Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

18 hours ago, Invincibles said:

Serious question: is "End of an Era" the best album track in Dua's discography? I'm literally OBSESSED :jonny6:

not even top 30 i fear :eli: 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Target about an hour ago and they had the red ruby vinyl on clearance for $8.39. Did I buy it? Perhaps I did :giraffe:.

Houdini has left UK Spotify, now she has 0 songs charting there for the first time probably since Christmas

Why is she not pushing another single? Delusion came out over 4 months ago. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 5:25 AM, Invincibles said:

Serious question: is "End of an Era" the best album track in Dua's discography? I'm literally OBSESSED :jonny6:

it's SO GOOD :WAP: 

this could be the end of my career,

who knows maybe this could be forever

w89jzjT.gif

• Like 1

I was just remembering the way I was excited for the Houdini release, I have never been so excited for any release like I was for this one. It was the dance-track promise, it was the Danny L Harle production, it was the dark and magic theme, it was the official return after FN, like, everything was so iconic. From the first snippets, to the muffled beats on WhatsApp, to the aesthetics, to the leak

And the song turned out to be absolutely amazing. I was just merely sad that they barely used any magic/Houdini themed visuals on the video, but I was still very please with a strong dance video for a song like Houdini. I'd just like to see the keys, for instance, that they were teasing as a concept

• Like 1

I read on PJ that she apparently has 22 dates planned for North America next year with NYC on Sept 17th. That's.....over a year from now. :skull: I thought she would go there during winter/spring.

They have to be planning a big reissue to relaunch the era and breathe a new life into it. I would love an EP of 5-7 songs that gets tacked on the standard album. Preferably Houdini rehashes xx.

• Like 1

rising & Chrarting 15 weeks :clap3: that's something 

There are a lot of albums that can't even chart more than 5 weeks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Charting 15 weeks :clap3: that's something 

We've fallen off so hard

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

rising & Chrarting 15 weeks :clap3: that's something 

There are a lot of albums that can't even chart more than 5 weeks 

I'm surprised that the album rose this week, does anyone know why?

On 8/19/2024 at 2:46 PM, State of Grace. said:

I read on PJ that she apparently has 22 dates planned for North America next year with NYC on Sept 17th. That's.....over a year from now. :skull: I thought she would go there during winter/spring.

They have to be planning a big reissue to relaunch the era and breathe a new life into it. I would love an EP of 5-7 songs that gets tacked on the standard album. Preferably Houdini rehashes xx.

I would actually LOVE a RO Reissue omg someone get Dukagjin on the phone

• Like 1

As much as I really like RO tbh, if it's more outtakes of the main vibe of album (sans H and TS), I don't necessarily want it - esp since it'll do nothing for her. I really think she needs to use more H/TS esque outtakes, or outtakes from a totally different vibe pre-RO vibe. 

Just gotta be something that'll stick. Maybe a darker sister album ? Idk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

She needs a club record, Ibiza themed. Do what Katy tried to do with Lifetimes but x100 better :monkey: I don't know why she hasn't worked with RAYE. 

• Like 2

Also wtf is this :WAP: so fkn good. This would sound so well live, and would work so well with the damn black outfits she keeps wearing 

On 8/19/2024 at 5:04 AM, tjspy said:

I was just remembering the way I was excited for the Houdini release, I have never been so excited for any release like I was for this one. It was the dance-track promise, it was the Danny L Harle production, it was the dark and magic theme, it was the official return after FN, like, everything was so iconic. From the first snippets, to the muffled beats on WhatsApp, to the aesthetics, to the leak

And the song turned out to be absolutely amazing. I was just merely sad that they barely used any magic/Houdini themed visuals on the video, but I was still very please with a strong dance video for a song like Houdini. I'd just like to see the keys, for instance, that they were teasing as a concept

Yess! I was thinking the same! It definitely would have done well with a dark magical vibe. Smosh them together, dancing and dark magic vibes.

14 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

As much as I really like RO tbh, if it's more outtakes of the main vibe of album (sans H and TS), I don't necessarily want it - esp since it'll do nothing for her. I really think she needs to use more H/TS esque outtakes, or outtakes from a totally different vibe pre-RO vibe. 

They'd be completely braindead to serve us more of the dullness. The sad part is that I could see them do that :rip:

Edited by katara

If she's touring next year, she surely has to be doing an expansive reissue with new songs/collaborations. 

In the meantime, I'm surprised we haven't had a remix album. 

7 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

She needs a club record, Ibiza themed. Do what Katy tried to do with Lifetimes but x100 better :monkey: I don't know why she hasn't worked with RAYE. 

100%! Can't imagine Dua would go so beyond basic like Katy, so we have that at least. But clubby would be my ideal for her for sure

3 hours ago, katara said:

They'd be completely braindead to serve us more of the dullness. The sad part is that I could see them do that :rip:

They probs had the inevitable deluxe planned just like FN... They'd be crazy to proceed as planned though lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

100%! Can't imagine Dua would go so beyond basic like Katy, so we have that at least. But clubby would be my ideal for her for sure

They probs had the inevitable deluxe planned just like FN... They'd be crazy to proceed as planned though lol

But the deluxe did nothing for FN. It was all the OG tracks and collabs that carried.

Imagine if we get an awful deluxe on top for RO too. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Levitating is currently joining the 200+ weeks club at the Global 200 meanwhile Houdini also reached 40 weeks this week :clap3:

• Like 1

Another day another WhatsApp message begging us to buy her summer clothes. Another day where These Wallahs gathers dust. This is the best era to be a Love by FAR

w89jzjT.gif

On 8/19/2024 at 11:01 AM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Why is she not pushing another single? Delusion came out over 4 months ago. 

there are no songs left on this record to push. that is not to say there are no more good songs on the record, but the tracks are completely unmarketable in todays climate. if commercial success is important to her, which we know it is from her teams interviews with MusicWeek etc, she needs droplets

I'm so obsessed with these versions like.... we need a live album kinda

• Like 2

picked up my sister from college today and while Training Season was playing she said: "wait did Dua's album came out or did she drop this and Houdini and went on vacation?" :redface: when even your target audience doesnt even know your album came out is time to rethink things :redface:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

picked up my sister from college today and while Training Season was playing she said: "wait did Dua's album came out or did she drop this and Houdini and went on vacation?" :redface: when even your target audience doesnt even know your album came out is time to rethink things :redface:

wow-fascinating.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.