Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

#JUSTICEFORRADICALOPTIMISM 

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I feel like Warner has good plans for Whatcha Doing. It's undoubtedly the Levitating of this era

The way this should be obvious, yet it was one of the few songs to not receive any push upon the release and from what I know she might not be performing it on those promo shows as well?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I feel like Warner has good plans for Whatcha Doing. It's undoubtedly the Levitating of this era

Bookmarked for when it has 22M streams at the end of the year

spacer.png

• Haha 4

If this hoe doesnt perform Watcha Doing tn...

4AcT.gif

Training Season is the best song of the era besides Houdini - Extended Edit

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

The way this should be obvious, yet it was one of the few songs to not receive any push upon the release and from what I know she might not be performing it on those promo shows as well?

Maybe she's gonna push it after summer with a remix or something and focusing on These Walls for now. I dont mind These Walls getting a push and Whatcha Doing getting proper single treatment later. 

The people trying to blame this era on Houdini when it was the only successful thing we had this era..

spacer.png

These Walls is a bop and gives Gwen Stefani vibes somehow

4AcT.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Rih said:
1 hour ago, Cain said:

72 MC score, 20M streaming debut, 60k US opening

It's all turning around, the era WILL rebound, she will have a smash tour 

Now we just need These Walls to become a minor hit

spacer.png

If these numbers hold on.. at least it's not 69 MC, 19M and 59K

spacer.png

Wait...are we flopping or not? I just got my ARTPOP stan goggles ready to go to battle...

spacer.png

this is a no skip easy listening album for me. I think overall i prefer to FN. I will say however, the thing that's tainted this slightly for me is Dua describing the album as X sound and the album being mostly removed from said sounds. Hopefully a deluxe comes soon and we don't have a 4 year wait between eras again

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Rih said:
1 hour ago, Cain said:

72 MC score, 20M streaming debut, 60k US opening

It's all turning around, the era WILL rebound, she will have a smash tour 

Now we just need These Walls to become a minor hit

spacer.png

If these numbers hold on.. at least it's not 69 MC, 19M and 59K

spacer.png

Wait...are we flopping or not? I just got my ARTPOP stan goggles ready to go to battle...

spacer.png

Word on the street is that the second day streams will match or surpass the first day ones. 
Happy Kamala Harris GIF by Joe Biden

• Haha 2

Imaging the singles being Godini > Watcha Doin > These Walls....

4AcT.gif

2 minutes ago, Miichael said:

These Walls is a bop and gives Gwen Stefani vibes somehow

4AcT.gif

it's her (new and better) Cool 

4AcT.gif

Just now, Dula Peep said:

spacer.png

Still big time bombing but slightly less big than we may have thought at first. We expected Hiroshima but this is more Nagasaki in the end.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

this album makes me feel like i'm on vacation and like i'm not in my dorm studying my ass off for these finals rn  :WAP:

Edited by ariesgroove

The way every time Maria starts playing I'm like "I HEAR YOUR HEART BEAT TO THE BEAT OF THE DRUMS" but then I'm like... oh not that

4AcT.gif

3 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

Word on the street is that the second day streams will match or surpass the first day ones. 
Happy Kamala Harris GIF by Joe Biden

Radical Delusion but we move

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

this is a no skip easy listening album for me. I think overall i prefer to FN. I will say however, the thing that's tainted this slightly for me is Dua describing the album as X sound and the album being mostly removed from said sounds. Hopefully a deluxe comes soon and we don't have a 4 year wait between eras again

That is great news. Continue to enjoy the album! 

Maria is high key so addictive, I've seen my local european friends stanning that one the most

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Post Malone said:

The way every time Maria starts playing I'm like "I HEAR YOUR HEART BEAT TO THE BEAT OF THE DRUMS" but then I'm like... oh not that

4AcT.gif

Am I the only one who hears Drive By by Train?? Like it's almost exactly the same to me :rip: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

Radical Delusion but we move

spacer.png

The way I just know I will stumble upon a screenshot of myself on Twitter

spacer.png

Edited by scottstreet

Just now, scottstreet said:

The way I just know I will stumble upon a screenshot of myself on Twitter

spacer.png

ACCORDING TO ATRL INSIDER SCOTTSTREET... !

• Haha 1

Just now, Relampago. said:

The people trying to blame this era on Houdini when it was the only successful thing we had this era..

spacer.png

It's the best song far and away but it should not have been the lead single. Training Season should have been the lead. Dua is best when she's basically a focus group label puppet act and that's why FN had such a great rollout and tracks (a lot of writers demos lol). She's been one of my most played artists of all time and Houdini is AMAZING and still one of the best tracks she's put out, but the leading single was a massive mistake because it's arguably the most sonically different track on the record. I do like that she's much more confident in her vision and performance but that isn't translating musically.

This rollout really feels like Prism in a derogatory way. It's giving LATE era Prism singles where they threw everything at the wall to try and get something to stick. It's telling that Troye Sivan and Jojo Siwa have had more viral interest than DUA LIPA this era. Giving her so much control over a rollout was an obvious shortcoming. But also I don't think it really matters much because this album cycle seems much cheaper than FN. She was overexposed and needed to drop something to end the drought. I honestly think she'll drop a new album in the next year because of this performance. 11 songs after years of anticipation and all of the songs sounding plain and uninteresting outside of a few like Maria and Falling Forever shows that she needs more voices in the room. Also people don't see her as an albums artist sorry to say, she's just not that musically interesting. FN had a much bigger moment because people were isolated and looked to it for an escape. In a year where MUCH bigger names have all dropped back to back, Dua is bearing the brunt of the impact and media interest. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.