Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

1 minute ago, Solaria said:

I really hope that after she comes back from holiday she breathes new life into the era. She can easily push 2 more singles, release some collabs and put out a deluxe next year. And we need more standalone performances.

Wait omg I love your signature! Should do a Dua for mine? We need to help Dua!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Solaria said:

I really hope that after she comes back from holiday she breathes new life into the era. She can easily push 2 more singles, release some collabs and put out a deluxe next year. And we need more standalone performances.

End of an Era and Whatcha Doing could've been singles. Whatcha Doing for summer single, These Walls for Autumn and End of an Era for spring. 

-

To be fair, this album hasn't been a dud. So many of my straight male colleagues are addicted to Houdini and Illusion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BadHabits said:

End of an Era and Whatcha Doing could've been singles. Whatcha Doing for summer single, These Walls for Autumn and End of an Era for spring. 

-

To be fair, this album hasn't been a dud. So many of my straight male colleagues are addicted to Houdini and Illusion. 

These Walls clearly is a song that they need to push. I say one more song of the standard. Then one more single from the deluxe and then droplets or a break to gold us over. She cannot afford to wait another 4 years. Come back with a vengeance in 2026. Also hear me out but HAPPY FOR YOU can easily be her signature ballad if pushed and performed like crazy. It could be her COOL

we were all so happy the day illusion came out. it's so sad how the album was released and everything was ruined

3 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

These Walls clearly is a song that they need to push. I say one more song of the standard. Then one more single from the deluxe and then droplets or a break to gold us over. She cannot afford to wait another 4 years. Come back with a vengeance in 2026. Also hear me out but HAPPY FOR YOU can easily be her signature ballad if pushed and performed like crazy. It could be her COOL

Happy For You as a Christmas single? These Walls as an Autumn single. 

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, BadHabits said:

:khalyan:

Christmas single? That's the most summery song of the album. Should've been pushed as a single a long time ago

The era is really DOA. No need to push anything at this point. She should stay low for a bit & surprise release a new album next year :cm: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BadHabits said:

They won't release more singles. Give it up :suburban:

• Haha 1

Yeah this era is done, I really hope they don't try to push for a deluxe.

I wonder if we're getting a full tour? No whispers or dates or rehearsals tells me no lol. They're probably just going to quickly move on from this I guess, which is smart.

• Like 4

We could've gotten Whatcha Doing with a beautiful perfume ad like video

MAgbPZo.gif

So we won't get a new single, Tour dates, vmas or a Deluxe

Is like she forgot this era exist afer release week :noparty:  I dont consider the era a flop but it could had been bigger

She literally just needs to release These Walls as a single with a video, it is a classic Dua sound that everyone loves.

• Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

The era is really DOA. No need to push anything at this point. She should stay low for a bit & surprise release a new album next year :cm: 

The problem with her is that she needs lots of time to come up with an album concept and then record tons of songs. If she does everything as usual we will have to wait until 2026 at the earliest. If there are no hits in between she will be completely over by that point LOL.

She needs to hire writing camps so the album process can be sped up. Also let's be honest her lyricism has become stale and dull. She is just too stable, happy and well-rounded for anything interesting lyrically to come out. We don't need another Radically Dull era. 

she needs to be working on DL4 like yesterday and have it out end of 2025 / early 2026 otherwise whatever she releases after will have to be promoted almost like a "return to form" / comeback because if the gap is too huge she will absolutely start to lose name recognition status in the US kinda like what happened to Nelly Furtado between her debut album and 2006's Loose. Her 2003 album Folklore flopped and burned all the major traction she had built with her 2000 debut called "Whoa Nelly!" and so she had to really rebuild and reinvent for her third album to be a hit and marketted it as a big comeback which it ultimately was. Dua will have to do that too if she keeps waiting to move onto the new era

9 hours ago, West Coast said:

RIP Radical Optimism

2023-2024

MAgbPZo.gif

More like May 2024- May 2024

MAgbPZo.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Imagine Dragon said:

She literally just needs to release These Walls as a single with a video, it is a classic Dua sound that everyone loves.

That's literally the issue with all of her songs though. They have a classic Dua sound. Any song on Radical Optimism could've been on FN and I think people are ready for something different. She doesn't need to re-invent the wheel but let's at least change the tires. 

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Yeah this era is done, I really hope they don't try to push for a deluxe.

I wonder if we're getting a full tour? No whispers or dates or rehearsals tells me no lol. They're probably just going to quickly move on from this I guess, which is smart.

I am conflicted regarding the tour. Is the lack of dates coz Duki was too lazy/bad to organize all the tour dates at once or is it coz of how the era performed?

IMO it's not clear at all. 

Also these absolute awful takes about what her next single should be. Are some of yall working at her current team by any chance? :suburban:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, katara said:

Also let's be honest her lyricism has become stale and dull. We don't need another Radically Dull era

I mean, did you all expect the songs inspired by that Hadid sibling to be anything other than that 

MIc7wn0.thumb.gif.09b51e3f687ed1c1a148db

Yea lyrically the album was never bad / cringey, but almost never great. Like a solid 3/5 throughout. Idc about lyrics from Dua, buuuut it gets dry when almost every song is about the same thing. She gotta spice it up. Don't go woke, but my god - she's so worldly and has such a rich, vibrant life.. surely that has to rub off on her creatively somehow? :deadbanana2:

I thought she filmed a MV back in June. What happened with that?

7 minutes ago, POPTART said:

I thought she filmed a MV back in June. What happened with that?

deaf-sign-for-abortion.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Binxstan said:

That's literally the issue with all of her songs though. They have a classic Dua sound. Any song on Radical Optimism could've been on FN and I think people are ready for something different. She doesn't need to re-invent the wheel but let's at least change the tires. 

Only song from RO which could possibly fit musically to FN is Whatcha Doin

This made up narrative that Dua songs sound the same is ridiculous. She released 3 albums and all 3 have different style of songs. 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.