

great write up - u should make a review blog lol

OP: I fear this song gonna be #1 for basically the rest of the year- oh hell

• Thanks 1

His next #1 is coming

The previews for this sound so good :duca: 

• Like 1

I had some help....becoming famous by being a culture vulture and then going against the very community that created my image and sound.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

I'm literally just a hole I fear

Long overdue. Can't wait for this to be finally released! 

People still hung up on Morgan, lol. Get a life.

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.