Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

9 minutes ago, kyris89 said:

What's iconic about Laurie? Screaming and crying like a baby? She got lucky like... 1000 times. Sidney was a fighter, a badass. She's the #1

Because she’s pretty much the archetype of ALL final girls. They all followed the Laurie format. When you ask any horror movie fan to name a final girl she will always be the most popular answer. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

And Sam is gonna eat up both Laurie and Sidney as the supreme final girl by this time next week because she doesn't follow the same tired cliche good girl trope

9873f84b6af6e8044ab72d2858c7588ea013a9a5

Not Laurie Strode getting scalped in here.

:deadbanana2:

Hoe my goodness.

41 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Yes 4DX actually made S5 an incredible experience, you might be able to find my other posts in this thread being weirdly ranty and obsessive with 4DX, my country is only showing 6 in 4DX for one day (Wednesday premiere day) and you best believe I made friends change their plans to MAKE IT WORK, wouldn't watch it any other way, it's like watching the movie on a kiddy rollercoaster that moves based on what's happening in the movie 

thIs isN't LiKe AnY OThER GHOStFAce

screaming, my friend hates scream generally and she had a blast with how much they've said this both for 5 and 6, I found it a tad stupid too :skull: but would have worked better if 5 wasn't all like "something just feels different about this one" like...we get it, another friend who's main criticism with the franchise is the sequels being too similar to one another had a field day too after 5 being the same formula again after that tagline 

Nope, there are 4DX screenings with 3D generally but it's a much rarer occurrence than 2D 4DX showings, as far as I'm aware both S5 and S6 only show in 2D 4DX and the 3D option for 6 is without 4DX

OT 

I was bored so was gonna catch up on this thread but I see y'all are mentioning the report and ignore button so I'm gonna head out and share my thoughts on Wednesday :skull:

I’m seeing Scream 6 in 4DX 3-D in Chicago. I’m a little nervous because idk what to expect and I’m afraid it’ll be distracting while watching the movie. 

50 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Nope, there are 4DX screenings with 3D generally but it's a much rarer occurrence than 2D 4DX showings, as far as I'm aware both S5 and S6 only show in 2D 4DX and the 3D option for 6 is without 4DX

Oh? I just assumed they were only doing 4DX 3D screenings for Scream 6 because that's all I see available near me. 

Wasn't going to do a rewatch but changed my mind.

Just finished the first one again for the 1000th time. Still my favorite movie of all time. I don't think it'll ever change. It's so good.

I always get upset at Tatum's iconic death scene though, my favorite character. 

Starting #2 now! 

So excited for Thurs showing at 8:40. Going with my sister, brother in law, one of our best friends and my cousin & his gf. I'm more hyped for this one than 4 & 5.

I have a good feeling about 6 hoping it might be the best one since 2. I need Gale and my Man Chad to make it through this. 

Edited by Gabers05
Typo

39 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I’m seeing Scream 6 in 4DX 3-D in Chicago. I’m a little nervous because idk what to expect and I’m afraid it’ll be distracting while watching the movie. 

Expect disgusting stale water that haven't been changed since whatever movie last showed in 4DX was being sprayed at your face for seemingly no reason sometimes, and the chair trying to kick you to the ground when attacks happen that you kinda need to hold on to your chair, lmao it's great, I wouldn't say it's districting as much as adds adrenalin and focus on the scene, let's just say when I finally rewatched 5 my enjoyment of it was nowhere near the same lol

30 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Oh? I just assumed they were only doing 4DX 3D screenings for Scream 6 because that's all I see available near me. 

Oh interesting, I don't think 5 was doing the same since they made the whole special 3D announcement for 6, my showings don't have any 3D option for 6 though but I think it was only selected location it was announced for? not sure, I hate 3D too though it's kinda nasty lol

1 hour ago, kyris89 said:

What's iconic about Laurie? Screaming and crying like a baby? She got lucky like... 1000 times. Sidney was a fighter, a badass. She's the #1

Halloween H2O turned Laurie Strode iconic in H1 & H2 she was bland as could be. the H18 trilogy version of Laurie is superior 

I got tickets for this Wednesday midnight!!! It’s a special showtime and I hope that there’s not a crazy fan coming to the showing with the full costume because I would die. 

1 hour ago, 45seconds said:

Because she’s pretty much the archetype of ALL final girls. They all followed the Laurie format. When you ask any horror movie fan to name a final girl she will always be the most popular answer. 

. You’ll recognize that she’s quite literally a part in the first film bc she’s THAT iconic 

25 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Expect disgusting stale water that haven't been changed since whatever movie last showed in 4DX was being sprayed at your face for seemingly no reason sometimes, and the chair trying to kick you to the ground when attacks happen that you kinda need to hold on to your chair, lmao it's great, I wouldn't say it's districting as much as adds adrenalin and focus on the scene, let's just say when I finally rewatched 5 my enjoyment of it was nowhere near the same lol

I think there's an option to turn off the water feature. I don't see how Scream would do waterworks though. Maybe if it rains?

Oh interesting, I don't think 5 was doing the same since they made the whole special 3D announcement for 6, my showings don't have any 3D option for 6 though but I think it was only selected location it was announced for? not sure, I hate 3D too though it's kinda nasty lol

I would've splurged for 4DX if it didn't have shoehorned 3D. Alas, I ended up going with the standard for Thursday, but watching it again in Dolby on Sunday. 

5 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

well let's not believe an anonymous source as a reliable insider. because neve is still on good terms with the cast members. spyglass really thought and would've rather have had people turn against neve for not coming back in but take more offense for her coming clean about the actual reason why she declined smfh shady business right there. if her needs were met she'd be in this movie which disproves that this whole tip is false. she didn't bash them. she spoke up and said the truth. they also respected that and moved forward so yeah.

doesn't sidney live in chicago now :rip: a survivor becoming ghostface or a ghostface surviving would be new territory. the original scream 4 ending was setting up the latter with jill. the mess that delulu bish would've served only to then be targeted again by another ghostface would've been such a kii.

she's not being greedy. she's just not settling. spyglass should've negotiated properly. curious if neve will even bother viewing this film and reconsider coming back in general. emma roberts said it best the fact that these studios and industry is getting really comfortable with making their employees seem disposable especially in franchise is disrespectful as ****. i mean even cast members in THIS movie stood with neve which tells you something.

omg no let this franchise go. not y'all wanting this to continue with her children at some point in the future Dx we already getting the sibling target with this incarnation it would be reductive. whatever happened to letting sidney live in peace lol she wasn't offered alot of money. she was low balled off a franchise that was essentially built on her back and wanted to be compensated correctly and rightfully so. 

I don’t really want that to happen but this is a franchise that will be rebooted time and time again and with every reboot I feel like Sidney will be brought back as a marketing tactic like Laurie strode. 

2 hours ago, Attitude said:

I think there's an option to turn off the water feature. I don't see how Scream would do waterworks though. Maybe if it rains?

I don't remember what scenes it was but 5 used it and if there was an option to turn it off I didn't see it

BTW idk if it's been mentioned but I saw people say there's an after credit scene in 6! So make sure you wait till after the credits roll guys

2 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I got tickets for this Wednesday midnight!!! It’s a special showtime and I hope that there’s not a crazy fan coming to the showing with the full costume because I would die. 

not this personal attack when I've already packed my GF mask in my bag so I don't forget it :rip:

edit: 

lemme lock in my final GF predictions while I'm at it, I'm completely spoiler free so I have no way of knowing but still putting in spoiler tag

I'm really feeling like Samara character is faking her death in the opening and will be a killer, alongside Kirby and the detective guy who's supposed to give Dewey vibes, they will be the 3 killers imo which is definitely the amount we'll get I think, and the psychiatrist Sam is seeing will be a red herring, also I think Sam is dying bc Radiosilence KNOW they have to give us what we need with Neve gone and allegedly not coming back ever as long as spyglass is involved or w/e

don't quote me if you know spoilers xo 

Edited by HungryByTheBuffet

4 hours ago, 45seconds said:

Quite literally only Laurie  is above Sidney in terms of being an iconic final girl. There’s not even a close third place. 

Ripley could easily be third place. I feel like in order to be top tier final girl you have to have a franchise attached to the characters so these girls make the cut easily.

4 hours ago, kyris89 said:

How did she get lucky if she was targeted multiple times spanning decades and multi generations? To quote Jamie Lee "TRAHMA" Laurie being so cookie cutter and able to hold her own is what made her such an interesting. A girl that wouldn't hurt a fly forced to fend for her life, poetry. 

4 hours ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

thIs isN't LiKe AnY OThER GHOStFAce

screaming, my friend hates scream generally and she had a blast with how much they've said this both for 5 and 6, I found it a tad stupid too :skull: but would have worked better if 5 wasn't all like "something just feels different about this one" like...we get it, another friend who's main criticism with the franchise is the sequels being too similar to one another had a field day too after 5 being the same formula again after that tagline 

I mean it made sense to say in 5 considering it was a requel. Still makes sense to say it in 6 because it's also a new setting.

4 hours ago, 45seconds said:

Laurie is literally Mother to all of the final girls

4 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

And Sam is gonna eat up both Laurie and Sidney as the supreme final girl by this time next week because she doesn't follow the same tired cliche good girl trope

9873f84b6af6e8044ab72d2858c7588ea013a9a5

Definitely a nice twist having our final girl also be part slasher. Serving hybrid. Also before people keep coming at Melissa should see her In The Heights. She also is fantastic in another horror movie called Bed Rest which y'all should give a chance too. 

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Not Laurie Strode getting scalped in here.

:deadbanana2:

Hoe my goodness.

Women get no respect. Especially when Sidney and Laurie are THOSE GIRLS.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Halloween H2O turned Laurie Strode iconic in H1 & H2 she was bland as could be. the H18 trilogy version of Laurie is superior 

The only Halloween films that matter is 1, 2, 4, 5, H20 and H18. The first Rob Zombie one I'm okay with on a good day. But Laurie was at her best in 1, H20 and H18. Laurie in H1 is in no way bland. In fact one could argue her being so ordinary is what made her so extraordinary. The fact that the girl next door that was essentially designed as a puritan was able to survive fighting the essence of pure evil would start a legacy for her character in the genre.

2 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

You’ll recognize that she’s quite literally a part in the first film bc she’s THAT iconic 

Exactly the blueprint. Laurie Strode is essentially the Cher, Madonna, Kylie Minogue of final girls in the horror genre.

45 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

I don’t really want that to happen but this is a franchise that will be rebooted time and time again and with every reboot I feel like Sidney will be brought back as a marketing tactic like Laurie strode. 

Except unlike Jamie Lee, Neve won't come back. She's not gonna be playing Sidney her whole life. Again I'd rather we get a whole new slasher and slasher film. Us horror fans and future generations deserve that. We can't keep relying and recycling the past. To bring anything tied to Sidney once again in another 10 years by now involving will be dragging it and beyond tired. Leave her alone at this point if they're really done with her in the franchise. 

30 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

not this personal attack when I've already packed my GF mask in my bag so I don't forget it :rip:

Um considering the US history with public violence i feel like showing up in a Ghostface costume should be checked her. Growing up in my neighborhood gang members used to wear the Ghostface mask when they committed crimes. A girl that was also bullied in my middle showed up one day with the mask on and a machete. So yeah 😆 

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Um considering the US history with public violence i feel like showing up in a Ghostface costume should be checked her. Growing up in my neighborhood gang members used to wear the Ghostface mask when they committed crimes. A girl that was also bullied in my middle showed up one day with the mask on and a machete. So yeah 😆 

I don't live in the US dear and no one has ever shot up a cinema here, I'm gonna live my S2 fantasy now that I have the original mask thank you v much :heart:

11 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

I don't live in the US dear and no one has ever shot up a cinema here, I'm gonna live my S2 fantasy now that I have the original mask thank you v much :heart:

Ok lucky for you that you live in a climate or space where you don't have to worry about your safety or the lives of others being in danger lol

3 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Ok lucky for you that you live in a climate or space where you don't have to worry about your safety or the lives of others being in danger lol

That's the second time you've quoted me now with baseless assumptions, americans, whew god.

Demi Lovato Beat This Bitch GIF - Demi Lovato Beat This Bitch Im About To  Beat - Discover & Share GIFs

I can bet my life I have more friends who've been murdered than you, just not by guns and not at the cinema because we have normal gun control and security measures.

56 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Ripley could easily be third place. I feel like in order to be top tier final girl you have to have a franchise attached to the characters so these girls make the cut easily.

How did she get lucky if she was targeted multiple times spanning decades and multi generations? To quote Jamie Lee "TRAHMA" Laurie being so cookie cutter and able to hold her own is what made her such an interesting. A girl that wouldn't hurt a fly forced to fend for her life, poetry. 

I mean it made sense to say in 5 considering it was a requel. Still makes sense to say it in 6 because it's also a new setting.

Laurie is literally Mother to all of the final girls

Definitely a nice twist having our final girl also be part slasher. Serving hybrid. Also before people keep coming at Melissa should see her In The Heights. She also is fantastic in another horror movie called Bed Rest which y'all should give a chance too. 

Women get no respect. Especially when Sidney and Laurie are THOSE GIRLS.

The only Halloween films that matter is 1, 2, 4, 5, H20 and H18. The first Rob Zombie one I'm okay with on a good day. But Laurie was at her best in 1, H20 and H18. Laurie in H1 is in no way bland. In fact one could argue her being so ordinary is what made her so extraordinary. The fact that the girl next door that was essentially designed as a puritan was able to survive fighting the essence of pure evil would start a legacy for her character in the genre.

Exactly the blueprint. Laurie Strode is essentially the Cher, Madonna, Kylie Minogue of final girls in the horror genre.

Except unlike Jamie Lee, Neve won't come back. She's not gonna be playing Sidney her whole life. Again I'd rather we get a whole new slasher and slasher film. Us horror fans and future generations deserve that. We can't keep relying and recycling the past. To bring anything tied to Sidney once again in another 10 years by now involving will be dragging it and beyond tired. Leave her alone at this point if they're really done with her in the franchise. 

There have been times where Jamie lee wouldn’t come back too. These are their franchises and whether they like the movies or not it’s what they will always be most associated with and neither really get much meaningful work outside of their respective franchises so will come back every 10 or 20 years for another pay check.  

Can't believe there are only two days left. I am so excited. 

7 hours ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Yes 4DX actually made S5 an incredible experience, you might be able to find my other posts in this thread being weirdly ranty and obsessive with 4DX, my country is only showing 6 in 4DX for one day (Wednesday premiere day) and you best believe I made friends change their plans to MAKE IT WORK, wouldn't watch it any other way, it's like watching the movie on a kiddy rollercoaster that moves based on what's happening in the movie 

The cinema that I’m going to Cineworld has a RealD 3D with 4DX option, along with the normal 2D option too, does the 3D with 4DX option last until the movie goes out of the cinema? Cause it’s £20 for myself and my best friend to go and see Scream VI in 3D 4DX with the 3D glasses included.

Hayden was actually spotted at LAX yesterday flying out of California, so she probably is gonna be doing promo and stuff. She must be such a strong person to have dealt with the **** she has. 

45 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

The cinema that I’m going to Cineworld has a RealD 3D with 4DX option, along with the normal 2D option too, does the 3D with 4DX option last until the movie goes out of the cinema? Cause it’s £20 for myself and my best friend to go and see Scream VI in 3D 4DX with the 3D glasses included.

Honestly 4DX was an headache for me with the last movie. It didn’t warrant it at all and even for big blockbusters like Jurassic world which 4DX is designed for I feel like the gimmick gets old after like 10 minutes. It was torture sitting through Scream with it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.