what Beyoncé means by “this is not a country album this is a BEYONCÉ album”? discuss.

Kayseri Mantisi

This line got me even more hyped :eek:

I interpret it as something like, "even if you don't like country music you'll still love this album".

What do you think she actually means? :celestial5:

Yes I think she's trying to say that she is beyond genre and this is not just her trying on a new hat, it's her expressing parts of her musicality that may not be expressed prior but that which is part of her DNA.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

Just now, swissman said:

Yes I think she's trying to say that she is beyond genre and this is not just her trying on a new hat, it's her expressing parts of her musicality that may not be expressed prior but that which is part of her DNA.

:jonny2:

It's her ego talking. :gaycatina1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

she will infuse other genres and it won't be a simple interpretation of country music. it will show various forms of country and she will probably incorporate hip hop as well 

• Like 5

Just now, PrettyHurts said:

she will infuse other genres and it won't be a simple interpretation of country music. it will show various forms of country and she will probably incorporate hip hop as well 

:ghostface:

Whatever genre she touches she always give them her twist and character. So I think it's not just one style just like Reneissance isn't. It'll be an eclectic yet cohesive album. 

'

Just now, Misguided Ghost said:

Whatever genre she touches she always give them her twist and character. So I think it's not just one style just like Reneissance isn't. It'll be an eclectic yet cohesive album. 

'

:superman:

I also think it's shade towards CMA and how she was treated, she's saying I studied your music but I'm doing my own version

Edited by duadududt

Read between the lines. She's telling the country music industry's gatekeepers to **** off and bow down. She's saying she doesn't need them to embrace this era for it to succeed on the country charts. She played nice during the CMT mess. Not this time!

I think she's just tempering expectations from people expecting her to go full banjo pick-up truck. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

this is what i got from it too... like the main thread will be country / country inspired sounds or lyrics but it will showcase many different styles and sounds

This is called marketing. It does not mean anything at all but it's supposed to get you hyped. 

• Like 4

Edit : why I am here!? 

Edited by BnPac
  • Confused 1

It won't be a "country" album like what's on the radio. She always brings her own unique spin into her music and makes it genreless in some kind of ways. When you play it, you know it's BEYONCE, doesn't matter if it's hip-hop, dance or country

she meant its Cuntry not Country :suburban:

I expect a southern sound inspired by the various sounds of Texas and her upbringing. She'll utilize country elements and instruments in her album, but it won't be a typical "country-sounding" album.

She's letting the public know country music will never be the same again. They will know associate what Beyoncé does as the new standard going forward 

this is a BEYONCÉ album. what's not clear about that? 

34 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Edit : why I am here!? 

I was on the base thread and Atrl went out and I was suddenly here. 

OT : I think she just means it will not be entirely country, just like Ren was not entirely House, it will be a blend of genres which has become characteristic of Beyoncé's album since BEYONCE. It's a Beyoncé' s album. 

• Haha 2

I think she's telling us that there's elements you can surely expect. In other words, her vocal production is very specific and unique compared to her own peers in pop music, let alone country. As in she will probably still be using her signature staccato style of singing over a country instrumental that crosses over into hip hop and R&B territory stacked with all the signature harmonies you'd ever expect from Beyoncé. I'm sure there'll be a plethora of other genres tied in as well.

Hip hop infused with country 

Just like how renaissance is Hip hop infused with house techno

Because she wants the hive/gp to buy & stream the alberm

:suburban:

The same way Renaissance wasn't a straight up house album. It was still very much Beyoncé, leaning on R&B/Hip-Hop/Soul inspirations 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.