Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

19 hours ago, Solaria said:

I'm so obsessed with these versions like.... we need a live album kinda

Yeah, the three London Sessions were incredible. She should have done the entire album and released it.

I felt this mostly with Training Season. I prefer the Brits/London Sessions versions because the live instrumentation and her vocals shine better.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Yeah, the three London Sessions were incredible. She should have done the entire album and released it.

I felt this mostly with Training Season. I prefer the Brits/London Sessions versions because the live instrumentation and her vocals shine better.

The organ intro and the synths after the bridge >>> Training Season live is much better than the studio version

It's crazy how bad Training Season studio version is compared to live versions. Very tamed, monotonous, no build-up whereas the live version's intro sets a great tone. The song still had a lot of potential…..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't listen to the album anymore.

• Like 1

She's 29 already? It's so over  :noparty: :sadviolin:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hearing End Off An Era smashing on MediaMarkt. I can see the hit :heart::hippo:

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

I don't listen to the album anymore.

We all make mistakes ...

• Like 1

Let's not forget she spent 4 years not releasing an album. Last time she did she was 24 

:suburban:

• Thanks 1

Training season London session is really how the song should've been, exciting until the end and a huge post chorus, not that ugly outro

• Like 1

I guess we won't get a birthday tour announcement :noparty:

She's 1 year away from pop radio abandoning her :coffee2:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Screaming at Tate about to drop a full Timbaland inspired album in a 1-2 months. She saw us begging Dua to do it and said "you know what, lemme just steal that idea". I bet she gonna smash and slay. 

Where are the girlies who keep saying that it wouldn't work for Dua and no one wants that sound? :lmao:

Dua became lame and SLOW. I have a feeling they are gonna botch the re-issue (if there is any). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

They botched her whole career. She went from No 1 pop girlie to 'my mum likes her' in 6 months pfff

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The Apple song is performing similarly to Training Season on Spotify (around positions #20-#30), even though it went viral on TikTok and it was "BRAT summer" by the gays... 

but ATRL only calls one of them a flop and the other one of the biggest hits of the year lmao

:giraffe:

8 hours ago, yassskween said:

They botched her whole career. She went from No 1 pop girlie to 'my mum likes her' in 6 months pfff

She is still in the top 10 most streamed female artists of the year, she's not pulling a Doja, Meghan, Camila or Miley lmao

Where are the tour dates?

26 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

The Apple song is performing similarly to Training Season on Spotify (around positions #20-#30), even though it went viral on TikTok and it was "BRAT summer" by the gays... 

but ATRL only calls one of them a flop and the other one of the biggest hits of the year lmao

:giraffe:

To be fair, cultural impact does matter, if Dua had a better social media team I think we would be in a much different position right now. Brat summer is literally such a spit in the face though because Dua had the potential to take that for herself with a Radical Summer or something based on the album's sounds and aesthetics but instead we got the mess we did.

I don't know why they didn't try to make the Houdini dance challenge happen a little more.. so many mistakes were made. 

Australia need Tour dates 

Houdini x2 Platinum

Training Season Platinum

illusion - Gold 

Dance the Night - x4 Platinum 

Sabrina, Billie, Olivia, Charli outstreaming and outselling her is so embarrassing. She needs to get tf up and create a brand for herself, that FN hype won't last for long especially with so many new girlies getting hits now!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Sabrina, Billie, Olivia, Charli outstreaming and outselling her is so embarrassing. She needs to get tf up and create a brand for herself, that FN hype won't last for long especially with so many new girlies getting hits now!

That's the point. The scene is very favorable for pop girls right now. She could have easily matched FN with a fresh catchy sound.

Yet here we are LOL. Absolute silence.

Edited by katara

It's crazy that after all that success, she's still faceless. I think she lacks a defining identity trait. Sabrina has her hair and cute-girl next door that could kill you vibe, Billie has her emo clothes and green hair, Chapell has her drag. Dua has no identity outside of looking pretty now. In fact, her bored face and "go girl, give us nothing" was more of an identity trait than whatever she is now. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

It's crazy that after all that success, she's still faceless. I think she lacks a defining identity trait. Sabrina has her hair and cute-girl next door that could kill you vibe, Billie has her emo clothes and green hair, Chapell has her drag. Dua has no identity outside of looking pretty now. In fact, her bored face and "go girl, give us nothing" was more of an identity trait than whatever she is now. 

+ sabrina makes basic pop songs so it's not about the music but the aura/charisma/relatability.
Dua is too detached and polished she has nothing to sell expect generic lyrics. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

+ sabrina makes basic pop songs so it's not about the music but the aura/charisma/relatability.
Dua is too detached and polished she has nothing to sell expect generic lyrics. 

Exactly. It's not about the music. People just can't relate to Dua, cause no one know who she is as a person. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

LOL this post is actually so funny that it is sad.

For you identity is "hair" "clothes" "hair again" and "drag" ?

What identity Sabrina has? Cause she has 6 albums out and we dont know anything about her except her latest fake PR relationship with that ugly actor.

What do we know about Taylor except she likes to play victim and built her carreer on her failed relationships?

Dua´s identity is being Dua. She doesn't need to pretend she is somebody she is not, she doesn't have to create her identity on exploiting her personal life and beef with other singers.

If Dua was so faceless she wouldn't be so successful already with her 2nd album as she is.

You are so used to these American show pony fake personalities that someone who is actually willing to be who they are and protect their privacy is faceless to you.

Edited by mike_int
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, mike_int said:

LOL this post is actually so funny that it is sad.

For you identity is "hair" "clothes" "hair again" and "drag" ?

What identity Sabrina has? Cause she has 6 albums out and we dont know anything about her except her latest fake PR relationship with that ugly actor.

What do we know about Taylor except she likes to play victim and built her carreer on her failed relationships?

Dua´s identity is being Dua. She doesn't need to pretend she is somebody she is not, she doesn't have to create her identity on exploiting her personal life and beef with other singers.

This is not a drag sis. I wasn't shading Dua, so no need to be defensive. And when talking about an identity, I was talking about a visual identity, which she lacks. It's not that serious. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.