Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

2 minutes ago, katara said:

Depends. She is gonna make them a lot of coins with the tour and brand deals. I mean that Porsche collab alone must mean millions...

Unless she has a 360 deal the label has nothing to do with her tour and brand deal income

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Unless she has a 360 deal the label has nothing to do with her tour and brand deal income

She must have one because we know the labels get scraps from streams :toofunny3:

I mean Warner wouldn't have invested that much just to get like 100k from Levitating's 3B streams :deadbanana2:

Edited by katara

56 minutes ago, katara said:

She must have one because we know the labels get scraps from streams :toofunny3:

I mean Warner wouldn't have invested that much just to get like 100k from Levitating's 3B streams :deadbanana2:

Average pay-per-stream rate $0.004 so for 3 billion streams its around 12 millions gross only for "Levitating"

"Future Nostalgia" has around 13 billions streams so that's around 52 millions gross

Think About It GIF by Identity

1 minute ago, mike_int said:

Average pay-per-stream rate $0.004 so for 3 billion streams its around 12 millions gross only for "Levitating"

"Future Nostalgia" has around 13 billions streams so that's around 52 millions gross

Think About It GIF by Identity

Ok but we have no idea how much of that reaches the label. Let's also not forget the MASSIVE 6 month push Warner invested in Levitating. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, katara said:

Ok but we have no idea how much of that reaches the label. Let's also not forget the MASSIVE 6 month push Warner invested in Levitating. 

Thats why I wrote "gross" :)

Also very article about streams and payment where "Levitating" is used as example is here:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/music-streaming-royalty-payments-explained-song-profits/

2 hours ago, _Fey said:

Month 5 of Illusion as the current single

spacer.png

Ngl it still bops hard after 5 months for me :gaycat2:

6 minutes ago, katara said:

Ngl it still bops hard after 5 months for me :gaycat2:

It is technically 4 moths now (release date April 11th)

I believe they will do "reset" of an era and restart it in fall (hopefully in September with VMA performance) and announce re-issue of the album before Xmas and then world tour

Edited by mike_int

2 hours ago, _Fey said:

spacer.png

Longevity, not every single has that!

mr-krabs-spongebob.gif

3 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

What happened in 2023, it's almost as if they made 2 completely different albums?! :gaycat6:

They should have kept more songs from the November 2022 sessions. Clearly there were on to something back then. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, halcyonday said:

I agree. Katy survived more than 2 albums :giraffe:

Ok? And Dua has a few things that Katy never had and never will have: industry & gp respect, morals. She has grammys and critical acclaim. She can always rebound. Katy has been the laughing stock of the industry & the gp for the past decade, and with the recent development, she further buried her let's say "career" into the mud :skull:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

it's already on clearance at Target for $8.39
GUuXYc7XIAAnRNb?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

it's already on clearance at Target for $8.39
GUuXYc7XIAAnRNb?format=jpg&name=large

Already? It should have been 2 months ago.

• Haha 2

"she shares that it's a psychedelic-pop-infused tribute to UK rave culture. It's heavily inspired by acts like Primal Scream and Massive Attack"

:suburban:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, katara said:

They should have kept more songs from the November 2022 sessions. Clearly there were on to something back then. 

I forgot about that disgusting picture with all the white on her tongue. That killed the era tbh.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, _Fey said:

Month 5 of this era being over

spacer.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

Ok? And Dua has a few things that Katy never had and never will have: industry & gp respect, morals. She has grammys and critical acclaim. She can always rebound. Katy has been the laughing stock of the industry & the gp for the past decade, and with the recent development, she further buried her let's say "career" into the mud :skull:

Miss Lipa is not rebounding in the states. She is done. 

ACR got Em*nem's ass and now his Houdini is only 7 spots above Dua's in UK

Time the ultimate truth teller incoming

mr-krabs-spongebob.gif

Edited by Popboi.

This album is a fine wine, I'm listening to it right now after a couple of weeks of no listens and I'm surprised at how it's held up. It's good, she just gave false expectations when she was describing it pre-release. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Miss Lipa is not rebounding in the states. She is done. 

Pls even Illusion debuted top 30 there on Spotify and not #198

9 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

ACR got Em*nem's ass and now his Houdini is only 7 spots above Dua's in UK

Time the ultimate truth teller incoming

mr-krabs-spongebob.gif

How's it even charting that high when it's about to leave Spotify top 200 there :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, katara said:

How's it even charting that high when it's about to leave Spotify top 200 there :toofunny3:

A huge amount of songs above are on ACR, Dua's isn't ever since the big boost on Glasto and somehow avoided it this week dddd

51 minutes ago, katara said:

Pls even Illusion debuted top 30 there on Spotify and not #198

It was no 1 on TTH. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

It was no 1 on TTH. 

Illusion also debuted with 105M playlist reach on Spotify! Her papa sure knows how to use a fat cheque. :clap3:

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

Illusion also debuted with 105M playlist reach on Spotify! Her papa sure knows how to use a fat cheque. :clap3:

Exactly haha. Lifetimes debuted with 30k and the gurls wonder why its DOA. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.