Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

y’all entertaining the notion of incorporating the awful TV series into the main series canon says plenty about your taste level … and by extension why you enjoyed 6

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

this was so bad omg??? like so bad it was funny. and not in a self-aware kind of way either.

tbh ill always rewatch the films yearly but whew! this was ass LMAO

15 minutes ago, Babydoll. said:

this was so bad omg??? like so bad it was funny. and not in a self-aware kind of way either.

Many, many (a record breaking amount for the franchise) people would disagree with you. 

22 minutes ago, Babydoll. said:

There is ALWAYS this person lol

I LOVED IT!!! Honestly, it's probably in my Top 3!

• ATRL Moderator

Gonna see it a third time before it loses all its premium screens :ghostface:

13 hours ago, Ricky Wilson said:

Plsssss not you comparing the ig followers of an overrated “no sabo” kid, Disney Channel actress and payola’d Wednesday hyped lady to those of a self made, REAL latina that actually had to learn another language and work hard to even get a chance to make it in Hollywood :deadbanana4: clown behavior

imagine saying who is and who isnt a real latina, disgusting.

And jenna is 1000x a better actress than the other lady

• ATRL Moderator

I’m just now getting caught up with some of the interviews the cast did leading up to the premiere, and they just all seems so nice and genuinely enjoy each other!

This one in particular was really cute and funny:

This was decent but the girlies are being a bit delusional with the mega praise! The writing is literally worse than ever but it's compensated for by the consistently great set pieces. Sam's actress does 100000x better too.

The resilience of these characters is getting incredibly ridiculous for the sake of adding stakes + gore without having to kill them off. Mindy's girlfriend got a knife dragged from her bellybutton up to her ribcage and somehow manages to walk and talk and crawl for the next 5 minutes before her (kinda funny) plummet. Mindy herself gets a big drawn-out stab on the train and then is running around only a few hours later as if nothing happened in the epilogue. Tara is literally stabbed in the back during the finale when kissing Chad (particularly annoying and cringe and useless plot point btw) and it seems like they pretend it didn't happen entirely and she's not even sent to hospital? And then worst of all Chad who brings nothing but eye candy to the table survives an absolute barrage of stabbings 

:rip: Like come on just kill him off we don't really care!

New collider spoiler interview with the directors.

Spoiler

They said they originally planned for an entirely different motive and killer/s

such a cool poster + the scream twitter account RT'd it so yeah the scream 7 announcement should be coming soon

I really wanna know who the original killers were and what their motive was. Someone please leak the original draft of the script

I wanted to love this as much as everybody else, I love all the Screams in their own way but this one had some glaring issues to me. Melissa is definitely the MVP tho, I couldn't stand her in 5 and she stepped it up big time.

Spoiler

- It easily felt like the least self-aware Scream movie. They've always been so good at balancing camp and horror, but a lot of the camp in this one felt sloppy and veered into cheesy.

- NYC was underutilized and it was glaringly obvious that many of the scenes weren't filmed in the city to the point that I was taken out of it a few times. The two most significant "NYC moments" were the subway and the bodega scenes, and they gave too much of them away in the trailers.

- WTF was up with people getting up and running around 5 minutes after being gutted multiple times by Ghostface? Definitely cheapened the stakes for me.

- Someone in the core four should've died, it made no sense at all for Chad to pull through after all *that.* See above about cheapening the stakes

All that said, it's still an undeniably fun time, I just found myself distracted by everything above

• ATRL Moderator

Directors gave a really great interview with Variety: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/scream-6-spoilers-explained-directors-neve-campbell-stu-1235548929/

I have to say, I really love their energy and their approach to this franchise. It really feels like they care about it a lot. 

1 hour ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

I wanted to love this as much as everybody else, I love all the Screams in their own way but this one had some glaring issues to me. Melissa is definitely the MVP tho, I couldn't stand her in 5 and she stepped it up big time.

Reveal hidden contents

- It easily felt like the least self-aware Scream movie. They've always been so good at balancing camp and horror, but a lot of the camp in this one felt sloppy and veered into cheesy.

- NYC was underutilized and it was glaringly obvious that many of the scenes weren't filmed in the city to the point that I was taken out of it a few times. The two most significant "NYC moments" were the subway and the bodega scenes, and they gave too much of them away in the trailers.

- WTF was up with people getting up and running around 5 minutes after being gutted multiple times by Ghostface? Definitely cheapened the stakes for me.

- Someone in the core four should've died, it made no sense at all for Chad to pull through after all *that.* See above about cheapening the stakes

All that said, it's still an undeniably fun time, I just found myself distracted by everything above

I agree with every word you said. I feel like I watched a different movie than some of the people in this thread lol. It was fun, but it was also a bit of a mess. 

Not trying to compare series, but imagine watching a Saw movie and…

…virtually everyone survives their traps. No one wants that, even for characters they love. Someone from the Core Four should have absolutely died. If someone gets stabbed multiple times, I want the writers to commit. 

I also did not find the movie to be self-aware, funny, or really all that satirical, which is one of the reasons we all love the series.  Idk… so much about the writing on this one felt rushed.

Maybe I’ll enjoy it more on an eventual rewatch. I hope the next one has some actual stakes, and they take time to let the story bake. 

Did the final Sunday number come in yet? It would be cool if the box office number was adjusted up to $45M 

2 hours ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

such a cool poster + the scream twitter account RT'd it so yeah the scream 7 announcement should be coming soon

spacer.png

:ghostface:

On 3/13/2023 at 11:47 AM, kyris89 said:

There is ALWAYS this person lol

:rip: what does this mean lol - i just didnt enjoy this installment fhjskdjhdas

Edited by Babydoll.
bad bad terrible bad use of english language x

It’s too unrealistic..

7-8 people are being murdered within span of like few days and they hire 1 fbi agent :bibliahh:

they keep getting stabbed 20 times and they’re still being able to talk and walk.

it’s a comedy at this point and not a horror. 

Such a great entry in the franchise tbh

up there with 1, 2 & 4 for me

i can’t wait to watch it again but in English this time

Hands down the best scream ever ! 

The New York set worked SO well 

The subway scene was FANTASTIC , the Gayle scene was UNREAL 

• ATRL Moderator

In case anyone was interested, the film earned its certified fresh badge today! 

Certified fresh with a 77% critics score and a 92% audience score is just unbelievable for the 6th film in a horror franchise. I’m elated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.