Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

was a 4th single released for this? 

i still see this album in the Spotify top 50 which is kind of wild considered it was deemed a flop.

• Like 1

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Very well said, SOGgy :clap3:

I really wonder what the deluxe treatment will be... They'll surely release one to revitalize the era, but will it be originally planned outtakes? RO Outtakes but Repurposed to fit the "psychedelic" vibe? Or Newly recorded tracks altogether? 

There's no way they'll bother releasing more flop-RO-sounding songs, so I think it'll either be more hit-intended stuff, or more psychedelic stuff -- if they paid attention to what fans liked vs. Didn't. I really do think it depends on how intently they listened to the album reception

FN's deluxe was kinda a grabbag of some FN-esque songs, some sonically different songs that they just seemed to love... and then rancid NMP.

If they are really listening to the fans and watching the GP reactions, they'd give us more Houdinis and lean more towards the psychedelia. I don't see how some summer-esque songs would save this campaign. 

They really need to move on from Illusions though. 4 months and they are still dropping remixes (the Honey Dijon one was cute!). Let it rest. But I fear it will be crickets until the live shows resume.    

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

If they are really listening to the fans and watching the GP reactions, they'd give us more Houdinis and lean more towards the psychedelia. I don't see how some summer-esque songs would save this campaign. 

They really need to move on from Illusions though. 4 months and they are still dropping remixes (the Honey Dijon one was cute!). Let it rest. But I fear it will be crickets until the live shows resume.    

Correct again 

Just give us the sessions from H/TS time -- plz and ty. No hits but great for the gays

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

was a 4th single released for this? 

i still see this album in the Spotify top 50 which is kind of wild considered it was deemed a flop.

No. At least not yet.

6 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Very well said, SOGgy :clap3:

I really wonder what the deluxe treatment will be... They'll surely release one to revitalize the era, but will it be originally planned outtakes? RO Outtakes but Repurposed to fit the "psychedelic" vibe? Or Newly recorded tracks altogether? 

There's no way they'll bother releasing more flop-RO-sounding songs, so I think it'll either be more hit-intended stuff, or more psychedelic stuff -- if they paid attention to what fans liked vs. Didn't. I really do think it depends on how intently they listened to the album reception

FN's deluxe was kinda a grabbag of some FN-esque songs, some sonically different songs that they just seemed to love... and then rancid NMP.

FN's deluxe was a very lazy attempt at a deluxe/side b : so many really good songs from those sessions (borderline , when you're sober, firesarter, pretend I don't exist , who do you love , crocodile tears....) that got wasted in favor of a few mid songs like NMP , TKOW & we're good (the latter wasn't even cohesive with the sound).

Fever was the best of the re-release and it didn't even got a proper push outside France.

they better learn from that underwhelming experience the fn moonlight edition was 

Just release These Walls as a single and move to DL4 with better pop songs

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cain said:

You guys are still here?

I have been absent from this thread, I'm dropping this era till she releases a 4th single

23 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Yall need to let the "mid/late-00s Nelly Furtado'd and Timbaland/Danja'd productions" theories and wishes die tbh. They were already too much with DL3 and we don't need to go through it again for DL4. :skull: Dua doesn't need to pander to the US audiences. Future Nostalgia wasn't necessarily what the US likes but she was one of the artists that led the disco/80s synthpop revival.

She just needs to make something stronger that would click with people outside of her core listeners. She's not in a terrible position and she's still able to sellout live shows in minutes. The "flop" went unnoticed because the album isn't offensively bad and she doesn't have any controversies/bad press. As long as she doesn't wait another 4 years to drop an album, she'll be more than fine.

Also, I'm too lazy to find the exact quote, but I remember some reliable user  on Popjustice last year saying that Warner wasn't quite satisfied with the "psychedelic" tracks from RO. I wonder if they were referring to Houdini/Training Season lol. Those Nov 2022 sessions were truly fire huh? What she needed to do is go harder with the psychedelics if anything. The album is still pretty much on repeat for me, but those two really stick out compared to the rest. And no, the producers aren't the ones to blame because it was her own vision. The other songs are immaculately produced too.

There is a vast difference between the songs she wrote in 2022 vs 2023. It's almost as if someone intervened and said 'no we need it to sound different than that'. The songs from the 2023 sessions could have been a whole seperate album honestly.

• Like 1

This thread being on the 3rd page I fjdkdkdkdm

Not her finally texting again.....to announce new merch. ***** get in a studio. Announce some damn dates. (I will be purchasing the merch) but I hate her sfm.

The fans waiting for her to do something to promote the album and she releases a ******* bikini.

Over It No GIF by YoungerTV

Just saw this and… we kinda won, i guess, cuz her label won't let her not have an album charting so DL4 is gonna come way way sooner… and Danny L Harle & Kevin Parker will not be involved in that, that's for certain Doja Cat GIF by Billboard Music Awards

• Like 1

It was a sunny day and End of an Era automatically started playing in my brain.

She was DEEP in her 2001 Kylie bag on this one, with just a hint of post-Lovefool 90's britpop.

*Yes, britpop. Sis may have lied about the rave, but she was a verified truth teller on that one*

Truly the greatest thing to come out of this era and will age like fine wine, I can tell

MEGAN.thumb.gif.6fcceda930968b9b21febd48

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Truly the greatest thing to come out of this era and will age like fine wine, I can tell

Spelled Happy For You wrong cuz there's no way you'll genuinely enjoy the worst song on the album, by a mile :suburban:

11 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

She was DEEP in her 2001 Kylie bag on this one, with just a hint of post-Lovefool 90's britpop.

*Yes, britpop. Sis may have lied about the rave, but she was a verified truth teller on that one*

End of an era has absolutely nothing to do with Kylie or her sound, it's very Moloko. Literally copy paste production from The Time Is Now/Familiar Feeling.

Deepest effect always comes from a cause

I'm better off from the ones that I've lost

Now he is everything I'd ever want

I wanna thank you for all that you've done

spacer.png

I think for DL$ Dua needs to develop a bit of an alter ego. She's too humble and sweet and kind sometimes that its almost smudging her cool factor a bit imo. IF she develops a alter ego for an era like how many artists have in the past and the most recent example being Charli's BRAT then she could get away with being extra cunty and stuff and it would work imo. We need that cool & mysterious factor back in full display.

• Like 1

Dua needs to stop thinking she's Bey or Tay and actually promote, she was so on top of everything with the FN era but then she dropped TAP, hired her dumb father, and got lazy :emofish:

I love the good sis but she really needs to step it up for DL4 and pull all the promo stops again like she did with FN :celestial5:

She also NEEDS to and MUST perform at the VMA's either with a 4th single (Falling Forever) or a new song from the rumored Deluxe

• Like 3

On 8/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, State of Grace. said:

Yall need to let the "mid/late-00s Nelly Furtado'd and Timbaland/Danja'd productions" theories and wishes die tbh. They were already too much with DL3 and we don't need to go through it again for DL4. :skull: Dua doesn't need to pander to the US audiences. Future Nostalgia wasn't necessarily what the US likes but she was one of the artists that led the disco/80s synthpop revival.

She just needs to make something stronger that would click with people outside of her core listeners. She's not in a terrible position and she's still able to sellout live shows in minutes. The "flop" went unnoticed because the album isn't offensively bad and she doesn't have any controversies/bad press. As long as she doesn't wait another 4 years to drop an album, she'll be more than fine.

Also, I'm too lazy to find the exact quote, but I remember some reliable user  on Popjustice last year saying that Warner wasn't quite satisfied with the "psychedelic" tracks from RO. I wonder if they were referring to Houdini/Training Season lol. Those Nov 2022 sessions were truly fire huh? What she needed to do is go harder with the psychedelics if anything. The album is still pretty much on repeat for me, but those two really stick out compared to the rest. And no, the producers aren't the ones to blame because it was her own vision. The other songs are immaculately produced too.

Idc I still think she could pull off a Loose/GGGB/Blackout type of record if she really puts her mind to it and works with the right producers (that means NO MORE KEVIN FLOPKER or Tame Impala) She needs to totally switch it up for DL4 and come back with a more US-centric sound, idc if that means she's "pandering". If she brings quality with it and actually promotes I could see it being on par with the FN era. Songs like Greedy and a lot of songs on BRAT are what she should be serving. As much as I love RO it really lacks a punch that a lot of other pop smashes have nowadays. Dua was actually making trends with FN back in 2019-2020 and she needs to get back to making trends, no more of the formula she had with RO which didn't work at all outside of Houdini (which could've been even bigger had they waited till January when DTN was finally losing steam)

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

I think for DL$ Dua needs to develop a bit of an alter ego. She's too humble and sweet and kind sometimes that its almost smudging her cool factor a bit imo. IF she develops a alter ego for an era like how many artists have in the past and the most recent example being Charli's BRAT then she could get away with being extra cunty and stuff and it would work imo. We need that cool & mysterious factor back in full display.

Exactly, enough playing it safe with her imagery, sound, and attitude. She really had the cool and IT factor down in the FN era, but she played it too safe with RO. I could totally see her pulling off a BRAT-like persona which could really work in her favor. She clearly still has the public on her side so if she just sweeps the RO era under the rug and forget it exists (Like Gaga did with the ARTPOP era) then she could be fully back in the good graces of the GP and gain back that cool IT girl energy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Can we talk about how Radical Optimism era videos are kind of doing numbers at Youtube

To being numbers are bad overall but RO videos are doing better compared to other hit eras like Taylor, Ariana, Sabrina, Olivia, Billie, SZA recent albums

150.3 Million views

44.1 million views  

This is great considering how the video has no replay value :eek: 

40.4 Million Views

Other TY videos getting great views

- Houdini (London Sessions) = 13.2 million views

- Training Season (London Sessions) = 8.2 million views

- Grammy Perfomance =  8.6 million views  + 5.4 million views = 14 million views combined

- Training Season Lyric video = 6.1 million :eek: I was like when this happen :dies: 

Notice how her live perfromances go viral....& still she refuse to do  promo this ear :rip: 

Even this RO tour vide getting 600k views.... people loves her perfomances

Yeah debuting a killer lead of the re-release on the Vmas on September 10th would be ideal.

Watch them do nothing though. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.