Should ATRL have stricter rules? 

Starfish

In my recent thread about ATRL's decreasing activity, many people mentioned that they felt moderation was too strict and biased. On the other hand, I was surprised to read a wildly different take by one of the forum members today:

"Sometimes people like you make me wish we shouldn’t be able to speak so freely anonymously about others online."

And it made me think, what would be the best way to go about it? Was Diana right? Should we stop freely speaking about others online? Is that what this site needs? 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• Starfish

• wastedpotential

• sourprint

RussiATRL incoming. Thanks Diana, whoever you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

no i kinda miss when it was messier. it used to be a warzone at times. i feel like a lot of the older members who really knew how to be funny and messy are long gone

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

No. We have become very sensitive due to the new sensitive world. 

Unless you are being racist or directly attacking a minority with discriminatory intentions. We should speak our minds and opinions freely. 

We can already hardly criticize a pop girl's work without being attacked back or even given warnings, this applies to ATRL and every other online site. Like aren't we here to talk about somebody else's WORK that is released into the world? Truly takes the fun and life out of everything. 

I also hate how we can get warnings simply for attacking back at a person who egged us on first. Gives me major high school bullies getting away with being the aggressors first. But that's another story. 

Edited by TouchinFree
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I think ATRL already has strict rules. Don't let this place turn into Stan Twitter :suburban:

• Like 1

no. SOME things need to be moderated a little more, but the mods have been warning the most ridiculous stuff lately 

:ryan3:

• Like 7

Who is Diana 

:suburban:

That’s why the website activity is decreasing 

:suburban:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hell na! Some members really want shariATRL  :biblio:

• Like 2

I want my posts and likes convertible to cash.

• Haha 3

Stricter rules is extremist and I go against it, no matter what's the subject or if I agree with it or not.

• Like 3

The way I’m mean to everyone and haven’t received a warning point in eons

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

no, i miss when you would call a popgirl a fad without getting a warning

IMG-3197.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I think it depends on the rule, but overall no. If anything they just need to enforce the rules they already have. 

I’ve noticed that album/single threads get turned into the Artist’s base thread, and if you’re trying to find specific info about the album/single you’re gonna have to go through pages of completely off topic conversions/random rankings, and that’s extremely annoying. That’s one rule I wish was actually enforced, but I don’t think adding more/stricter rules is the answer 

Edited by xXavril

Only racism and insults should be warnable.

• Like 8

I don’t think so but can I genuinely ask what the **** y’all are doing or saying to get so many warning points? I don’t think I’ve had one in a year and a half but for the most part I’am behaved I guess. Even then the users I’ve seen before complaining are kidding themselves. Constantly antagonizing users and always coming for artist is gonna rack you some points what are you expecting :rip:

Um no 

• Thanks 1

no, being messy is part of the pop culture fandom

• Like 2

You're kidding. :skull: 

Yes, lets ban all Zionists.

And for those who miss SYG, go on Elon's X

• Like 4

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

For instance, I know we're all treading pretty lightly in the Tortured Poets Department album thread because a Mod came in and let us know that there had been several off-topic post reports, and from the perspective of everyone active in the thread, the reports/response from the moderators seem quite ludicrous :deadbanana4:

I mean, we got 28 reports at once from that thread and only 1 report was issued (which was a blatant off topic post in reply to my post). We have since turned a blind eye to the thread again and it’s business as usual. I’m not sure how the response was ludicrous?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.