Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

1 hour ago, glitch said:

I hope they have a proper "comeback" plan for her next era. Ditch Daddy Lipa, sign with an actual management company, book lots of performances, sack Kevin, call up Oscar Holter, Cirkut, Jack Antonoff, A.G. Cook etc and serve some undeniable pop excellence.

More like this :cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy For You is the only Radical Optimism song I'm currently coming back to frequently. The rest is so flavorless, boring… Something happened during the RO sessions cuz this ain't the Dua i know, the one who released Genesis, One Kiss, Don't Start Now, Cool, and the hundreds of FN unreleased which are miles better than 90% of the album

• Like 1

Oh no no no no SG Lewis lashings here. He produced one of best things of this planet EP HEAT with Tove Lo and other amazing songs. I would be very happy if he would work with Dua

1 minute ago, TayDuaStan said:

Happy For You is the only Radical Optimism song I'm currently coming back to frequently. The rest is so flavorless, boring… Something happened during the RO sessions cuz this ain't the Dua i know, the one who released Genesis, One Kiss, Don't Start Now, Cool, and the hundreds of FN unreleased which are miles better than 90% of the album

I think she wanted to do something different this time too much. People were saying that dance the night is the most Dua Lipa song ever and she needs to do something else 

• Like 1

dua needs max martin for the next era and she needs to try to go back to more colourful aesthetic, not to be shady but she seems like she is having the same career trajectory as katy perry so she needs to hurry up and save her career before she became a khia like her 

1 minute ago, DawnAnti said:

dua needs max martin for the next era and she needs to try to go back to more colourful aesthetic, not to be shady but she seems like she is having the same career trajectory as katy perry so she needs to hurry up and save her career before she became a khia like her 

Dua's career is not like Katy's at all and that comparison is extremely tiring :deadbanana2: Dua has received much more praise and acclaim for her music than Katy has, her image isn't cringe or tryhard like Katy's, she has more Grammys, her name is attached to industry legends like Elton John, etc.

The only thing they have in common is both being pretty + both making pop music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solaria said:

Dua's career is not like Katy's at all and that comparison is extremely tiring :deadbanana2: Dua has received much more praise and acclaim for her music than Katy has, her image isn't cringe or tryhard like Katy's, she has more Grammys, her name is attached to industry legends like Elton John, etc.

The only thing they have in common is both being pretty + both making pop music.

I agree. Katy survived more than 2 albums :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, TayDuaStan said:

More like this :cm:

I hope Dua never works with Jack unless she needs a jingle for Service 95 :gayalipacat3:

Edited by J-esper

3 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

And now she can't chart for lifetimes 

Meanwhile, Dua is selling out multiple Wembley dates in her so called flop era. Ain't you tired of pretending to be a fan? :giraffe:  

• Thanks 2

Just now, State of Grace. said:

And now she can't chart for lifetimes 

Meanwhile, Dua is selling out multiple Wembley dates in her so called flop era. Ain't you tired of pretending to be a fan? :giraffe:  

You bring Katy into that, so of course I will comment on that. These Wembleys and Grammies aren't really helping her outstream Smile. Maybe one day! :giraffe:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

You bring Katy into that, so of course I will comment on that. These Wembleys and Grammies aren't really helping her outstream Smile. Maybe one day! :giraffe:

Houdini is bigger than anything on Smile. RO is bigger than Smile (an album that charted for 4 weeks on BB200 and barely charted WW), by miles.

Ms Perrished got lucky with HIH going viral and NRO being a moderate hit for her. The album itself a certified colossal bomb and 143 is coming to outbomb it. I'd be hiding in the thread if I were you.  :giraffe:

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Solaria said:

Having the same career trajectory in the way that they had huge hits in their first 2 projects and even in their 3rd but not as big as the first 2 projects 

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Houdini is bigger than anything on Smile. RO is bigger than Smile (an album that charted for 4 weeks on BB200 and barely charted WW), by miles.

Ms Perrished got lucky with HIH going viral and NRO being a moderate hit for her. The album itself a certified colossal bomb and 143 is coming to outbomb it. I'd be hiding in the thread if I were you.  :giraffe:

@ me when RO outstreams it with all that TTH payola and playlisting nnnn

Oh HIH the organic smasha you are *looking at Illusion standing in the corner after TTH residency for 2 months after leaving Spotify global 200* :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, DawnAnti said:

Having the same career trajectory in the way that they had huge hits in their first 2 projects and even in their 3rd but not as big as the first 2 projects 

Prism was bigger than OOTB is any possible way, I don't think they're similar at all. If anything Dua is going through her Witness/Smile era right now (meanwhile Katy's 3d era had her biggest smashes Roar and Dark Horse, SuperBowl, and a 260M grossing global tour) but without the media backlash cuz she's smart enough to stay on vacation instead of having public meltdowns. :giraffe:

Edited by halcyonday
  • Like 1

sawry but my fav NEEDS to ditch the eurovision-lite/UK radio playlist for dis next era coz...

Dua was never in a million years even close to Katy's success level at peak. That said, do I still receives acclaim, or at worst no negativity. She also hasn't made bad / goofy clown music that gets torn apart.

she just needs to come back with badass music, less cutesy than RO.

3 hours ago, glitch said:

I hope they have a proper "comeback" plan for her next era.

The next era is going to have even less budget :skull: they want to see those returns first and so far miss Lipa is going nothing to get herself a hit

2 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

Happy for You is truly gorgeous and it's hooked me into revisiting the album as a whole. RO has a clear direction, it's just kind of … flat. Illusion feels like the centerpiece, and I do like that song, but it's lacking oomph and a legit climax. She should've leaned more into the euro beach club vibe and done a concept album of partying in Ibiza in a 24 hour period or something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

Why are you even still in this thread if all you do is *****? You and TayDuaStan can only complain about her not working with Koz, Ian and Sarah. We are not getting another Future Nostalgia :toofunny3:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cain said:

The next era is going to have even less budget :skull: they want to see those returns first and so far miss Lipa is going nothing to get herself a hit

Yeah, and her A&R also doesn't have leverage anymore like they did with Future Nostalgia. Joe was able to clear the budget for Ian, Caroline & Emily to write another hit like New Rules. I'd imagine Warner would be more hesitant to give her more budget this time around.

What happened in 2023, it's almost as if they made 2 completely different albums?! :gaycat6:

Illusion the hit that you are!

• Haha 1

It's not like they spent a lot on this era tbh? Sure they booked the producers/songwriters. But outside of the aborted TS video which apparently was huge, the visuals from the MVs to the photoshoots are very low budget. This is not what I expected a follow up to FN to look like nnn. The marketing was also ****. They didn't even book many events/performances.

I don't think budget will be a problem for her. She remains one of Warner's biggest and most relevant artists with Gen Z in 2024. She'll also be making a lot of coins from her summer shows and the incoming tour. There will definitely a lot of meetings and roundtables about the next era though. Hopefully her Daddy gets less control. :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Depends. She is gonna make them a lot of coins with the tour and brand deals. I mean that Porsche collab alone must mean millions...

• Like 1

She def needs KOZ back. He does magic to her stuff. I was shook when I heard the Physical demo before he re-worked it. He turned it from a 7/10 to a 11/10

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.