Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

I Luv how everyone just hates Training Season in unison, it's giving world peace

4AcT.gif

I actually like it but it was possibly the worst choice for a single on the entire album and single-handedly destroyed the momentum of the entire era 

The American Oxygen of the RO era

spacer.png

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, tost1 said:

People hate it cause it flopped, if it was an album track people would be stanning

Rather it flopped because people hated it

spacer.png

Edited by Iris
  • Haha 1

Not a fan of These Walls but I agree it's the song Dua needs, gp is tired of her "ooohhh i'm dancing all night and I see a hot guy" personality (even tho I enjoy it)

spacer.png

• Like 2

Are there Camilizer moles in this fanbase? Why the sudden These Walls campaigns? Are we trying to put the era out of its misery?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Finally listened to this from start to finish and... I don't get the lashings it's received so far

Is it a 10/10? No, but it's a solid 6.5-7 and I can already tell most of the album tracks will be growers

Surprisingly, singles aside the second half of the album is much stronger than the first half, Whatcha Doing and Falling Forever (!!!) are instant standouts for me

I'm not sure I hear the 70s sound she was going for but am I the only one who hears a LOT of 90s influences? I heard 90s R&B influences in Whatcha Doing and French Exit and a 90s female singer-songwriter influence in Maria and some late 90s/early 2000s synths scattered throughout

I imagine I will be much more fond of the album a week from now, can't wait for it to grow on me

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

These Walls is the only potential Megahit on the album that can also smash in the US. Illusion will never work in the US

Whatcha Doing sounds like something Bruno Mars could release, it has that US appealing sound to it 

I see potential in it 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

I Luv how everyone just hates Training Season in unison, it's giving world peace

4AcT.gif

These gays just hate pop perfection.

Same people that think hallucinate is anything else than a filler.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mordecai said:

Finally listened to this from start to finish and... I don't get the lashings it's received so far

Is it a 10/10? No, but it's a solid 6.5-7 and I can already tell most of the album tracks will be growers

Surprisingly, singles aside the second half of the album is much stronger than the first half, Whatcha Doing and Falling Forever (!!!) are instant standouts for me

I'm not sure I hear the 70s sound she was going for but am I the only one who hears a LOT of 90s influences? I heard 90s R&B influences in Whatcha Doing and French Exit and a 90s female singer-songwriter influence in Maria and some late 90s/early 2000s synths scattered throughout

I imagine I will be much more fond of the album a week from now, can't wait for it to grow on me

90s and early 2000s is also what I hear.

I am able to recognize only some minor 70s elements, such as the drums in the pre-chorus of Training Season for example. Somebody else also mentioned some ABBA influences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TripToYourLove said:

as a doja stan I was worried when I went to the scarlet tour that the arena was gonna have a bunch of empty seats since she was in her "hated" era but then the whole place was packed and people were chanting her name:WAP: that's when I realized she was a certified IT girl

anyway back to dua

Seriously, ppl say well, PTTR, but between Scarlet flopping on arrival and then hoodie gate 2 weeks before she hit the road, it was BAD for my girl and she still packed out arenas every night. Dua will most likely be fine touring even if it's still the goodwill from FN. 

Damn the BTS of Houdini is giving me life 

:WAP:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Is that why Latin Grammylia outmetacriticed :clack:

bc no one bothered to interview Camilita before so she didnt give any expecacations for it :clack:

@popmusic how is that second day looking

:clack:

28 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

4AcT.gif

please we all know Illusion is the worst one by a mile

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gotportugal said:

please we all know Illusion is the worst one by a mile

spacer.png

Not the best song by MILES :bibliahh:

spacer.png

• Confused 1

Not the Training Season hate in here

You're all TASTELESS

It was Houdini fault that the era tankedNicki Minaj What GIF by Barbershop: The Next Cut

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

You're all TASTELESS

It was Houdini fault that the era tankedNicki Minaj What GIF by Barbershop: The Next Cut

this! training season was good, not bad! people getting this wrong!

8 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

You're all TASTELESS

Wrong. Houdini started like any big Dua hit - good opening, mediocre development, then increase and stability. The true tragedy was her going to all these US Shows doing interviews on Barbie and DTN instead of performing Houdini there. That was a CRIME!

TS and its lacklustre release and especially MV was the cherry on top

• Like 1

Training Season is a modern classic, the Live audio from the Brits is low key the #1 song of the era

Illusion is bottom 3 singles of her career and we should collectively hate it for absolutely killing the era on streaming. Before it came out, both Houdini ans TS been consistently doing same amount of streams, stable in top 40. When Illusion came out it all dipped and never came back

• Like 8

If it was up to me the single choices would've been:

lead single: Whatcha Doing 

second single: Houdini 

third single: These Walls

45 minutes ago, Iris said:

Omg I think Falling Forever is finally growing on me.

Yess!! 

Do you like all the songs now? 

The way the Tom's Diner plagiarism in Watcha Doing's pre chorus is the only saveable thing about that song

spacer.png 

• Thumbs Down 2

Houdini

- Album release - 

Training Season

Watcha Doing

Maria

These Walls

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Training Season is a modern classic, the Live audio from the Brits is low key the #1 song of the era

Illusion is bottom 3 singles of her career and we should collectively hate it for absolutely killing the era on streaming. Before it came out, both Houdini ans TS been consistently doing same amount of streams, stable in top 40. When Illusion came out it all dipped and never came back

Illusion is a lot better than Training Season you need some better headphones or speakers or something 

I feel like Warner has good plans for Whatcha Doing. It's undoubtedly the Levitating of this era

• Thanks 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.