Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

It's actually kinda crazy how u can spend a considerable amount of time on a forum about pop music but think Rihanna and Gaga are today's pop girls, and also literally none of the girls you listed alongside Dua have half as many hits as her and none of them have done a few select arenas on their tours let alone a fully sold out arena tour. Be a little more informed baby

I think they're demonstrating what a MPG is. Whilst e.g. Bey and Brit debuted in a diff time to e.g. Katy and Rih, they still all possessed a specific set of attributes and prowess in their career that made them MPG at one point in time or another.

Dua is (was) nearly there imo!

Edited by V_E_N_U_S

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Houdini will always be the song to blame.

For a lead single, after Future Nostalgia, after Barbie, after 140+M playlist reach for months... the sis got 400m streams. 

Now THIS is what call an era killer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

All this talk about touring is making me happy the album is kinda underperforming because I think it guarantees me a ticket to a show!

We gotta see the silver lining in this situation we are currently in! :dies:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thinking about the fact that the album of 14 unreleased Future Nostalgia tracks that we got back in January has more memorable & catchier tracks than anything on RO… :suburban:

Edited by TayDuaStan

That one cat avatar literally TRYING to have a negative conversation with themselves.

Like why are you here.

Anyways. Stream Maria

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TayDuaStan said:

Thinking about the fact that the album of 14 unreleased FN tracks that we got back in January has more memorable & catchier tracks than anything on RO… :suburban:

Taylor has released the same album 3 times at this point. just saying.

• Like 1

I hope they go all out for Glasto, the public needs to be reminded that no matter what she can still put on a show. They have big ambitions for the tour from what I know so... 

• Like 2

Damn this album is actually extremely disappointing. Sad, I was hyped for this one.

Listen, the numbers are serving underperformance. But also, it's a Dua Lipa album. What exactly were you expecting. 
The album is serving very close to Plastic Hearts level of quality. 
It is a thoroughly enjoyable album FOR ME. And quite honestly i only care that i like it, and my household also seems to like it. So it's a win win.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GeminiCat said:

Doja toured Scarlet just fine in the US after the album tanked and she was at her most hated. Doing arenas really isn't that big of a deal in anymore. 

as a doja stan I was worried when I went to the scarlet tour that the arena was gonna have a bunch of empty seats since she was in her "hated" era but then the whole place was packed and people were chanting her name:WAP: that's when I realized she was a certified IT girl

anyway back to dua

7 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Houdini will always be the song to blame.

For a lead single, after Future Nostalgia, after Barbie, after 140+M playlist reach for months... the sis got 400m streams. 

Now THIS is what call an era killer. 

Yours & @TayDuaStan's personal beef with Houdini needs to be studied

eQFXBur.thumb.gif.f046dec3a8bb9fc7b93acc

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

I hope they go all out for Glasto, the public needs to be reminded that no matter what she can still put on a show. They have big ambitions for the tour from what I know so... 

Tour 2025, Booker Prize committee 2026, charitable works in Kosovo 2027, run for mayor of Pristina 2028, in readiness for mayor London run 2032.

(I'm (half) joking)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

yeah, a great Glasto show will def hype up ticket sales  across Europe at the very least

Do y'all think the UK local elections had any impact on the UK streams? I know it's not the same as a general election but yesterday's news was dominated by political discourse. 

Just now, Aslan said:

Do y'all think the UK local elections had any impact on the UK streams? I know it's not the same as a general election but yesterday's news was dominated by political discourse. 

No lmaos dshdsd

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Vermouth said:

Tour 2025, Booker Prize committee 2026, charitable works in Kosovo 2027, run for mayor of Pristina 2028, in readiness for mayor London run 2032.

(I'm (half) joking)

Don't forget about her opening private multilingual school and releasing a book about growing up between Kosovo and London

Edited by BlackoutZone

Anything for love is the only song that doesnt work for me, such a instant skip :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Is the tour starting next year? :dancehall:

These Walls should have been single #2 and Training Season should have had a better video and been released with the album. She woulda scratched much higher numbers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

Anything for love is the only song that doesnt work for me, such a instant skip :deadbanana2:

I'm confused how they listened to it in its current state and said yep it's ready to be on the album! like it's short as it is, but the fact that half the song is like an intro makes it feel even more rushed and cheap

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aslan said:

No.

• Thanks 1

Don't worry guys she can still become a musical judge , have a Vegas residency , or start a makeup line to compensate 

her total flop-age WW like the others. #Optimism

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Don't forget about her opening private multilingual school and releasing a book about growing up between Kosovo and London

Dua Lingo

14 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Damn this album is actually extremely disappointing. Sad, I was hyped for this one.

What happened?! Did anything change since I  was gone? 

the way i knew it was gonna be a chop when this news came out

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.