Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

If radio programmers are tacking to early playlisting on These Walls … you all know you can downvote me how much you want but Dad Lipa is so going to be pushing that for the Fall :eli: 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

These Walls is a great song and has the potential to smash but I thought Love Again would smash too so I don't know

are we sure she's pushing These Walls as the next single world wide or just in France?

This was my most played album this month :deadbanana4: It really HITS by the beach :jonny5:

How do you release a vacanza album and then don't even bother to promote it/release a new single/videos during the summer outside of those quick lil shows that had more pre-RO songs. :toofunny2: Like if you are gonna spend the entire summer spamming us with Vacanza Queen photo dumps, then you could have played into it from the start and capitalized on the memes instead of the whole ~dark~ aesthetic from November-February. The branding is really the most frustrating part about this campaign and it will forever bug me. 

Her daddy needs to steal the Vertigo theories for the reissue and she'll send Sabrina back to the khia club.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

Honestly, there's no need to promote this misstep in her career any further. Let's move on to DL4 already :michael:

It's literally thee tour for the album. Yall are doing the absolute most. Me suggesting that she adds 2 more songs from the same said album shouldn't be causing this much of a commotion 

1 hour ago, katara said:

Girl I was at her recent concert in Croatia and the album tracks Happy For You and These Walls were mood killers. People were like wtf are those.

People go to concerts to listen to songs they recognize and not some dull flops no one knows.

You speak for everyone? Sounds like a Croatia problem. The whole point of performing them is to promote them. Happy For You is a gorgeous song. And tours are meant to showcase the album that they're promoting like what's not clicking lol

1 hour ago, katara said:

Exactly. They seem to be hellbent to repeat every step of FN though but I wish them an ounce of luck trying to resurrect RO and keep it going for 2 years though :lmao:

The only way to keep this era going is tack new smashes/collabs to it.

An insider said that she has another Calvin collab whether that drops or not remains to be seen but I say drop a new single with the deluxe and come back in 2026 and give us dj droplets to hold us over

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

It's literally thee tour for the album. Yall are doing the absolute most. Me suggesting that she adds 2 more songs from the same said album shouldn't be causing this much of a commotion 

You speak for everyone? Sounds like a Croatia problem. The whole point of performing them is to promote them. Happy For You is a gorgeous song. And tours are meant to showcase the album that they're promoting like what's not clicking lol

An insider said that she has another Calvin collab whether that drops or not remains to be seen but I say drop a new single with the deluxe and come back in 2026 and give us dj droplets to hold us over

Two! But both FN era, so won't be released probs. 

• Confused 1

Also, no shade but HOLLERING at Dua's underwater shots looking so professional, gorgeous and graceful .... then comparing to Camila's :bibliahh:

Edited by ahauntingnearu
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, katara said:

Girl I was at her recent concert in Croatia and the album tracks Happy For You and These Walls were mood killers. People were like wtf are those.

People go to concerts to listen to songs they recognize and not some dull flops no one knows.

Well that was bound to happen, unlike the popular gp belief RO is nothing like FN, most of the album tracks were mid tempo tracks. Idk what she was thinking while making this album and actually performing it alongside FN, their vibes do not match at all…

12 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Also, no shade but HOLLERING at Dua's underwater shots looking so professional, gorgeous and graceful .... then comparing to Camila's :bibliahh:

Idk if These Walls on the radio in France is indicative of anything, I'm pretty sure I heard Happy For You while I was staying in Germany this summer so there's also that (not 100% sure it was the radio since I was at an hotel and it could've been some Spotify playlist, but dunno)

• Like 1

Damn, I LIVE for my company absolutely SMASHING Dua Lipa's tastefull hits all over our 3 hours new releases presentation for 1k people

The opened up and also closed with this remix and everybody was dancing and singing along. Oh, Love Again, the gp smash and classic you are!

And ofc, during the Loveshine YSL Lipstick they absolutely smashed Houdini down our throats and called it an infecious song :jonnycat:

I do sometimes love my company :jonnycat: The taste!

Edited by tjspy

8 hours ago, tjspy said:

Damn, I LIVE for my company absolutely SMASHING Dua Lipa's tastefull hits all over our 3 hours new releases presentation for 1k people

The opened up and also closed with this remix and everybody was dancing and singing along. Oh, Love Again, the gp smash and classic you are!

And ofc, during the Loveshine YSL Lipstick they absolutely smashed Houdini down our throats and called it an infecious song :jonnycat:

I do sometimes love my company :jonnycat: The taste!

Tell them to drop this bop cuz it has been stuck in my head since 2022. One of only 2 good songs Danny L Harle produced for Dua honestly (alongside Happy For You) :clap3:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

Tell them to drop this bop cuz it has been stuck in my head since 2022. One of only 2 good songs Danny L Harle produced for Dua honestly (alongside Happy For You) :clap3:

Oh that classic. Sad it didn't see the light yet :biblionny:

It's September and Illusion has been the current single since April. So what now? :suburban:

20 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

@BlackoutZone Bestie, any tea if YSL is planning on releasing this cover on CD / Vinyl in the future, like they did with Dua's cover of I'm Free? :allears:
I would purchase in an instant :jonny5:

Edited by TayDuaStan

2 hours ago, katara said:

It's September and Illusion has been the current single since April. So what now? :suburban:

In Europe we are seeing signs that These Walls is also the current single

:suburban:

Edited by tjspy

She does not need to move onto DL4. "These Walls" is a safe single choice, but it'll buy her time. The album still has other options that could benefit from a remix more than "These Walls" would. 

With a better re-issue than FN had I think this rollout can be saved, especially with the earlier "Super Nature" sessions. I think she's just planning her next steps carefully.

1 hour ago, tjspy said:

In Europe we are seeing signs that These Walls is also the current single

Are those signs not charting anywhwre in the top 1000?

4 hours ago, katara said:

Another vacation for miss dulapeep, i guess :ryan3:

1 hour ago, katara said:

Are those signs not charting anywhwre in the top 1000?

They charted in my country top100 radio 

Stadium shows in Latinamerica 99% confirmed, oh I need to update this gif so bad :giraffe:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Stadium shows in Latinamerica 99% confirmed, oh I need to update this gif so bad :giraffe:

That 1% is her lazy *ss keeping the tour dates to herself.

BTW.

I think the album flow much better in this order

1.  END OF AN ERA

2. THESE WALLS

3. ILLUSION

4. FALLING FOREVER

5. HOUDINI

6. TRAINING SEASON

7. WHATCHA DOING

8. MARIA

9. FRENCH EXIT

10. ANYTHING FOR LOVE

11. HAPPY FOR YOU

Dua_Lipa_-_Radical_Optimism.png

• Thanks 1

She should release a new mix of These Walls, just rerecord some new adlips for the last chorus with a slightly elevated production and push it as a single should be pushed. Decent playlisting and radio play from payola and some interviews, then when it's picking up perform it on some night shows. Also please a good video on a colorful set.

I really hope that after she comes back from holiday she breathes new life into the era. She can easily push 2 more singles, release some collabs and put out a deluxe next year. And we need more standalone performances.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.