Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

7 hours ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Exactly. And that's what we're theorizing throughout each film. Who, from the friend group, is Ghostface and WHY. The final act literally has to do with the motive. 

Almost perfect. Switch 5 with 3 and it's the perfect ranking. Scream 5 truly aged like milk, it has no replay value, actually upon watching again, I keep realizing how bad it was.  That final act was truly awful. 

At least 3 is fun and it actually does have great reply value. 

For me, it

Scream > Scream 2 > Scream 4 = Scream 3 >>>> Scream 5 

As far as Ghostface

Billy = Stu = Mrs Loomis > Jill > Romen > Mickey > Charlie > Richie > Doofy > Ray > Bobby >>>>>.

>> Amber

You are on straight crack if you think Scream 3 isn’t the absolute worst of the series. So bad that it killed it for a decade. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

You are on straight crack if you think Scream 3 isn’t the absolute worst of the series. So bad that it killed it for a decade. 

What kind of vastly incorrect rewrite. That's literally what 4 did, not 3 :biblio:

3 was actually meant to end the franchise unlike 4 that was meant to create a new trilogy but flopped so bad it was swiftly cancelled and Scream got relegated to a trash MTV show. 4 couldn't even suprass 40million in the US :toofunny3: The biggest flop and worst movie by far

8 hours ago, qurl said:

Scream > Scream 3 > Scream 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scream 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> literal dog $h!t >>> Scream 5

We cannot take you seriously placing 3 above what is probably the best horror movie direct sequel ever released (besides Aliens) and with what was nearly a franchise killing third part at that. 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyOne said:

What kind of vastly incorrect rewrite. That's literally what 4 did, not 3 :biblio:

3 was actually meant to end the franchise unlike 4 that was meant to create a new trilogy but flopped so bad it was swiftly cancelled and Scream got relegated to a trash MTV show. 4 couldn't even suprass 40million in the US :toofunny3: The biggest flop and worst movie by far

Nobody said 4 wasn’t unsuccessful for being also terrible. But 3. Was absolute bottom of the barrel. The jumping the shark was terrible.

To try and spin 5 as worse is hilarious. You only need to watch the house scene where they run in and out to realize how dumb it is. 

5 may have flaws like the hallucinations but it at the very least had balls of steel too with the best opening sequence since 2. 

4 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Nobody said 4 wasn’t unsuccessful for being also terrible. But 3. Was absolute bottom of the barrel. The jumping the shark was terrible.

To try and spin 5 as worse is hilarious. You only need to watch the house scene where they run in and out to realize how dumb it is. 

5 may have flaws like the hallucinations but it at the very least had balls of steel too with the best opening sequence since 2. 

Girl I would never spin 5 as worse. 5 is part of the holy trinity with 1 & 2. The Loomis Trilogy remains untouched and the peak of the franchise >>>>

But 3 is definitely better than 4, which had a flop cast, a flop ghostface, flop opening, and most importantly flop clearance rack wardrobe for Sidney. 

3 at least had Mother Posey and Sidney serving her most c*nt ever. "Why don't you take some F*CKING responsibility!!!" >>>>>

Ig I’m one of the few who actually prefers 5 over 4. The only redeeming quality of 4 for me is Emma Roberts. I don’t care for any of the other new characters. 

Also anyone ranking thee Amber "ACAB" Freeman as the worst Ghostface will never see heaven and I hope someone brings a baby to your theater when you go see 6 in two weeks. 

Mother Amber killed 2 possibly 3 cops and is the only person to kill a legacy cast member along with fellow Top 2 Queen Mrs. Loomis. No one has done it like them. 

Jill and 4 stans really have the worst taste on earth.

53rhg7qtdff91.gif

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

and most importantly flop clearance rack wardrobe for Sidney. 

not the clearance rack wardrobe :bibliahh:

5 minutes ago, ebaby said:

not the clearance rack wardrobe :bibliahh:

Did I lie?

The way Scream 4 Sidney was desperate, tired, and broke. Having to hawk her trauma for $$ just so she could afford to stop shopping at Old Navy. Poor girl. 

53rhg7qtdff91.gif

• ATRL Moderator

I have to say, I do really like Ghostface's dialogue and delivery in Scream 4, sounds particularly menacing :jamming: Roger always delivers but he was on something special with 4 

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Did I lie?

The way Scream 4 Sidney was desperate, tired, and broke. Having to hawk her trauma for $$ just so she could afford to stop shopping at Old Navy. Poor girl. 

53rhg7qtdff91.gif

Scream 4 Sidney is iconique! Don’t you dare disrespect mother like that! Her murdering Jill and delivering her iconic “don’t **** with the original” is legend enough to waiver any missteps of that film (of which there were very few)

15 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

Scream 4 Sidney is iconique! Don’t you dare disrespect mother like that! Her murdering Jill and delivering her iconic “don’t **** with the original” is legend enough to waiver any missteps of that film (of which there were very few)

exactly. scream 4 sidney > scream 5 sidney

the "don't **** with the original" line alone >>>>

Scream 4 Sidney: Don’t **** with the original

One movie later: gets replaced as the lead, is relegated to 10 minutes of screen time, the movie becomes more successful and then she’s booted from the franchise entirely with the one film she’s not in tracking to have Scream’s biggest opening weekend

That line aged like milk I fear

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Scream 4 Sidney: Don’t **** with the original

One movie later: gets replaced as the lead, is relegated to 10 minutes of screen time, the movie becomes more successful and then she’s booted from the franchise entirely with the one film she’s not in tracking to have Scream’s biggest opening weekend

That line aged like milk I fear

spacer.png

“Booted from the franchise” be so fr right now as if you don’t know she’s the one who declined.

2 hours ago, 45seconds said:

We cannot take you seriously placing 3 above what is probably the best horror movie direct sequel ever released (besides Aliens) and with what was nearly a franchise killing third part at that. 

y’all aren’t ready for the conversation of why Scream 3 is actually pretty good …… i get it !

if ur talking about Scream 2 i think u have nostalgia goggles on which i cannot fault u for but 2 does nothing that 1 didn’t do better. 3 was doing something completely different.

7 minutes ago, qurl said:

y’all aren’t ready for the conversation of why Scream 3 is actually pretty good …… i get it !

if ur talking about Scream 2 i think u have nostalgia goggles on which i cannot fault u for but 2 does nothing that 1 didn’t do better. 3 was doing something completely different.

I couldn’t even speak when Scream and Scream 2 came out so there are no nostalgia glasses. I just have eyes. Scream 2 may not have reinvented the wheel but it built upon what the original (and better) one did. 

Scream 3 tried to be edgy and outright completely failed. Hence why its critical and fandom score is dog ****. 

2 hours ago, 45seconds said:

The jumping the shark was terrible.

in a horror movie specifically about dissecting horror movies wrapped around the making of a fake horror movie ??? and u don’t like it because it jumps the shark ??

it has a literal star wars parallel straight down to a carrie fisher cameo. it’s about why movies , and specifically horror movies , are allowed to be so ridiculous and fantastical which sets up the unearned 11th hour plot twist. it’s still unearned, it’s still bad, but that’s kinda the point: if u let something run for too long the creativity becomes a void that swallows itself.

again ….. y’all aren’t ready for the conversation and that’s FINE. but 3 is the best sequel and people who like the idea of the franchise beyond the “WhOdUniT :juanny:“ get it

1 minute ago, ebaby said:

wait but she kind of carried Scream 3 

spacer.png

well, YES !!!!!!!

”You’re such a complex character !”

Can we just agree to disagree here? Emma Roberts SLAYED scream queens yes, but she was W**** S*** in scream 4. Just because she was a Ghost Face killer does not make it a good film. come on now.

1 hour ago, ebaby said:

wait but she kind of carried Scream 3 

spacer.png

No this is full tea; wish she lived so badly 

3 hours ago, qurl said:

in a horror movie specifically about dissecting horror movies wrapped around the making of a fake horror movie ??? and u don’t like it because it jumps the shark ??

it has a literal star wars parallel straight down to a carrie fisher cameo. it’s about why movies , and specifically horror movies , are allowed to be so ridiculous and fantastical which sets up the unearned 11th hour plot twist. it’s still unearned, it’s still bad, but that’s kinda the point: if u let something run for too long the creativity becomes a void that swallows itself.

again ….. y’all aren’t ready for the conversation and that’s FINE. but 3 is the best sequel and people who like the idea of the franchise beyond the “WhOdUniT :juanny:“ get it

You trying to make 3 happen is not going to happen sister. It’s terrible. And yes, a horro movie making fun of horror tropes and then falling into those horror tropes (UNKNOWINGLY like Scream 3 did) is jumping the shark.

Enjoy having the absolute worst take a Scream fan can have tho! See ya After 6! :coffee:

2 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

Can we just agree to disagree here? Emma Roberts SLAYED scream queens yes, but she was W**** S*** in scream 4. Just because she was a Ghost Face killer does not make it a good film. come on now.

Her acting was very dry but I feel like the killer reveal was a little better. Compare that to Amber in 5 who was just so cringe to watch because she was trying way too hard to do her best Stu impression :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.