Leigh-Anne - 'No Hard Feelings'

The Slayer

5 hours ago, The Slayer said:

this does not sound good :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, WERKER said:

Oh no! My fears have been met. I hated the "forbiddeeeen forbiddeeeeen  - fruit" but the rest of it sounds just as bad! :deadvision:

Yeah i mean wtf ... how is so difficult to find 10 nice pop rnb dance hall songs and release an album i dont get it 

DSL was not a bad song , it just wasn't strong enough to be a hit 

ML i have to say that i loved it and the lack of radio support destroyed all the chances 

SL sounds like an average album track 

And FF is totally trash

She should have released ML as a lead and drop the album on the 2nd week 

Edited by shark_heather
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• alexaalto

7 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Yeah i mean wtf ... how is so difficult to find 10 nice pop rnb dance hall songs and release an album i dont get it 

DSL was not a bad song , it just wasn't strong enough to be a hit 

ML i have to say that i loved it and the lack of radio support destroyed all the chances 

SL sounds like an average album track 

And FF is totally trash

She should have released ML as a lead and drop the album on the 2nd week 

I agree with everything apart from the lack of radio support, she has INSANE radio support! Those two songs are ALWAYS playing.

21 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

I agree with everything apart from the lack of radio support, she has INSANE radio support! Those two songs are ALWAYS playing.

Then i don't know what went wrong 

Cause ML is legit mainstream and earwarm enough to become a hit in the UK 

Maybe Leigh never had a chance 

Its just a pitty 

EP title is definitely No Hard Feelings btw, she's pretty much confirmed that with her emojis on her insta story 

I mean … I don't know.

The 12 secs snippet doesn't sound bad, Stealing Love goes nowhere.

She should have promoted more. Live performances are key to make an impression when you're relatively unknown so to make a statement. DSL and ML both aren't bad, the latter is actually great … but they should have been easy top 10s in the UK.

I hope she scores another top 30 at least somehow, this project is going to hardly bring her any but I'll wait for the other songs to judge!

Posted (edited)

I wonder if they are releasing an EP so she has more material to perform too? So she can start putting on small shows, that way they can get money in from her performing?

At the moment I don't have much hope chart wise with her music career but I will keep supporting her if the music is good. I've enjoyed DSL and ML but they've both just been okay. The ML video was so promising but those performances were just...

Edited by The Slayer

5 hours ago, The Slayer said:

I wonder if they are releasing an EP so she has more material to perform too? So she can start putting on small shows, that way they can get money in from her performing?

At the moment I don't have much hope chart wise with her music career but I will keep supporting her if the music is good. I've enjoyed DSL and ML but they've both just been okay. The ML video was so promising but those performances were just...

I've been saying it since the beginning but becoming a smaller established touring act really is the way to go, she doesn't *need* to chase commercial mega hits because she's experienced that already with Little Mix and her artistic vision doesn't seem to exactly align with popular chart music in the UK atm.

She'd see much more relative success if touring was the aim/focus. Release consistent and solid bodies of work to build an audience that can sustain a touring career, so an EP isn't exactly a bad way to start. 

I have hopes that Stealin Love will be an enjoyable listen, I really like the most recent snippet she posted. It clearly isn't going to be an uptempo banger like Perrie's new single, but I think it's the style that suits her voice the most so I'm staying positive.

Looking at her insta story re-post I think she might have been filming/recording/doing something with Apple Music? I do hope this gets a semi decent promotional push 

Yawn, I hope it's not another pity party interview and focuses on the music this time.

Wow her team dropped the ball last year now they are paying the price.

Unfortunately nobody is checking for her now that Perrie is releasing.

They should have been released her debut album before losing hype 

Dropping the song so close to Perrie…

I've been seeing her get backlash from Perrie fans on Twitter the past week.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this as forbidden fruit is the next release and should be coming fairly soon 

• Like 1

I've been jamming to Stealin' Love a lot...she deserves to SMASH!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbhmatt said:

Bumping this as forbidden fruit is the next release and should be coming fairly soon 

can't wait!

LM fans need to understand that it's impossible to predict and plan a perfect rollout for an album nowadays. So we're probably going to see some solo relases crashing. Perrie couldn't forever til Leigh-Anne's label decides to release her album. And now Leigh can't stop with her releases because Perrie started. People can perfectly enjoy both at once (and even more), but there will be comparisons, especially on how the songs perform on the charts. But that's inevitable, and people need to grow tfu

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

can't wait!

Not sure how I feel about the snippets but I'll reserve judgement for the full track, it didn't sound *great* but maybe the full thing will deliver. I really enjoyed Stealin Love more than I thought I would.

Just now, tbhmatt said:

Not sure how I feel about the snippets but I'll reserve judgement for the full track, it didn't sound *great* but maybe the full thing will deliver. I really enjoyed Stealin Love more than I thought I would.

Haven't listened to the snippets myself but yeah I loved Stealin' Love and I'm just glad she's continuing on with releasing music!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

I totally agree. I don't have a full opinion on Forbidden Fruit yet but based on these snippets it sounds okay. Not great but good enough. It reminds me of these 2000's RnB songs

• Like 1

The new photos on Spotify are *chefs kiss*. Leigh-Anne never disappoints when it comes to fashion and aesthetics.

Do we think Forbidden Fruit is dropping on the 26th? She said one song a month but I don't know how serious they are about that 

37 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Do we think Forbidden Fruit is dropping on the 26th? She said one song a month but I don't know how serious they are about that 

I think so, no?

11 minutes ago, zeta said:

I think so, no?

I'm guessing if so, it'll be a quick pre release announcement without much build up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.