Pitchfork: The 50 Most Anticipated Albums of Spring 2024

Danes

I'm surprised they didn't sneak in Rihanna this time around.

:jonny:

• Haha 3

I didn't know Taylor Swift had a new album coming out

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jonapova said:

I didn't know Taylor Swift had a new album coming out

Doesn't she release 2-3  albums every year ? :oh:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Doesn't she release 2-3  albums every year ? :oh:

You're saying this as if it's a bad thing. Some artists are more prolific that others, what's wrong with that? 

6 minutes ago, Kiel D-01 said:

You're saying this as if it's a bad thing. Some artists are more prolific that others, what's wrong with that? 

No, I am not, you're putting words into my mouth. It literally works for her and her fans are getting fed. 

• Like 1

50? Ijbol

21 minutes ago, Kiel D-01 said:

It's a problem when the albums are subpar

• Haha 1

xtiliyan

Wait didn't Anna Wintour close down P4K?  I feel like I have read that they had closed like 4 times already, yet they are still kicking? How come

Anyone releasing after Cowboy Carter should just delay their album until 2025 and save themselves the embarrassment 

• Confused 1

I'm definitely glad St. Vincent's on here

I've got a close eye on them tbh because they've had a hate train on her for the Daddy's Home era and not to be a broken record or put too much stock into what they say but it pissed me the actual f*ck off. like SERIOUSLY it was so infuriating and felt rooted in misogyny. they lambasted her for including the lyric about "calling the cops" and then telling HER (and I emphasize that it is HER STORY) story about her dad being released from prison. meanwhile, in 2017 they had praised LCD Soundsystem's Call the Police to a major extent, after police brutality had already become a major highly publicized crisis. nobody here is condoning the police system. not LCD Soundsystem, not St. Vincent, not either of their audiences! but for some reason they praise one and rebuke the other. fascinating huh? 

f*cking ridiculous and I still think they owe her an apology tbh. her album is my most anticipated for this year, a year full of really promising releases

anyway. ACAB

I'm also excited, from this list, for Adrianne, Amen Dunes (he's cute and I'm obsessed with the two singles), Arab Strap, Bat for Lashes, Beth Gibbons, Bey (obvi!), Billie, Charli, DIIV, Dua, Empress Of, Gossip, Iron & Wine, Jessica Pratt, Khruangbin, The Libertines, Maggie Rogers, Sheryl Crow, Taylor (again, obvi), Tyla, Vampire Weekend, and Waxahatchee

indie and alt and pop hoes all truly winning this year :clap3:

^ I'll also add that Daddy's Home might overall be my least fav St. Vincent album, but it's still phenomenal which goes to show how extraordinary of an artist she is. I just really think the review they wrote was incredibly sloppy and unprofessional. that Peyton person should be ashamed of themself tbh, they really shat the bed there imo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.