Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

illusion will flop.. the f... ITS NOT CATCHY, NO MELODY.

Like giiiirl

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, shark_heather said:

What ? Are you living under a rock or what 🤣

I should've clarified. I've heard both singles. ******* love them! I've streamed them to death! Especially Training Season and I'm still not tired of them. I'm just not listening to them anymore, not until the album comes out. I'm not listening to Illusion either. I want to experience the album fully when it drops.

The alternate cover is so ugly I am so glad she doesn't listen to you f*** and does what she thinks is best :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The alternate cover is so ugly I am so glad she doesn't listen to you f*** and does what she thinks is best :deadbanana4:

It's giving Trollz/Chucky

People complaining about absolutely Dua has done this era is insufferable just because of the commercial underperformance.

Houdini is perfection, TS is beyond great and Illusion sounds terribly promising. Let's pray she grabs a hit so you stop the hate train

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Cain said:

It's giving Trollz/Chucky

Don't do legend Chucky like that he ate this up

No but for real, it's hard to make Dua ugly, I even thought her bleached eyebrow pic was hot in an unconventional way, but she looks grimy and unwashed in the alternate cover :rip: 

The alternative cover seems like it was meant to be the OG cover. It goes well with the singles artwork. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Supervillain said:

If anyone wants to use the cover:

This is her Born This Way confirmed :clap3::gaygacat9:

BornThisWay-DeluxeEdition.jpg

illusion sounds so good :jonny5:

I thank the lord that the album will not be just a Tame Impala production with Dua's voice.

Don't get me wrong, but for a pop girl it's not something that I like. At the end the production is having that little touch of Kevin Parker without losing the essence of Dua and I love it :jonnycat:

not us actually bullying her into giving an artwork cohesive to H/TS :rip: and it's worse than the OG

not feeling illusion snippet but i'm hopeful :/ 

love the illusion snippet but i wish she didn't release it before the album nnnn

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Supervillain said:

If anyone wants to use the cover:

This is what you do when people get annoying about the album cover. You serve another one that is much worse

3 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

The alternative cover seems like it was meant to be the OG cover. It goes well with the singles artwork. 

Seems like it but definitely wasn't meant to be the OG cover. The whole album shoot was done at once and it's pretty clear she brought in a literal shark on purpose for the cover. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This should've been the cover, and I fully stand by that

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Illusion" sounds… fine. I'm not going to judge based on a 30 second snippet but it'll probably be my least favorite so far. Hopefully she doesn't release anything other new songs until we get the album May 3rd. If she does, I will not be listening.

Alternative cover vinyl made it easy for me cause I was on a fence to cancel the "deluxe" webstore vinyl (I just didnt like the shade of blue didnt match the cover)

So I ordered the curacao transparent one plus the alternative cover one, I love how completely different they look. Will be nice addition to a collection

rodl.jpg

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

"deluxe" webstore vinyl (I just didnt like the shade of blue didnt match the cover)

Nnn same sis, it bothers me so much but I really want that booklet and signed insert :weeps:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Nnn same sis, it bothers me so much but I really want that booklet and signed insert :weeps:

Yeah I ordered only cause of booklet (but it has only 8 pages and 2 pages are lyrics, so Im afraid the rest will be the photos we already saw) and cause its gatefold, but with shipping it would cost me 60€

Curacao vinyl I ordered for 25€ in regular retailer and alternative cover cost me 42 Eur ... so like this I will have two vinyls, two different covers and inlayes for 67€ which I think is better deal that one which color I dont like for 60€ haha

Also Im afraid the gatefold photo will be something boring like this

GIpw-Nsk-XUAAk-Qbl.jpg

So at the end Im happy with the options, two different vinyls, two different esthetics

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Yeah I ordered only cause of booklet (but it has only 8 pages and 2 pages are lyrics, so Im afraid the rest will be the photos we already saw) and cause its gatefold, but with shipping it would cost me 60€

Curacao vinyl I ordered for 25€ in regular retailer and alternative cover cost me 42 Eur ... so like this I will have two vinyls, two different covers and inlayes for 67€ which I think is better deal that one which color I dont like for 60€ haha

Also Im afraid the gatefold photo will be something boring like this

GIpw-Nsk-XUAAk-Qbl.jpg

So at the end Im happy with the options, two different vinyls, two different esthetics

Yeah I get you, if it wasn't for the items mentioned I would've also went with the curaçao version (which is the prettiest imo and fits the cover's colors best). I wish she went either with a splatter or either aquamarine/red for the deluxe because that half and half is so ugly :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

I thank the lord that the album will not be just a Tame Impala production with Dua's voice.

Don't get me wrong, but for a pop girl it's not something that I like. At the end the production is having that little touch of Kevin Parker without losing the essence of Dua and I love it :jonnycat:

See if anything I wish it was more Tame Impala sounding. I'm by no means jumping on the hate train because I love everything we've gotten so far but I would have no clue Kevin Parker worked on those songs just from hearing them. 

Edited by CroNich
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 3/18/2024 at 7:14 PM, Popboi. said:

That was in reverse order though, promo singles are very much obsolete in the current market too. Maximizing a debut by keeping as many songs under wraps before release is the best strategy right now.

Also both Houdini and Training Season are currently top 30 on Spotify, deviating attention from them further would only cause more harm.

On 3/18/2024 at 7:15 PM, mike_int said:

Even based on this she still has 3 weeks to release 3rd single cause album is out May 3rd and closest Friday to "month before album" is April 5th, even I personally would wait until 22nd or 29th of April

On 3/18/2024 at 6:44 PM, Popboi. said:

We shouldn't get another song until at least a week before the album, we just got Training Season

On 3/18/2024 at 6:42 PM, mike_int said:

Its been month since release of TS and since then we got Brit performance, album announcement, extended version, live version video and its still not enough?

Illusion is coming. Looks like I got my wish.

azealia-banks-breakfast-club.gif

10 hours ago, Nectarine said:

This should've been the cover, and I fully stand by that

spacer.png

This would make no sense with the album title and also it's not even a pretty shot or anything, it's very much giving magazine spread

I'm so glad that's not the cover

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.