Complain about inflation

Gorjesspazze9

I just walked out of a Walgreens, and they were selling a little bag of Sour Patch Kids candy for $7:rip: then I drove past the gas station and gas prices are starting to rise again. Not as bad as last summer but still almost $4. 

and every week it feels like it’s getting more and more expensive to live. I’m starting to feel like it’s becoming intentional. Like literally less than 2 years ago everything has nearly tripled. And don’t get me started on rent and electric bills. 💀 

• Like 3

i'm noticing it  with vinyl records- why are 1 lps being sold for 35 US?? and why is Noah Kahan's deluxe 3LP 85 dollars??? 

Edited by SLUTTVFTV

12 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I just walked out of a Walgreens, and they were selling a little bag of Sour Patch Kids candy for $7:rip: then I drove past the gas station and gas prices are starting to rise again. Not as bad as last summer but still almost $4. 

and every week it feels like it’s getting more and more expensive to live. I’m starting to feel like it’s becoming intentional. Like literally less than 2 years ago everything has nearly tripled. And don’t get me started on rent and electric bills. 💀 

So inflation has been a near cumulative 300% in two years in the US?

Look it’s no bed of roses, sure, but get a grip.

Edited by Vermouth
  • Thumbs Down 4

covid ended capitalism, the end of an era :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, Vermouth said:

So inflation has been a near cumulative 300% in two years in the US?

Look it’s no bed of roses, sure, but get a grip.

:deadbanana2: Stay in School 

• Haha 3

Fast food combos going from less than $10 to $20, thank you Biden :clap3:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

:deadbanana2: Stay in School 

Listen, in most European countries gas/petrol is US$6.50-7.00/US gallon.

So basically excuse me if I get out the world’s tiniest violin at $4 😁

Edited by Vermouth

1 minute ago, Vermouth said:

Listen, in most European countries gas/petrol is US$6.50-7.00/US gallon.

So basically excuse me if I get out the world’s tiniest violin at $4 😁

“Inflation only went up 300%”  :deadbanana4:

“Gas is more expensive in my Country” 

:rip:
The jokes write themselves 

Too much money in the economy. They printed "free money" during covid. Now we are paying for it. You can't just add trillions into the circulation and expect nothing to happen. 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
25 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

they were selling a little bag of Sour Patch Kids candy for $7:rip:

Oh, this hit close to home cause I just went to the movies this afternoon and I stopped in a convenience store on the way to get candy, and the small bags were $3 :deadbanana2: They were always $1 my whole life, wtf?!?! I laughed and walked right out of that store.

But as long as people are buying stuff at these inflated prices, they'll never come back down :monkey:

• Like 3

It’s price gouging not actual inflation.

• Like 1

I go into the corner shop and the bars of chocolate say 79/99p printed on the packaging but the price on the shelf is £2.49 :skull:

I'm a single 51 year old, living on my own, and the cost of groceries is literally crippling. If I buy ingredients to make myself 2 or 3 nutritious meals a day and some bottled water I'm spending £60 easily, this isn't even including luxuries like chocolates or biscuits :deadbanana2: 

• Like 1

Why am I paying 20 euros everytime I leave the grocery store for literally 4 or 5 items.. I’m seriously considering becoming a vegetarian with how expensive meat is these days. Doing groceries as a single living household is HELL

• Like 3

not my sour patch kids… biden deserves prison 

Sour patch kids price increased since Olivia debuted. Why?

• Haha 1

I own an apartment and building maintenance and upkeep has SKYROCKETED! Not to mention the insurance costs, it's f*cked. :sosad:

I was born in Venezuela (country with the biggest inflation in the WORLD for years) and now I live in Argentina (which just dethroned Venezuela as the country with biggest inflation in Latin America). Y'all don't know sh+t lol.

• Haha 3

Why are we all getting poorer except these corporations who are bringing in more money than ever 

“cost of living” is a joke 

• Like 2

Back in the day, you went to McDonald's to eat when you were broke, now you're broke after a meal at McDonald's. :skull:

• Haha 3

Inflation, shrinkflation, stagnant salaries, greedy corporations, it’s all too much :redface:

we the people might be broke, but atleast the stock market is up!

3 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

That's why I live w my mom :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.