Billboard filters thousands of sales for “Lose Control”, suspicious sales activity

KatyPrismSpirit

6 minutes ago, TeamThiem said:

LMAO!

So what is the end result of all this?

Will he not be #1 next week?

As long as Lovin on Me doesn't return to #1, I'll be okay with whatever song takes it.

Great. Now do the same with Utopia's streams

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, punisher said:

why is his label wasting so much money trying to get #1?

it's not like billboard gives them a complimentary 1 million dollars for that feat

It's ultimately about recognition. Saying you are a billboard #1 artist will make the price go up for potential promoters / shows as well. And it can help for the Grammy campaign too. Saying you are a Grammy winner for example also will increase your value as an artist. It always comes down to money somehow.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Warner Records always at the scene of the crime. How is the hell two khias signed to Warner in the top 3 :penguin:

What's a khia?

@Ariana Grande instrumental, acapella, extended version, orchestral version, Robyn remix, alternate ending video, BTS video. Let's go

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NEX said:

Now filter out sales from the Hot 100 formula entirely. They bring nothing but fraudulent #1s. 

Radio: payola

Sale: mass buying

Streams: autoplay

Remove them all! :ryan3:

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

What's a khia?

) Someone who nobody knows or cares for.
person 1: remy ma becomes first female rapper with the initials “R.M.” to surpass 22 THOUSAND streams on SoundCloud.

person 2: KHIA achievement

Happy Laugh GIF by Kiaundra Jackson

Mess. They caught the TeddyBarbz  :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

What's a khia?

2 hours ago, TeamThiem said:

LMAO!

So what is the end result of all this?

Will he not be #1 next week?

It depends on Ariana's points decrease

He's top 3 on radio, top 5 on overall streaming and the main version is #2 on itunes so he's still selling even without the extra versions

Wow! Hope he still manages to reach #1 this tracking week!

I want to see more follow-up reporting on this. Not because I don't believe it, but I want more sourcing and specifics. 

8 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I always wonder why? Like why do you want to go #1 this way. Won't you feel guilt or undeserving? Its so odd

Taylor did it with Cruel Summer. Multiple remixes at the last moment. 

50 minutes ago, spree said:

She dropped a live version and an LP remix. That's two extra versions hardly "multiple". Y'all always overblow things when it comes to her. 

I'd hate to see what Y'all would say if she pulled an Ariana and yes, and? A song with actual multiple versions. :rip:

• Thanks 2

then watch this song got grammy nom and win next.

:gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

She dropped a live version and an LP remix. That's two extra versions hardly "multiple". Y'all always overblow things when it comes to her. 

I'd hate to see what Y'all would say if she pulled an Ariana and yes, and? A song with actual multiple versions. :rip:

spent a month on top too. that's a long time for something that some people are claiming is due to the "last moment." that's a lot of moments.

It makes sense in this situation because...I only heard who Teddy was because of this so there is no way he had the fanbase to have all the versions bought.

I feel bad for him and his team just slightly because they were blocked by the #1 by...Kanye and his current hateful rhetoric song. Ariana is a more respectable person to get blocked by, let's be real.

Anyways, Billboard needs to be more consistent. Filtering Teddy and Dua, but not BTS when they were the biggest problem with this.

If his label, family and friends are the ones buying in mass then what exactly will they be celebrating for in case it reached #1? It buffles me when labels do this. Like, ma'am it's not the people outside this room that pushed it to the top so what exactly are you cheering for?

lock this rat up 

5 hours ago, spree said:

Most organic smash of the decade :hippo:

We need Billboard to permanently remove radio and digital sales from the Hot 100. :lakitu:

4 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

It makes sense in this situation because...I only heard who Teddy was because of this so there is no way he had the fanbase to have all the versions bought.

I feel bad for him and his team just slightly because they were blocked by the #1 by...Kanye and his current hateful rhetoric song. Ariana is a more respectable person to get blocked by, let's be real.

Anyways, Billboard needs to be more consistent. Filtering Teddy and Dua, but not BTS when they were the biggest problem with this.

I think they filtered Jimin sales too last year for his second week (when he broke the record for biggest fall from #1)

28 minutes ago, Feanor said:

We need Billboard to permanently remove radio and digital sales from the Hot 100. :lakitu:

you have the streaming songs chart for that

• Thanks 1

#banstreamingfarms

rose-mcgowan-rose.gif

Better luck next time.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.