• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

If these walls could talk...

spacer.png

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, Simple said:

Which one of you Peeps is running this account?

LOL the fan fiction is too much. Some people need to learn to flop with grace. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

LOL the fan fiction is too much. Some people need to learn to flop with grace. 

Ma'am you have been perched in Dua threads since the single threads just talking to no one about how much of a flop she has always been. I don't think you're in a position to talk about doing things with grace.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I heard the album a couple of times, and sonically, it sounds too basic. There are no standouts. I still like it, but I have to speak the truth, I guess.

It is a great car, a nonoffensive family, and friendly music. the problem I find is coming after future nostalgia where every single song sounded like an out and absolute smash. 

it could rank higher if it came after weaker album. title and cover of the album are top notch. danny l harle producer is not good, i checked his other work, all of them are weak (imo), absolutely no smashes. lyrics are continuing to be amazing.

favorites: falling forever, these walls, happy for you (wow dua at the lyrics, you are maestro)

no bad songs.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, _Fey said:

Ma'am you have been perched in Dua threads since the single threads just talking to no one about how much of a flop she has always been. I don't think you're in a position to talk about doing things with grace.

And with that username.. no shame

15 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

The way the singles sound completely different from the album tracks :suburban: like they're so jarring with the flow

As far as the flow…the transition from French Exit to Illusion to Falling Forever does not work the best 

everybody going to the listening parties saying these walls sucks was lying so much help

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

I heard the album a couple of times, and sonically, it sounds too basic. There are no standouts. I still like it, but I have to speak the truth, I guess.

It is a great car, a nonoffensive family, and friendly music. the problem I find is coming after future nostalgia where every single song sounded like an out and absolute smash. 

it could rank higher if it came after weaker album. title and cover of the album are top notch. danny l harle producer is not good, i checked his other work, all of them are weak (imo), absolutely no smashes. lyrics are continuing to be amazing.

favorites: falling forever, these walls, happy for you (wow dua at the lyrics, you are maestro)

no bad songs.

My exact thoughts initially! But now I can't get enough 

I am glad you enjoyed it 

Thank you for letting us know 

Edited by SayIt

Can someone explain to me the Khia music thing?

Can't believe how polarizing this album is. I've been loving every song, there are no skips for me :hippo:

And I don't get the Falling Forever hate, maybe y'all heard mediocre vocalists for so long that it damaged your ears and now you can't recognize a SINGER :gaycat5:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Can someone explain to me the Khia music thing?

!!! I was like now why is Khia in it? lol

One thing for sure about the outcome of this release is that she will 100% switch up the sound for DL4. No more dance-pop Dua in a while after this I fear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Happy for you is a career highlight, the production is urethral 😍😍😍

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

End of an Era has been stuck in my head all day, what a perfect song :WAP:

Edited by kalli
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Can't believe how polarizing this album is. I've been loving every song, there are no skips for me :hippo:

And I don't get the Falling Forever hate, maybe y'all heard mediocre vocalists for so long that it damaged your ears and now you can't recognize a SINGER :gaycat5:

The way those belts are comped together. We all know Miss Lipa cannot belt like that live and if she performs the song she will be using prerecorded studio enhanced vocals in that particular section. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, ainadalkaz said:

Happy for you is a career highlight, the production is urethral 😍😍😍

This!!! :alexz:It makes me feel like I am floating

11 minutes ago, kalli said:

End of an Era has been stuck in my head all day, what a perfect song :WAP:

The song is such a vibe :alexz:

18 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

everybody going to the listening parties saying these walls sucks was lying so much help

I can't stop playing These Walls :jonny:

43 minutes ago, tjspy said:

Just heard the album twice.

Happy For You, These Walls and Maria are that girls. End Of An Era is my least favourite. The singles are all legendary.

You trinity :duca:

I am not sure what my trinity is yet. OMG 

• Like 1

I think what I'm worried about is them rush releasing the next single since it's "underperforming" right now. Illusion JUST came out and still needs time to climb. It feels like they've also forgotten that Dua is more about longevity and promo than she is for high peaks and silence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Okay i listened to this album in full like ten times now and I still stand firm that this is an easy 8+

my ranking

Whatcha Doing

Houdini

French Exit

These Walls (this is a grower)

End Of An Era

Happy For You

Maria

Falling For You

Training Season (it does grow on me now, sounds better in the full album)

Illusion

Anything For Love (no replay value after one/two listens)

idk maybe she should settle her differences with TAP and come back.. they knew how to do marketing for her, unlike the "dadager" :toofunny2: there was absolutely no consistency from the day they scrapped TS single/video release, went for Houdini and then spent the next 3 months promoting Dance the Night for award season, which didn't even bring Dua any awards :psyduck: the team did an absolutely terrible job at the rollout/marketing of the album. We went from "darker, inspired by Britpop, grunge, with psychidelic elements" to "Go stream this summer album!!" 

Also let me not with her calling it "Radical Optimism" when there are maybe.. 2? 3? actually optimistic songs on the album? Every single song is about a boy/relationship in one way or another. Is there really no other topic she wants to talk about to make people optimistic? I swear everything about this rollout is wrong :psyduck:  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Okay i listened to this album in full like ten times now and I still stand firm that this is an easy 8+

my ranking

Whatcha Doing

Houdini

French Exit

These Walls (this is a grower)

End Of An Era

Happy For You

Maria

Falling For You

Training Season (it does grow on me now, sounds better in the full album)

Illusion

Anything For Love (no replay value after one/two listens)

Love this for you! :clap3:

I'm honestly thinking Training Season would have been an awesome album title. Same visuals, same cover.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

I think what I'm worried about is them rush releasing the next single since it's "underperforming" right now. Illusion JUST came out and still needs time to climb. It feels like they've also forgotten that Dua is more about longevity and promo than she is for high peaks and silence.

I'm biased but I don't like Illusion at ALL. I'm fine with them cutting the chord on that one fast.

• Like 1

Im seeing her performances on snl tonight cuz i love her but cant get into the era ill watch for the concept fashion etc... im not a troll or a hater i was a fan before y'all back when be the one was free track of the week on itunes and followed her career closely listening to hotter than hell and last dance before they were even on her debut album. The audacity of some of you saying im a troll a hater etc.. when i knew dua as an before 99 percent of you . She was more interesting back then her voice her vibe etc... 

20 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

The way those belts are comped together. We all know Miss Lipa cannot belt like that live and if she performs the song she will be using prerecorded studio enhanced vocals in that particular section. 

What are you on? She's never used prerecorded vocals, her shows are fully live :bam:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.