Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

The fact that These Walls hasn't been rushed out as the emergency easy AC radio hit single yet to revive this era.

I can't believe Illusion is still the current single over two months later. 

She better have something planned outside of all these tour dates. It really doesn't feel like a Dua era at all. Even I sometimes forget she even just released an album. I imagine the GP/locals are still thinking she's in between eras.

• Like 5

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

This Walls is the 5th single :gaycat: relax

17 hours ago, tjspy said:

RO:

#200 (-3) Cold Heart

:suburban:

Houdini's opening synths are career highlight

moo.png

I feel like Dua's team is leaning towards era's longevity still and is unbothered with all the chart positions and fan rants.

Imagine how she haven't emergency release These Walls considering its the highest streamed non-single and most radio friendly song? I am definitely sure Dua and her team isn't blind to notice the spotify streams and it being a fan-and a potential GP favorite.

I feel like the songs from the album will still have their proper time of release:

ex. Falling Forever (end of june or probably july after glasto)

5th Single: These Walls (feat an artist) around October (same month when Levitating Remix was released)

6th Single: New song from the deluxe album by January or Feb (same month as We're Good were released)

7th Single: Whatcha Doin (optional)

8th/Last Single: End Of an Era (Summer 2025), its title is perfect to literally "end the era" and this summery vibes song is probably reserved for next year's summer season.

These are just my thoughts. I am a believer that Dua trusts her project so much that she doesnt need to rush and shorten the entire album / era campaign just because its currently flopping or not charting well. But I have a strong feeling that somewhere in the middle of this era, one of her songs will really shoot up just like what happened to New Rules. 

Patience and trust is the key here.

just being radically optimistic. 😇

Let the long era of RO begin….

Edited by GAGALIPA
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GAGALIPA said:

I feel like Dua's team is leaning towards era's longevity still and is unbothered with all the chart positions and fan rants.

Imagine how she haven't emergency release These Walls considering its the highest streamed non-single and most radio friendly song? I am definitely sure Dua and her team isn't blind to notice the spotify streams and it being a fan-favorite more than GP favorite.

I feel like the songs from the album will still have their proper time of release:

5th Single: These Walls (feat an artist) around September or October (same when Levitating Remix was released)

6th Single: New song from the deluxe album by January or Feb (same as We're Good)

8th/Last Single: End Of an Era (Summer 2025), it's title is perfect to literally "end the era" and this summery vibes song is probably reserved for next year's summer season.

These are just my thoughts. I am a believer that Dua trusts her project so much that she doesnt need to rush and shortened the entire album / era campaign just because its currently flopping or not charting well. But I have a strong feeling that somewhere in the middle of this era, one of her songs will really shoot up just like what happened to New Rules. 

sweetie.... eye-

59 minutes ago, GAGALIPA said:

Imagine how she haven't emergency release These Walls considering its the highest streamed non-single and most radio friendly song? I am definitely sure Dua and her team isn't blind to notice the spotify streams and it being a fan-and a potential GP favorite.

5th Single: These Walls (feat an artist) around October (same month when Levitating Remix was released)

6th Single: New song from the deluxe album by January or Feb (same month as We're Good were released)

8th/Last Single: End Of an Era (Summer 2025), its title is perfect to literally "end the era" and this summery vibes song is probably reserved for next year's summer season.

These are just my thoughts. I am a believer that Dua trusts her project so much that she doesnt need to rush and shorten the entire album / era campaign just because its currently flopping or not charting well. But I have a strong feeling that somewhere in the middle of this era, one of her songs will really shoot up just like what happened to New Rules. 

I love Dua and I like Radical Optimism, but I feel like she'll Sweetener this era and we'll have another album out by 2025. 

• Like 7

Not that khia Gracie Abrams' latest album debuting with almost the same amount of streams as RO… And for those saying Dua's team is playing the longevity card… well FN just surpassed RO in daily streams and debut is coming to surpass as well… and let's not even talk about the Billboard 200 cuz it's currently performing 2 > 21 > 40 > 61 > 64 > 81. It will spend less weeks on the chart than the total amount of weeks FN had inside the Top 10

She needs to do something. Release a deluxe, a new album, a remix album, something…

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

Not that khia Gracie Abrams' latest album debuting with almost the same amount of streams as RO… And for those saying Dua's team is playing the longevity card… well FN just surpassed RO in daily streams and debut is coming to surpass as well… and let's not even talk about the Billboard 200 cuz it's currently performing 2 > 21 > 40 > 61 > 64 > 81. It will spend less weeks on the chart than the total amount of weeks FN had inside the Top 10

She needs to do something. Release a deluxe, a new album, a remix album, something…

She still will play the longevity game.

Deluxe will take place during EU and US tour.

12 minutes ago, GAGALIPA said:

She still will play the longevity game.

Deluxe will take place during EU and US tour.

So next year… :rip:

I'm so tired of her father copying the FN rollout. It worked for FN during the pandemic but now it has become extremely predictable, like every move they did this era. They need something unexpected, something to catch the casual listener's attention. The deluxe needs to come out this year, otherwise even with her Glasto set, RO is gonna continue to go down on the charts

And that deluxe better be a true side B, not only 2 new songs + her previously released collabs & DTN tacked on…. but let's be honest, Duki will do exactly that :suburban:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 1

Call it a flop era but Illusion is still on the billboard charts at 57 this week. It's still kicking around 

13 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

11 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

So next year… :rip:

I'm so tired of her father copying the FN rollout. It worked for FN during the pandemic but now it has become extremely predictable, like every move they did this era. They need something unexpected, something to catch the casual listener's attention. The deluxe needs to come out this year, otherwise even with her Glasto set, RO is gonna continue to go down on the charts

And that deluxe better be a true side B, not only 2 new songs + her previously released collabs & DTN tacked on…. but let's be honest, Duki will do exactly that

And once again ... same old story from you and some others and I once again have to ask.

If you don't like the album, if you don't like the roll out, if you don't like the era ... why do you come here literally almost every day complaining about it?

Nothing is gonna change.

Why dont you spend your time and energy on things you actually like?

• Thanks 1

If Warner had some common sense, they would push "Whatcha Doing" as the album's next single for the summer. With a great music video, a trendy rap feature (Or maybe a remix with The Weeknd) and a good radio deal. It would literally be the Levitating of this era and potentially save this album. 

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, GAGALIPA said:

Having a slow rollout =/= longevity, it's not longevity if there's a 7th RO single coming out in Jan 2025 if no one gives a **** about it

It's not longevity to have 5 flop singles in a row

It's not longevity if the album is irrelevant after a month 

It's not longevity if your previous 4 year old album is already outstreaming the one you released 6 weeks ago

Longevity my ass

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Having a slow rollout =/= longevity, it's not longevity if there's a 7th RO single coming out in Jan 2025 if no one gives a **** about it

It's not longevity to have 5 flop singles in a row

It's not longevity if the album is irrelevant after a month 

It's not longevity if your previous 4 year old album is already outstreaming the one you released 6 weeks ago

Longevity my ass

Someone's so much triggered with the term "longevity" 🫢🤣

I am still in SHOCK and complete disbelief that her team is moving along with making Fart Forever as the next single after two bombs and one ok performing single :skull: They REALLY want her to flop this era dont they :skull: We used to think the sabotage was from haters for her activism but I think the sabotage is calling from inside the house like I- :skull: 

Girl you got These Walls as a cute safe AC track and you got Watcha Doing Remix with a rapper as potential medium sized hits...nothing on here will smash but these two songs could do a little something....you cant keep making tracks that have no hope of doing anything at all as singles and expect ppl to still be interested in the 5th single months and months later..like even if she does release These Walls or Watcha Doing Remix later it would be kinda too late at that point :rip: so frustrating to see all the traction she built during the FN era going to waste like this...

Singles: 

1. End of an Era (risky lead single that sounds completely different from FN and introduces the ACTUAL vibe of the album...also gives more experimental alt pop vibes than anything on this record and has a very Brit Pop type of sound...a risky move but one that could have payed off).

2. Houdini (it would have done better as a second single imo...kinda like Physical...a beautiful dark uptempo track)

3. These Walls (safe AC&HAC radio fodder that could have done well)

4. Watcha Doing Remix f. Doja Cat (could tank or could be a surprise hit since its fun and with a hot remix i could see it doing something)

This would have literally been a solid era. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shouldve been

Lead single: Houdini

Second single: Training Season

everything was still "okay" regarding the era so far. 

Third single: These Walls

Fourth "summer" single: Whatcha Doing (with The Weeknd)

now thats a era. Illusion derailed it

• Like 1

Cannot believe Im seeing some flops fans saying Maria should be a single :skull: Maria is a Te Amo sized hit at best....Te Amo by Rihanna if u didnt know what song I am referring to (and I would not blame u since that song tanked :skull:). MAria would be #1 in Andora and Liechtenstein perhaps. Thats what u want? U want her to start performing in the cabins in the hills of Andora and in the one street there is in tiny Liechtenstein? I-  woman-mad-face.gif

Wait, they want to push Falling For Ever as the next single? Oh this era is over. 

Watcha doing & these walls are remaining hits.

Edited by Bad_vocal_technique

5 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Wait, they want to push Falling For Ever as the next single? Oh this era is over. 

Watcha doing & these walls are remaining hits.

Not her vocals on Falling Forever being best described by your username :deadbanana2: oh we are done DONE 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

so when do y'all think she will realize her father is the cause of her career's demise

r5sS6XR.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

so when do y'all think she will realize her father is the cause of her career's demise

r5sS6XR.gif

She's probably getting more money from this era than with FN, so probably never

r5sS6XR.gif

So... she's over, isn't she? At least we got End of an Era and Happy for You.

r5sS6XR.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Not her vocals on Falling Forever being best described by your username :deadbanana2: oh we are done DONE 

Not coming from a TS fan whose vocals are flatter than her ass

Real Housewives Nene Leaks GIF by Slice

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.