Billboard Charts (Week of March 23, 2024)

Renan90

8 hours ago, Green said:

Ariana has the same number of #1 albums than Mariah, Gaga and Britney Spears now  :eek: 

Taylor 13

Barbra 11

Madonna 9

Janet & Beyoncé 7

Mariah, Britney, Gaga & Ariana 6

darn, I had just assumed Mariah's number of #1 albums was also in the upper echelon like her #1 singles :chick2:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Gerardo

• KKCuteCat

• brianc33710

Mess @ someone thiking SOS is the biggest album by a female artist this decade when Rihanna and Beyonce are right there :rip: . 

Streaming makes the album stay in the chart much longer than before but it doesn't mean it is bigger than era like GGBD or Loud or I Am Sasha...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic numbers for Ari, she served a quality album and it paid off:clap3:

Poor the haters who were calling it her "Witness" and saying that she's over in the HDD thread, they should feel embarrassed   :dies: 

12 hours ago, littlebodybigheart said:

only 77k pure after releasing 10 different covers is kinda wild :rip:

Banned

:fan:

• Haha 14

5 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

Mess @ someone thiking SOS is the biggest album by a female artist this decade when Rihanna and Beyonce are right there :rip: . 

Streaming makes the album stay in the chart much longer than before but it doesn't mean it is bigger than era like GGBD or Loud or I Am Sasha...

SOS is also going to outsell them by far so really it goes beyond chart runs :laugh: I know actually looking at stats isn’t preferred and living in 2007 nostalgia is instead the preference with many of you though. 

Good Girl Gone Bad - 6x Platinum after 16 years

I Am Sasha Fierce - 6x Platinum after 15 years

Loud - 3x Platinum after 13 years

SOS: 5x Platinum eligible after ONE year, will cross 6x Platinum later in 2024, then cross 7x Platinum sometime in 2025. Likely going Diamond in a few more years. 

• Like 6

So close to being her 2nd biggest debut ever. :gaycat6:

200k+ is always a impressive first week number. If 'Positions' also had vinyl available upon release, this very likely would've been her 4th consecutive debut in the 200k+ range.:clap3:

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

SOS is also going to outsell them by far so really it goes beyond chart runs :laugh: I know actually looking at stats isn’t preferred and living in 2007 nostalgia is instead the preference with many of you though. 

Good Girl Gone Bad - 6x Platinum after 16 years

I Am Sasha Fierce - 6x Platinum after 15 years

Loud - 3x Platinum after 13 years

SOS: 5x Platinum eligible after ONE year, will cross 6x Platinum later in 2024, then cross 7x Platinum sometime in 2025. Likely going Diamond in a few more years. 

The last time Rihanna's certification update was 2018? It was literally 6 years ago. Do u know that the artists have to buy certification in the US? Those albums were probably eligible for more platinum certification now.

And good luck with your projection with SZA. 

45 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

The last time Rihanna's certification update was 2018? It was literally 6 years ago. Do u know that the artists have to buy certification in the US? Those albums were probably eligible for more platinum certification now.

SOS is the bigger album. It's not just about streaming, in fact plenty of albums today drop like a rock on the charts. SOS is an album seeing longevity on the charts in a way very few artists are still able to achieve. And you can say the same for CTRL.

It's charting like a Taylor Swift album, enough said.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

SOS is the bigger album. It's not just about streaming, in fact plenty of albums today drop like a rock on the charts. SOS is an album seeing longevity on the charts in a way very few artists are still able to achieve. And you can say the same for CTRL.

It's charting like a Taylor Swift album, enough said.

Albums in streaming era has much more longevity in general. Prior to streaming era, an album that spent more than 100 weeks in Top 200 can consider longevity. But right now even Position by Ariana which has average success can achieve that. 

Album like Good Girl Gone Bad is just one of the biggest era that i've ever witnessed and to think SOS is a bigger album is quite a reach. At least at this moment it;s not the bigger album. 

Let's see when everything is said and done. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

You’re being purposely obtuse.

1. GGGB is probably 7x eligible at most. 

2. If it took until 2018… 11 years after release to be certified 6x Platinum…. and SOS will be 6x Platinum eligible in under 2 years….clearly that indicates SOS is by far going to end up with higher sales when the dust settles. Regardless of if GGGB gets re-certified 1 or 2 more times in the future. 

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

Albums in streaming era has much more longevity in general. Prior to streaming era, an album that spent more than 100 weeks in Top 200 can consider longevity. But right now even Position by Ariana which has average success can achieve that. 

Album like Good Girl Gone Bad is just one of the biggest era that i've ever witnessed and to think SOS is a bigger album is quite a reach. At least at this moment it;s not the bigger album. 

List all the countless female streaming era albums that have reached 5 million units in 1 year and spent 60 weeks top 10 :heart:

SOS’s units and chart run is FAR more rare for a female album today than GGGB’s units and chart run was for a female album in the 2000s.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

stop lying to yourself. 

2 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

female albums that spent 30+ weeks on both SPS and sales top 10s:

midnights, 1989, lover, folklore

sour, asleep, 25

if we were to just go by SPS weeks of repeat streaming vs. the previous charts, morgan's dangerous is 67% bigger than adele's 21, which I don't think it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

You’re being purposely obtuse.

1. GGGB is probably 7x eligible at most. 

2. If it took until 2018… 11 years after release to be certified 6x Platinum…. and SOS will be 6x Platinum eligible in under 2 years….clearly that indicates SOS is by far going to end up with higher sales when the dust settles. Regardless of if GGGB gets re-certified 1 or 2 more times in the future. 

List all the countless female streaming era albums that have reached 5 million units in 1 year and spent 60 weeks top 10 :heart:

SOS’s units and chart run is FAR more rare for a female album today than GGGB’s units and chart run was for a female album in the 2000s.

U are the dumb one here babe. When did i say there are countless of that reach 5 million units? Where? U can't read? The only thing I say is streaming let album with successful singles stay much longer in the chart than before, which is FACT. 

And let's see when SOS outsell GGGB. Right now it hasn't. So it isn't bigger yet. 

You probably weren't born when GGGB was released so i don't blame you for being clueless. But to think SZA is the bigger era of the two is still a reach. 

Two solo #1 debuts in her Witness era :jonny6:

• Like 8

• Like 3

Pretty impressive how it was predicted top 15 at first :clap3:

Hopefully she goes all out for the boy is mine for another #1 :jonnycat:

so happy for Ariana getting her 9th #1 song. :clap3:

We can’t be Friends #1 :worship2:

Yes, and? Back to the Top 10 :clap3:

Ariana won this week :alexz:

• Like 1

Drake's record breaking 77 Top 10's ironically makes the idea of a Top 10 less impressive. I remember in 2010's a Top 10 was something special not an endless list of songs no one remembers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

:clap3: Hoping it stays #1 this week

Her Witness era some people said :clown::fan:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blade said:

Drake's record breaking 77 Top 10's ironically makes the idea of a Top 10 less impressive. I remember in 2010's a Top 10 was something special not an endless list of songs no one remembers.

I agree. And this is honestly no shade to Drake, at all, but more so shade towards Billboard. 

This is why I hate album bombs, tbh. Drake now has 77 top 10 "hits" but I feel as if (over the last 4-5 years at least) 70%+ of these top tens were just album songs that spent less than 15-20 weeks on the chart and were never played on radio or made any sales. They're just frontloaded streaming "hits" -- which is okay, I guess, but these over-powered streaming bombs literally bury all of the more well-balanced hits off of the chart and it's getting tiresome to look at as a chart freak lol. Like I don't care who the artist is, whole albums shouldn't be debuting in the top 20, its just overkill. 

• Like 4