• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• alexaalto

This is the labels way of putting out a body of work to recover any losses they can. Then when it inevitably flops, they'll turn around and "part ways" with her.

• Like 1

Well, RIP to her then.

i mean….it's more than jesy was able to release :skull: 

yeah happy for the music but realistically it's understandable for her fans to be disappointed with how her solo career has turned out so far, i definitely thought her name alone would've secured her a top 10 in the UK based on how big LM is. obviously it's not all about charts but she has to accomplish SOMETHING in order to release an album

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apostolis said:

only an EP? oh it's bad bad for her

glasses babe

it's certainly a strange technique as local uk girlies don't usually do EPs, but i'm intrigued to hear more by her! hoping this goes well for her and isn't the scenario that everybody is assuming will happen

• Thanks 1

I cant at people just downright ignoring her :deadbanana4:

I'm assuming there is no video for any of the songs, I wouldn't expect any of the songs to chart unless she really tries to push on the radio.

Yeah, from a commercial point of view I'm not sure what the intention/strategy/hope is here? 

It's likely not going to produce a hit, budget/promotion will likely be minimal… if the label are hoping that this will reignite interest in her solo music ahead of launching a new album campaign, I don't think this is the right way of going about it..

I am just going to be very grateful she's actually actively releasing music and keeping us fed with content and I will remain hopeful and confident that she will come harder with a new attempt at launching the full length album later in the year. I can't wait to listen and hopefully I'll love the songs!

There won't be a full length album this is pretty obvious 

She will release the EP and wait for the girls to reunite 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Facelessboy said:

:ahh:That's nowhere near the same thing not you setting her up. Tyla had a hit single & it wasn't actually a EP it was songs released early (from the album). It wasn't a whole another project.

Let's face it after this EP we won't hear from her for months maybe not even at all like Jesy. I'm convinced these girls should have just released another (little mix album) :deadbanana2:

not you literally deleting the second part of my sentence :skull:

• Haha 1

I'm kinda shocked she hasn't already jumped on DJ collabs. I'm sure she'll do it soon enough. 

I am wondering if this is a 'palate cleanser EP' or a 'Sampler EP'

Like is this a way to give Leigh Anne space to release some of her favs and then move on from certain ideas/sounds or a way to test the waters and see where to go next?

They put way too much time and effort into My Love for it to end up with a #28 peak.

Why is it so hard to release an album after going solo for artists? 

alright decision, especially those are 4 new songs. being optimistic rather hope for a single to launch album

:rogue: 

5 hours ago, The Slayer said:

I'm assuming there is no video for any of the songs, I wouldn't expect any of the songs to chart unless she really tries to push on the radio.

:deadbanana2:

Not surprised considering how the previous singles performed. Excited for the new songs though. Would love for her to get an album out after this as well but we'll see.

Yeah that album is never coming. Warner was useless, i think a #11 and a #28 would be the highest she would get, then a flop 3rd single (around #70-something) and that's it. Should've get her as a feature on a DJ song and a R&B/pop song + 10 track album + these two features as bonuses + get her on festivals and small gigs. It would be cute enough and set her some ground as a solo artist.

This won't go anywhere and when the time for the album comes she's most likely getting dropped.

• Like 1

She's released 2 songs in 9 months?

Realise I havent commented on this on here

Will be streaming & supporting!

2 hours ago, The Slayer said:

this does not sound good :deadbanana2:

Oh no! My fears have been met. I hated the "forbiddeeeen forbiddeeeeen  - fruit" but the rest of it sounds just as bad! :deadvision:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.