Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

9 hours ago, BlueBlue said:

People are saying oh release this release that from this album but sad truth is that the best thing she can do about this album to move on because if summer album left charts during summer this is not good for her. Sadly because I like this album and RO deserved much more

Before she worked with Kevin and still had TAP, DL3 was planned to be mainly produced by Ian. She must have some banger bops from those sessions she could release to beef up RO until DL4

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I think they gave up on the era and tbh it's probably a smart move. I don't think this was going to be worth the investment.

But! It's kind of ideal. A flop that makes no noise is great, she's not damaged goods. But her ass needs to get BACK in the studio and get something released in Q3 2025 ASAP. 

She still has random tour dates though, so she should either release These Walls or deluxe/another album.

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I think they gave up on the era and tbh it's probably a smart move. I don't think this was going to be worth the investment.

But! It's kind of ideal. A flop that makes no noise is great, she's not damaged goods. But her ass needs to get BACK in the studio and get something released in Q3 2025 ASAP. 

They can't 'move on' from this album and then do nothing until literally the end of next year :deadbanana4:

She needs a hit THIS year, release a stand alone song, a collab with someone hot or the lead of the deluxe, anything really. She can't do nothing

1 hour ago, Cain said:

They can't 'move on' from this album and then do nothing until literally the end of next year :deadbanana4:

She needs a hit THIS year, release a stand alone song, a collab with someone hot or the lead of the deluxe, anything really. She can't do nothing

Yeah exactly they are stuck with RO until the tour ends :rip:

The Bruno collab would have been perfect. Hopefully she is featured or something. 

She needs a hit from September to Dec and another one early next year.

The tour is just as mismanaged as the music and rollout was. This flop era will be dragged out until June next year when she should have been releasing DL4.

Yeah, I know it's Wembley but those 2 dates are random as hell. The album tanked and there is nothing to sustain the era for the next 10 months leading up to those dates.

Where is the deluxe? Like hello she needs hits. Kevin Parker shouldn't touch anything on the deluxe, he already ruined the parent album.

• Thanks 2

I can't believe her dad turned her into a Khia again.

If she was smart she'd do what Rihanna did. RO is her Rated R, her next album needs to be a Loud. Hits only.

Dukagjin you will pay for your crimes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, RiseAndShine said:

The tour is just as mismanaged as the music and rollout was. This flop era will be dragged out until June next year when she should have been releasing DL4.

Yeah, I know it's Wembley but those 2 dates are random as hell. The album tanked and there is nothing to sustain the era for the next 10 months leading up to those dates.

Where is the deluxe? Like hello she needs hits. Kevin Parker shouldn't touch anything on the deluxe, he already ruined the parent album.

The fact there's an Asian leg, Latam festivals and two UK dates so far :skull:

Like I know there's gonna be a whole tour (I guess, they planned it but who knows, maybe it's scrapped atp…) so why are only those random dates announced 

46 minutes ago, RiseAndShine said:

If she was smart she'd do what Rihanna did. RO is her Rated R, her next album needs to be a Loud. Hits only.

All of this. She has the capability to move past this and achieve another peak with the next one

1 hour ago, RiseAndShine said:

The thing is though that Rihanna was too edgy during Rated R and needed to be more safe with Loud while Dua has the opposite problem. 

RO is safe af already. She needs to spice it up and take some risks. If she keeps it safe and bland with another project she is gonna solidify her KP status of being OVER for good. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Like I know there's gonna be a whole tour (I guess, they planned it but who knows, maybe it's scrapped atp…) so why are only those random dates announced 

I still don't understand why the full tour wasn't announced after Glastonbury. That would have been the perfect jump off with the audience reach and critical acclaim she received. Smh, the less I say about their strategy the better.

19 minutes ago, katara said:

The thing is though that Rihanna was too edgy during Rated R and needed to be more safe with Loud while Dua has the opposite problem. 

You're right but I don't think Dua is afraid of changing it up. Houdini was a step in the right direction. All she needed to do was commit to that soundscape and this album would have been a complete 180.

The album tracks don't even match the sound or energy of the singles IMO. Something happened along the way to make her fall back into that safe pop bubble (which she did better on her 1st album anyway).

34 minutes ago, katara said:

RO is safe af already. She needs to spice it up and take some risks. If she keeps it safe and bland with another project she is gonna solidify her KP status of being OVER for good. 

:deadbanana2:

Dua and the sexy, confident songstress are nothing alike. For one, even during this flop era no one is referring to Dua as a joke - not in image or sound.

Katy wasn't just corny during her flop era, she was corny during her prime. Absolutely no one thinks that of Dua right now.

Her image has not taken a hit. She just needs the right songs (and to get rid of dookiegjin) and she can bounce back. 

But yeah the tour annoucement is a huge mess. I feel that is all on Dukagjin since he must have slept on securing the locations and dates :deadbanana2:

Honestly it's shocking to me that she hasn't released any DJ collab this era. 

• Haha 1

Laying low during the summer while Charlie, Chappell and Sabrina is definitely smart imo... But it certainly is reactionary and wasn't planned/strategic. Nor does it excuse or explain the other nonsensical decisions like the tour rollout (or lack thereof)

13 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Honestly it's shocking to me that she hasn't released any DJ collab this era. 

Like?

Maybe before it was the team/label forcing her and now that she has control we have to just get by with the dullness of RO alone :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Cain said:

Not even the Latam festivals are confirmed yet. The rollout is such a mess we should've had another single (or deluxe) by now, and a proper announcement of the world tour. Also why would she go on vacation in july and august when this album screams summer. I know the era couldn't do insane numbers but another single and tour dates would at least make the charts and numbers more decent

This era is such a disappointment. I love the music but that's it, everything else was a total mess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tost1 said:

This era is such a disappointment. I love the music but that's it, everything else was a total mess.

I love Houdini and Illusion and sometimes TS. That's it. :suburban:

• Haha 1

The way she shot a whole music video and announced that she did and Warner said "now hol on now I don't think so miss girl"

:suburban:

15 hours ago, imalinduh said:

Not even the Latam festivals are confirmed yet. The rollout is such a mess we should've had another single (or deluxe) by now, and a proper announcement of the world tour. Also why would she go on vacation in july and august when this album screams summer. I know the era couldn't do insane numbers but another single and tour dates would at least make the charts and numbers more decent

If I was probably worth pushing $100 million, I'd go on on holiday for all of July and August too😁

33 minutes ago, Cain said:

The way she shot a whole music video and announced that she did and Warner said "now hol on now I don't think so miss girl"

Warner said "no girlie let's release the 9th remix of 'Illusion' instead"

The way Delusion's streams collapsed LOL. It's doing ~500k and on par with IDGAF.

At least Houdini and TS are still doing 1,1M daily

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cain said:

Did she say it though? I forgot nnn. But I feel like the alleged Falling Forever MV with the horse on set was that commercial 

The way I am still obsessed with the album. The way I am not even the biggest fan of FF as single but since New Rules was the gear shift for debut and Don't Start Now was the start of FN, maybe releasing an Ian Kirkpatrick production can do the trick again, whether it is FF or a new song :gayalipacat3:

Look at what we had girlies. Was RO top 10 even for one week? :suburban:

• Haha 1

At least it's still charting decently pretty much everywhere after 4 months. It's better than I expected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.