Aaron Taylor-Johnson to play the next James Bond

abelfenty

1 hour ago, TaylorNation said:

whatever happened to the POC Bond? I like him but he's such a safe and predictable choice 

The team that wanted a profit either smartened up or there's a different team.

They didn't want to get review bombed on Rotten Tomatoes by the same incels that came for the Ghostbusters female remake or The Little Mermaid.

In this instance, I'm putting race and gender in the same category because it all blends together for those people.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• Trent W

• Dr. Alexander

• bjorn

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bjorn said:

Yes he's only 33 years old. No need to look like wolverine yet 

he needs a clean cut look 

He does not need it nor does he look like "wolverine." I hate the hatred of men with longer hair. Aaron-Taylor pulls it off so well.

• Thanks 1

Great choice!

He's so fine. I hope he keeps the hair :clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

I'm not denying the producers rejected the idea of a Black Bond

Then there's nothing else to talk about, babygirl.

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

I think that member, was trolling 

I really hope he was not saying that seriously :skull: 

Every single time I turn around, you put your greasy fingers to the keyboard to insert yourself right in the middle of a discussion regarding anything Black or race-related. Please go sit down somewhere, Mr. I Was Happier Under Trump's Administration.

Spoiler

I was clearly exaggerating for comic relief 

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

Whatever happened to the entire right wing fever dream that that black actress was going to play Bond then there were all those of those mini scandals about all of the bond girls they asked the question to like Eva Green on how they felt about that and forcing gender roles, etc. There were endless threads on this forum on that topic.

Props to the PR team for somehow burying it because I remember that narrative lasted months online. I guess it never translated to the general public or everyone moved on. Or there's a new production team involved.

Lashana Lynch was never meant to succeed Daniel Craig. Her character was 007 because Bond had retired and the number was assigned to her (and she eventually she gives it up to him anyways). The controversy was entirely fabricated by right-wing outlets.

Also, the production team is still the same (the Broccoli siblings).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Lashana Lynch was never meant to succeed Daniel Craig. Her character was 007 because Bond had retired and the number was assigned to her (and she eventually she gives it up to him anyways). The controversy was entirely fabricated by right-wing outlets.

Also, the production team is still the same (the Broccoli siblings).

So the fact they were considering it was also fabricated. That's what I thought. Thank you for clarifying. I didn't have the energy to do follow-up research.

• Like 1

I just watched Furiosa trailer and read "Anya Taylor-Joy" :coffee: 

OT: cute.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Then there's nothing else to talk about, babygirl.

Every single time I turn around, you put your greasy fingers to the keyboard to insert yourself right in the middle of a discussion regarding anything Black or race-related. Please go sit down somewhere, Mr. I Was Happier Under Trump's Administration.

Reveal hidden contents

I was clearly exaggerating for comic relief 

Do you really think that a billionaire franchise delayed a project this massive to age out a specific actor? :ahh:

How do you even make sense of something like that? :ahh: 

This guy doesn't give Bond in the slightest.

Bradley James is right there..

If that will lead to more shirtless shoots and probably cake pics, I'm in for it!!!

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

Do you really think that a billionaire franchise delayed a project this massive to age out a specific actor? :ahh:

How do you even make sense of something like that? :ahh: 

Hey,

Here's something you can invest your time into because we all know you'd rather ride on Trump's dick than be in favor of any person of color:

spacer.png

Be gone, emigrant.

• Thumbs Down 1

:deadbanana2:

He was great in Bullet Train and I love him but if this is true, I think I'm gonna need him to deepen his voice a little :chick3: 

Kind of a chop. Maybe he can prove me wrong, though. 

I thought this said Anya Taylor Joy was gonna play bond and tbh I woulda been here for it 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Antonini said:

I thought this said Anya Taylor Joy was gonna play bond and tbh I woulda been here for it 

Me too. The f**k

The way I ran when I thought that Anya would be the next 007

Never heard of him before. 

I thought it was the Peach chick from the Mario movie and we had a heroine James Bond in the making. 

Hottest Bond of all time. Can't wait for his shirtless and sex scenes 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Safe, but good choice. :clap3: Now let's get Beyoncé to do the theme song, and Nolan, Villeneuve or Park Chan-Wook as director.

60baa15005693d77a8f6290a75de3bc2.gif

Wait!? This would be an utter dream! 

Anya Taylor Joy or Sophie Turner as a bond girl, Paul Mescal as Q, Coleman Domingo as a villain or M… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triton said:

Wait!? This would be an utter dream! 

Anya Taylor Joy or Sophie Turner as a bond girl, Paul Mescal as Q, Coleman Domingo as a villain or M… 

Him or Giancarlo Esposito as a villain would be perfection. :jonnycat:

5 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Hey,

Here's something you can invest your time into because we all know you'd rather ride on Trump's dick than be in favor of any person of color:

spacer.png

Be gone, emigrant.

Are you aware that what you posted a few pages back is completely delusional and stupid? Like it was really really bad

Don't defend POC with those arguments because when someone posts something that bad online it damages more the cause than helping.

Sometimes is better to not say what's in your mind

And btw don't proceed to insult me, it makes you looks even worse, we're adults not children

Edited by Trent W

He seems a bit young for the role :celestial5: but I'll reserve judgment for the movie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.