On 3/19/2024 at 4:35 PM, nathanspears said:

Another sample? :skull:

Worry about Shawna 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:36 PM, everytime said:

what is she sampling now :deadbanana:

Your mother 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:37 PM, Mocha said:

she is the definition of generic pop excellence :WAP:

And honestly idc I'm over popstars trying to be deep it comes off as so pretentious and obnoxious. Their is nothing wrong with making bops for the sake of bops 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:40 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

zero artistic progression compared to her debut ijbol

Her second album was a departure this does sound like more of the same but if that's what we want and she's giving us what's the problem? No one wants depth from Ava Max

On 3/19/2024 at 4:44 PM, Augmented said:

The melody reminds me a bit of the chorus from Take it Off by Kesha but I doubt it samples that 

Lmfao how you get that from this clip is beyond me

On 3/19/2024 at 4:46 PM, Avaisnoangel said:

Didn't she say the next album would sound like Dancings Done?:deadbanana:

Which was an album track so wait on the full album before writing her off. This is her first album without the usual writers and producers so I'm curious 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• Nefertiti0

• Kylie Jenner

• Kern

On 3/19/2024 at 4:35 PM, nathanspears said:

Another sample? :skull:

Worry about Shawna 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:36 PM, everytime said:

what is she sampling now :deadbanana:

Your mother 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:37 PM, Mocha said:

she is the definition of generic pop excellence :WAP:

And honestly idc I'm over popstars trying to be deep it comes off as so pretentious and obnoxious. Their is nothing wrong with making bops for the sake of bops 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:40 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

zero artistic progression compared to her debut ijbol

Her second album was a departure this does sound like more of the same but if that's what we want and she's giving us what's the problem? No one wants depth from Ava Max

On 3/19/2024 at 4:44 PM, Augmented said:

The melody reminds me a bit of the chorus from Take it Off by Kesha but I doubt it samples that 

Lmfao how you get that from this clip is beyond me

On 3/19/2024 at 4:46 PM, Avaisnoangel said:

Didn't she say the next album would sound like Dancings Done?:deadbanana:

Which was an album track so wait on the full album before writing her off. This is her first album without the usual writers and producers so I'm curious 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:51 PM, antolex said:

where is the "dark" sound as 'Belladonna' or 'Dancing's Done' that she said she would use for AM3? 

anyways it sounds good to me... we need a date!!! :jonny:

Again we got a whole album that may serve just that stop writing it off based of one single 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:56 PM, abrantino said:

indeed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_riff

anyways stream the better 19th century sample now

:ryan3:

Faouzia is basically being molded to sell the same kind of pop music that Ava makes so why the shade ???

On 3/19/2024 at 5:02 PM, wastedpotential said:

I came running cause I was hoping to get a laugh at a Camila sample, I fear I was disappointed :ryan3:

It would be so ******* funny and iconic if the music video was literally just a full-song version of her running around a dingy arcade flailing her arms around and badly lipsyncing :jonny5:

No part of the reason why it can be hard to stan is how cheap her overall brand can come off. She can clearly make hits so their needs to be a budget behind her

On 3/19/2024 at 5:08 PM, Parallel said:

It sounds good and I love the house vibe. But sonically it feels like she's plateau'd. I miss when Sweet But Psycho came out and she had an avant-garde edge about her but those hopes were dashed with So Am I(which I love but is generic). I've tolerated it because she's been serving dance-pop perfection regularly but atp it's becoming tired I'm sorry. I'll still be here for it but will anyone(who isn't gay) be?

That's perfectly fine. If she has a niche, lane and sound what's the problem? Let her make the kind of music she wants. If you don't want to support her than that's on you and no one is forcing you too. If she were to continue to serve SBP's she'd be one dimensional to y'all, she isn't but now ya are like we miss that like huh 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:11 PM, s1974181 said:

shame its only 2.5 mins with only 1 verse cause its a fun bop but it least it has a bridge

i run the table like it's vegas

i'm like charlie with these angels

taking pictures feelin famous

i feel so kim and khloe

aint no photoshop, adobe

walk in like i am naomi

when i walk in....

it's electric.....

roll the carpet, boy.....

one more time.....

im like my oh my:hippo::hippo:

So I'm guessing it's chorus verse chorus bridge chorus? She really needs to stop with the 2 minutes songs it's what made her last couple of droplets sound anticlimactic 

Looking forward to the new AM3 era!

She is so artistically bland to a point selena gomez appears like Beethoven next to her 

• Haha 1

Wait - she's not working with the same team anymore ? No more cirkut? 

So far, we know she's worked with Nick Gale (Charli/Beg For You, Dua/Be The One), Ryan Tedder (Weapons pt2?), Gian Stone (Christmas Without You, On Somebody), Pablo Bowman (The Motto), and Richard Boardman, who's most notable song in his discog is Anne Marie's 'FRIENDS', so this will be a mixed bag of wigs.

Ava did say AM3 will be much slower than its predecessors. She also told us that the album is about someone who was in her circle of closest friends that betrayed her (Madison Love). "The album is still pop but somewhat different than the first two albums" and she said it's something she doesn't see a lot of when it comes to the current music soundscape. This snippet isn't delivering on any of that, guessing the label wouldn't let this campaign kick off without a safe lead single so they probably sent her into the vault for My Oh My. Fingers crossed the deep cuts are sample free and fresh. 

no more Cirkut? curious and worried a bit tbh

Idt cirkut will be working with her anytime in the foreseeable future. The girl she's addressing on the album, Madison Love, is Ava's ex best friend and collaborator who ended up dating Cirkut behind Ava's back while she was still living in one of Cirkuts houses(as we know they remained friends for a while after the break up). All this drama started up late last year so I don't think he'll be near this album, besides being dissed on it. He more recently worked on Justin Timberlakes new album and allegedly working on Gaga's new project(?) They can have him tbh.

On 3/19/2024 at 5:24 PM, Supervillain said:

These lyrics :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

You like, my hair? Gee thanks, just bought it

On 3/19/2024 at 5:35 PM, sbenci said:

sounds terrible :rip: y'all deserve it for letting D&D flop

Such a great album ruined by poor management. Ghost, Get Outtah My Heart and Sleepwalker deserved to be hits

On 3/19/2024 at 5:36 PM, glitch said:

It sounds like Crazy What Love Can Do by David Guetta a bit.

But there's another recent UK/European dance song it sounds really similar to but I can't put my finger on it

I'd love nothing more for Ava to collab with David Guetta and secure a global smash

On 3/19/2024 at 5:45 PM, airplane said:

I love her a lot but this isn't it. Sounds redundant and nothing new… UGHH

If she tries to experiment and then underperforms ya would drag her for being a "flop"

On 3/19/2024 at 6:03 PM, collin said:

OMG this will be a HIT. The new The Motto

An album full of those type of songs would be amazing 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:47 PM, ImpressMeMuch said:

even when she does something original it sounds like a sample now :deadbanana4:

Sounds like a you projecting problem 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:49 PM, Tyrion_LMG said:

I hope the album is released soon, I doubt she's getting another hit so no need to waste time

The era hasn't even started and you're already being negative why? Whatever is still rising so we're off to a great start

On 3/19/2024 at 6:14 PM, RandomHooker said:

Imagine stanning for such an uninspired artist. :biblio:

She's never claimed to a Bjork she loves pop.music and is making that. Why are you so appalled?

On 3/19/2024 at 6:16 PM, Scandalous said:

is this coming soon tho or is this another charli/perrie/camila situation where we have 70% of the song a month in advance :rip: 

In a month supposedly 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:24 PM, Supervillain said:

These lyrics :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

You like, my hair? Gee thanks, just bought it

On 3/19/2024 at 5:35 PM, sbenci said:

sounds terrible :rip: y'all deserve it for letting D&D flop

Such a great album ruined by poor management. Ghost, Get Outtah My Heart and Sleepwalker deserved to be hits

On 3/19/2024 at 5:36 PM, glitch said:

It sounds like Crazy What Love Can Do by David Guetta a bit.

But there's another recent UK/European dance song it sounds really similar to but I can't put my finger on it

I'd love nothing more for Ava to collab with David Guetta and secure a global smash

On 3/19/2024 at 5:45 PM, airplane said:

I love her a lot but this isn't it. Sounds redundant and nothing new… UGHH

If she tries to experiment and then underperforms ya would drag her for being a "flop"

On 3/19/2024 at 6:03 PM, collin said:

OMG this will be a HIT. The new The Motto

An album full of those type of songs would be amazing 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:47 PM, ImpressMeMuch said:

even when she does something original it sounds like a sample now :deadbanana4:

Sounds like a you projecting problem 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:49 PM, Tyrion_LMG said:

I hope the album is released soon, I doubt she's getting another hit so no need to waste time

The era hasn't even started and you're already being negative why? Whatever is still rising so we're off to a great start

On 3/19/2024 at 6:14 PM, RandomHooker said:

Imagine stanning for such an uninspired artist. :biblio:

She's never claimed to a Bjork she loves pop.music and is making that. Why are you so appalled?

On 3/19/2024 at 6:16 PM, Scandalous said:

is this coming soon tho or is this another charli/perrie/camila situation where we have 70% of the song a month in advance :rip: 

In a month supposedly 

• Confused 1

On 3/19/2024 at 6:37 PM, skwonderfactory said:

Um what? :skull:

It sounds cute-ish. Hopefully it doesn't take an entire year for the album to come out this time.

So far, we've had:

Heaven & Hell

Diamonds & Dancefloors

What is next? Will both parts start with the same letter?

_______ & _______

I would love nothing more for her to continue this and make it a thing. At least like a trilogy before she really decides to switch things up. We know the theme here is friends and foes since she's had alot of personal fallouts within the past year

On 3/19/2024 at 6:57 PM, Jack! said:

This sounds like just about every other song on the Capital radio playlist in the UK right now. :skull: 

So a hit? What's the problem?

On 3/19/2024 at 6:59 PM, fever2288 said:

Did Shakira's sample song flopped? I totally forgot that song was released and haven't hered it anywhere. 

This sound meh, but a lot of current songs on radio sound the same, so she maight be on the right path

No it's not flopping actually 

On 3/19/2024 at 7:34 PM, Bencharmer said:

Copy & Paste.

Artificial & Intelligence.

Baguette & Fromage. (to piss off her frenemy Kim Petras :chick1:)

What exactly is their beef? They were friendly at one point no?

On 3/19/2024 at 8:03 PM, Lady Claire said:

It sounds like a INNA song which i like

Ava is basically a US Inna so this is a compliment 

On 3/19/2024 at 8:19 PM, JohnWayneHolland said:

This will sound so good on mute omg :WAP:

Why are you here if you don't like her? Like make it make sense

On 3/19/2024 at 9:44 PM, Iris said:

Is she sampling Rita Ora?

Yall are so tired 

On 3/19/2024 at 11:25 PM, ANG3L said:

I bet it took her team only 5 minutes to write and produce this 

Plenty of good songs were made in a few minutes

On 3/19/2024 at 11:52 PM, chiliam said:

generic, dated, trash 

But a bop is a bop and one thing about Ava Max is she knows how to make bops

Cant wait for the album 

So do you like the her and her music yes or no because you have 2 conflicting opinions here 

22 hours ago, duadududt said:

I honestly admire her for releasing a new song no one asked for every 2 months

So you're mad at her for doing her job? Yall are weird

21 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Just heard this in full

This sound is totally new for Ava, it sounds like a Tove Lo song imo, very Lady Wood era

She is almost rapping in the verses, they're so bouncy

Also the vocal production is so odd, sounds nothing like what Cirkut used to do with it, I guess she wants this era to be a major departure from her previous stuff. I think this is a decent introduction to the new album

Yah at this insider information. Is the song really under 3 minutes? No second verse? Any tea on the album?

19 hours ago, stupidjock said:

god I'm so excited but I really hope she's not going to wait too long with the release of single and then the album. We've been waiting patiently 

I mean let's see. Whatever is doing it's thing. If this does well also I can see them trying to get the album by early fall which is fitting for her

19 hours ago, alexaalto said:

and album in the summer?! pleasee:jonny5:

Second single during pride month

18 hours ago, Burqa said:

i was hoping for a darker pop sound rather than house but it sounds nice. a lot better than maybe you're the problem already

I'm still waiting on that Marshmello and Jax Jones collab that we were promised last year

15 hours ago, Patrickern777 said:

When she started to tease Diamonds & Dancefloors era with video of here dying her hair red with a snippet of ta song in the background (mid Febuary), it took 11 weeks until we got Maybe You The Problem (end of April)
So i so I guess My Oh My could be released at the beginning of June!

I think she's learned her lesson from her last era

5 hours ago, Soul Glitch said:

Did they made that generic ass beat from the scratch? That's even worse :rip:

If it's a sample it's a problem and if it's not it's also a problem. I hate it here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawnAnti said:

She is so artistically bland to a point selena gomez appears like Beethoven next to her 

At least Ava can actually sing and perform these songs live. You tell Selena to perform live now and she takes it as a death threat

2 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

Wait - she's not working with the same team anymore ? No more cirkut? 

No. Their seems to have been a falling out with him and a writer called Madison who were integral to her both professionally and personally. Seems like once her and Cirkut broke up so did their professional relationship. Madison and him I believe ended up working with Kim Petras then her and Ava also stopped interacting 

20 minutes ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

Idt cirkut will be working with her anytime in the foreseeable future. The girl she's addressing on the album, Madison Love, is Ava's ex best friend and collaborator who ended up dating Cirkut behind Ava's back while she was still living in one of Cirkuts houses(as we know they remained friends for a while after the break up). All this drama started up late last year so I don't think he'll be near this album, besides being dissed on it. He more recently worked on Justin Timberlakes new album and allegedly working on Gaga's new project(?) They can have him tbh.

Oh wow I didn't know all of this. Their both trash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

So far, we know she's worked with Nick Gale (Charli/Beg For You, Dua/Be The One), Ryan Tedder (Weapons pt2?), Gian Stone (Christmas Without You, On Somebody), Pablo Bowman (The Motto), and Richard Boardman, who's most notable song in his discog is Anne Marie's 'FRIENDS', so this will be a mixed bag of wigs.

Ava did say AM3 will be much slower than its predecessors. She also told us that the album is about someone who was in her circle of closest friends that betrayed her (Madison Love). "The album is still pop but somewhat different than the first two albums" and she said it's something she doesn't see a lot of when it comes to the current music soundscape. This snippet isn't delivering on any of that, guessing the label wouldn't let this campaign kick off without a safe lead single so they probably sent her into the vault for My Oh My. Fingers crossed the deep cuts are sample free and fresh. 

I am very curious about this body of work for sure. Bring it Ava!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

I would love nothing more for her to continue this and make it a thing. At least like a trilogy before she really decides to switch things up. We know the theme here is friends and foes since she's had alot of personal fallouts within the past year

So a hit? What's the problem?

No it's not flopping actually 

What exactly is their beef? They were friendly at one point no?

Ava is basically a US Inna so this is a compliment 

Why are you here if you don't like her? Like make it make sense

Yall are so tired 

Plenty of good songs were made in a few minutes

So do you like the her and her music yes or no because you have 2 conflicting opinions here 

You're insufferable. Log off if you can't read criticism. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Have got to chill with the quote button my friend. 

I'm sure this album will be up to par with the last two. Justice for D&D

sounds very generic unfortunately. i really hope the album has proper bops with gorgeous melodies

13 minutes ago, collin said:

Have got to chill with the quote button my friend. 

I'm sure this album will be up to par with the last two. Justice for D&D

At this point that user has to be Ava Max in disguise 

• Haha 5

the mass quote 

the dedication

chiliam

why you come for me though? lol, i clearly mean her music is generic but its the kind of generic music i love

• Haha 5

I'm actually surprised she takes that road.

Her music is generic but at least she works on the melody and delivers great production.

It sounds like a huge step back. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Supervillain said:

It's more of a reminder that Tove Lo used to make good music. 

oh that's not...

Whenever Ava's name pops up there's talk about her being the sample queen.

But Diamonds & Dancefloors had almost none and the GP let her flop...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DawnAnti said:

At least she releases music, unlike others

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.