• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

It's crazy how people clowned her for Houdini but it ended up being better than most of the pop girlies lead singles….

Because clown here are all about quick chart success and not about longetivity

21 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Girl bye. Charli is not a "UK khia artist", she's one of the pioneers of the hyperpop genre and she's been around for a over decade. She has reached cult status and she has a very big, loyal following that she has cultivated through the years (something Dua is still doing). She's not selling out big arenas or having big hits like Dua but she's far from being an irrelevant khia artist.

Also, Danny L Harle & Kevin Parker that you've been dragging this entire era remain two of the best producers out there. And their work is great on this album as well. It's not their fault Dua/her team tried to sell this album as something that it wasn't.

All of this. Bit especially with Danny and Kevin. The quality of the production on the album is fantastic. It's bright, clean, hooky, well-mixed, and has some interesting flourishes. If the problem is that it wasn't experimental or psychedelic enough, go to Dua and her team because they're the ones who decide the direction of the album. Danny and Kevin did their jobs and did them well for their assignment.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

All of this. Bit especially with Danny and Kevin. The quality of the production on the album is fantastic. It's bright, clean, hooky, well-mixed, and has some interesting flourishes. If the problem is that it wasn't experimental or psychedelic enough, go to Dua and her team because they're the ones who decide the direction of the album. Danny and Kevin did their jobs and did them well for their assignment.

How dare that user call Charli as a Uk Khia artist

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Oh yes, the only thing this era needed to be saved (said no one ever)

Edited by BrokenMachine

6 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

This was certainly a choice……

I follow a lot of vinyl communities and this made 0 noise :rip:

any non-summer tour performances coming up soon to revive this beyond dead era?

1230498566728847360.webp?size=240&qualit

44 minutes ago, West Coast said:

any non-summer tour performances coming up soon to revive this beyond dead era?

1230498566728847360.webp?size=240&qualit

Well after Royal Albert Hall she has Asia tour scheduled which are all selling out and adding 2nd nights shows

EU and US and LATAM in 2025

Ain't nobody singing Illusion, lmfao….

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Ain't nobody singing Illusion, lmfao….

Dua, girl…

Britney Spears No GIF

Illusion is apparently being used as the theme song for all the Glastonbury coverage. That would explain why the CD, vinyl, and cassette they dropped yesterday are all timed to ship around it. It would also explain why they launched the album without a new single. I guess they are counting on the festival to give it one last push but the song is kinda dead already. :skull: The exposure will be great, but they should use it to launch Falling Forever instead.

• Like 3

they still tryna push Illusion? poor FF

Why are her 2nd singles always fked up?! Both Physical and Training Season had potential to be way bigger, Physical had better mv whereas TS had better promotion but both weren't trusted enough to be singles in a long run!

the fever of radical optimism aka the biggest collapse of the era is coming

mN1rlyi.gif

• Like 2

I was going to say that Ana Mena is from Spain, not Italy, but I see that Dua Lipa Hungary already edited their tweet. Anyway, I can see an Spanglish version of "Maria" or a new bilingual track between the two of them tacked into the album if the rumours turn out to be true, of course.

• Like 2

Personally for me "Moonlight Edition" of FN didnt do much, so I hope when we get re-issue of RO it will be on better level.

Edited by mike_int

9 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Personally for me "Moonlight Edition" of FN didnt do much, so I hope when we get re-issue of RO it will be on better level.

Right with tracks like "Prisoner", "Not My Problem" and "It Ain't Me". BORING :thing:

and the fact she kept "Love is a Religion" off it?!! :thing:

but "Fever" was that bop and "Un Dia" remains one of her best songs.

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Illusion is apparently being used as the theme song for all the Glastonbury coverage. That would explain why the CD, vinyl, and cassette they dropped yesterday are all timed to ship around it. It would also explain why they launched the album without a new single. I guess they are counting on the festival to give it one last push but the song is kinda dead already. :skull: The exposure will be great, but they should use it to launch Falling Forever instead.

This kind of strategy could have worked for a song like Hallucinate... in 2020 :rip:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

This kind of strategy could have worked for a song like Hallucinate... in 2020 :rip:

It should be known that Dua mentioned that she liked "Hallucinate" as a Glastonbury party theme when she dropped Future Nostalgia, but these plans were scrapped due to COVID-19. As a consequence, it makes sense that they want to do this now with her Glastonbury headlining, but I agree that "Hallucinate" would have worked better (than "Illusion" or any remaining track of Radical Optimism).

The way I'm hating Illusion as a single - even tho I like the song :coffee:

Girl, move on, or move back, but Illusion ain't gonna do nothing for you :rogue:

I want this so bad :jonnycat: The two albums of the year together

Also y'all will not shade That Kind of Woman like that! Not on my watch!

On 6/16/2024 at 12:46 PM, BadBoy said:

Falling Forever is bad eurovision trash the europeans will love it but the rest won't even care sorry. :deadvision: 

So damn true LMAO. I cringe every time I forget to hit the skip button. 

For a re-release, a duet with Charli wouldn't be a bad idea tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

girl is trying to boost her sales the next week :duck: fight queen!!

is Glasto a thing?  Is it really that big? bigger than Coachella? 

The girl is putting a lot of effort for that week, the physical copies of Illusion will be sent that week and I guess the Blood Records vinyls too. :duck:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.