Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Just remembered Future Nostalgia was almost gonna be named ''Glass House''..... thank god we dodged that bullet

:suburban:

• Haha 1

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Houdini, TS, Falling Forever, Whatcha Doing and Happy for you were on a different album (Chaos Theory or sum ****) with 6 more club ravey psychedelic songs.

Radical Optimism should've had rest of the song with more dream, mid-tempo pop sound, something similar to Endless Summer vacation or Harry's house. There's no way she should release an album with 11 songs after 4 years….

• Like 2

Her team are delusional if they think they can stretch the album campaign out for another year when the album is dead in the water. They had the opportunity for a reset after Glasto but didn't take it and now they're stuck with the RO branding for Wembley. I think it would be a bad idea to try and tour in the US this era. If they were smart they'd try for another soundtrack smash like DTN while she regroups and writes more material but nothing this era has given me faith they have the right instincts

41 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

Her team are delusional if they think they can stretch the album campaign out for another year when the album is dead in the water. They had the opportunity for a reset after Glasto but didn't take it and now they're stuck with the RO branding for Wembley. I think it would be a bad idea to try and tour in the US this era. If they were smart they'd try for another soundtrack smash like DTN while she regroups and writes more material but nothing this era has given me faith they have the right instincts

I'd say the next thing is Even More Radical Optimism, rerelease the album, with another 11 new songs, new smash, big feature and hope that will help them extend the era. I wonder if Wembley is a climax of the new tour or stand alone shows. 

I wouldn't advise her to skip US with this tour, the danger there is that if she does, with the next one, unless she has a hit, they will forget and move on. She needs a very good show to leave people wanting more next time. Rerelease the album with few massive hits included and hope it'll be a rebirth to this radical optimistic wave.

• Like 1

:party: 

:noparty: 

at least she still charting at her 12th week a lot of females can even pass a 3rd week

We need a 4th single ASAP

Duki is time to promote leave Callum for a week! 

• Haha 1

I just want them to secure a Top 40 peak for Illusion, but even that isn't looking likely with Pop radio beginning to drop it.

A part of me thinks she should try a re-release and see if there's something that unexpectedly becomes a smash. If nothing STILL clicks, then it's time to completely regroup and move on. There's no way stretching out this album campaign would be beneficial, like at all. 

• Like 1

Yea idk what they **** they're doing / thinking...

• Haha 1

If we're talking about purely a numbers / commercial perspective than collabs are the only way she can still give herself the boost she deserves. But Dua seems hellbent on not following the blockbuster route she followed for FN, so I honestly doubt it's in the cards. There is not really a Levitating on Radical Optimism if we're being honest.

I'd say pushing a These Walls remix with Post Malone is her best bet tbh.

33 minutes ago, Solaria said:

If we're talking about purely a numbers / commercial perspective than collabs are the only way she can still give herself the boost she deserves. But Dua seems hellbent on not following the blockbuster route she followed for FN, so I honestly doubt it's in the cards. There is not really a Levitating on Radical Optimism if we're being honest.

Vommmmm

These walls deserved to smash 

:jonny2:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

not to mention how Dance The Night was still everywhere and she had at least 2 more months ahead of her promoting it and campaigning for it during awards season :deadbanana4:

In hindsight she really could have launched Houdini in late January and the album around now. I guess they sort of tried to center it around the Grammy performance? Well, it didn't work.

16 hours ago, Crank_It_Up said:

I just want them to secure a Top 40 peak for Illusion, but even that isn't looking likely with Pop radio beginning to drop it.

A part of me thinks she should try a re-release and see if there's something that unexpectedly becomes a smash. If nothing STILL clicks, then it's time to completely regroup and move on. There's no way stretching out this album campaign would be beneficial, like at all. 

She should just ditch it, frankly. Let this be her experiment album like Rated R or Try This and come back swinging in mid 2025.

• Like 3

She's doing everything we expected from Radical Optimism era, I wish we get Charli and Dua remix song too…

2 hours ago, collin said:

She should just ditch it, frankly. Let this be her experiment album like Rated R or Try This and come back swinging in mid 2025.

The hardly is any experimenting, that is the major problem with this record. She played it too safe. It's a great album and I feel like it mostly suffered from the bad communication of calling this psychedelic inspired or whatever. 

anyways Training Season remains as one of my fave tracks of the year 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, collin said:

Is the experiment album in the room with us?

If it was a bit experimental or on the edge it would be doing much better IMO. RO is Dua basically playing Ava cosplay of releasing the most faceless and safe stuff that sounds AI generated (except Houdini and TS). 

Edited by katara
  • Haha 2

She needs a collab with Billie about getting her Pu-C licked if she wants a smasha

Warner giving budget to a girl who can't even sell a 10k venue lmao, but whatever, it's obvious that the lack of promotion is more on Dua's side.

This era is a DISASTER :toofunny3:

Dua sis...wtf is going on?

Promotion will not save this era, the music just wasn't good enough. They have tried everything they can… huge festival slots, big award show performances, interviews, expensive music videos. All these things draw eye balls and show there's still interest in her, but they don't stay because the album just isn't that good. And I say that as a pre DL1 Stan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/30/2024 at 11:50 AM, storminthedark said:

They're slowing down, it's too evident at this point, there won't be another massive pop girl era for her, they're just gonna ride off her hits and maybe snatch few more in the long run, but the days when she was giving full MPG eras seem long over

Im rooting for Duas Dad spending some money at some noms at this year MT VMAS

GIF oprah - GIF animado en GIFER

We need her to ve nominated & perform this year! noms will drop any day 

Edited by Ivan_brit

9 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

She's doing everything we expected from Radical Optimism era, I wish we get Charli and Dua remix song too…

Dua would eat on Mean Girls tbh. 

15 hours ago, Solaria said:

Whatchu Doing featuring Doja Cat is RIGHT THERE and some of us have been saying this for weeks :doc:

Daddy Lipa if you're reading this, DO YOUR JOB, do that challenge :foxaylove3:

They really need to either pick up the pace and actually do something else with this era as in another single since Illusion has been over for a while now. Or just f*cking drop it already, this era has been so mishandled and mismanaged and I'm just tired of it. You know its bad when even us stans are over it now :emofish:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, katara said:

Is the experiment album in the room with us?

If it was a bit experimental or on the edge it would be doing much better IMO. RO is Dua basically playing Ava cosplay of releasing the most faceless and safe stuff that sounds AI generated (except Houdini and TS). 

That's a little bit too harsh... She played safe, yeah, but it doesn't automatically mean the album is bad. It's just not as exciting as we hoped it would be. Comparing her to Ava is a crime :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.