Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

15 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

why??? this album is really REALLY good 

i mean judging from collective reaction this just doesn't seem to be super objectively true, it's an enjoyable album tho

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

someone better check on how she's doing :deadbanana:

I dont think she follows charts closely. 

22 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Panned reviews, atrocious streaming numbers…is it time for me to be a radical optimist and have my second listen of the album?:suburban:

All of the background noise is not important. You should give it another try if you enjoy her as an artist and like her songs in general 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

someone better check on how she's doing :deadbanana:

Worried she might cancel snl.

4 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

i mean judging from collective reaction this just doesn't seem to be super objectively true, it's an enjoyable album tho

How can it not be good but it is enjoyable? Can you elaborate?

4 minutes ago, SayIt said:

I dont think she follows charts closely. 

idk it's a big day for the album and the most important week cuz of the release :deadbanana:

5 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

They've been fumbling the bag for 6 months now.

Houdini is NOT a good lead, especially when it sounds NOTHING like the rest of the album.

The psychedelic comments set her up for failure, but at least she could've remained the critics darling she used to be even with bad streaming numbers for taking a risk.

30 min album after waiting 4 years.

Not building any kind of fanbase during all these years.

This is her 3rd album and the public already doesn't give a flying f**k! She deserves way more - the album isn't that great, but it's decent. She had the GP support and the cool factor, but they wasted it so hard! They didn't even bother to give it one listen!

Fire your damn father Dua and get to work. YOU'RE A FIGHTER. 

Levitating coins won't satisfy your artistic ego forever, C'MON. DO SOMETHING. 

It doesn't make sense coming for Houdini. It's the only song that performed decently and it sounds different from the rest of the album. Probably if the whole album sounded like it we would be in a different scenario right now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SayIt said:

How can it not be good but it is enjoyable? Can you elaborate?

why do threads about underperformant albums always go into semantics :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

That's what happens when you release bad singles before the album :noparty: I'm a big fan but even I wasn't too excited to listen to the album after Flopping Season and Delusion (Houdini is great)

She's generally liked and considered cool, people were aware of the release but still decided not to listen. You can't even argue that the album was bad and people turned it off because even the opening track did badly... We saw the same happen with Ariana, Yes And did some damage to the album but she managed to win people back with WCBF and SNL. Let's hope Dua will somehow pull it off too

Edited by aaron511

it's not bad for an indie album!

7 minutes ago, stonedatthebarbers said:

??? ur crazy

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

why do threads about underperformant albums always go into semantics :rip:

Just curious and trying to understand your point 

the numbers are terrible omg :deadbanana4: i genuinely don't know what can save the era 

10 minutes ago, stonedatthebarbers said:

Be serious. :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Burqa said:

the numbers are terrible omg :deadbanana4: i genuinely don't know what can save the era 

Pushing these wall?!?

Posted (edited)

she needs to pull a sweetener - tu,n and release DL4 very soon because :rip:

this album will be more appreciated as time passes though i can feel it

Edited by kalli

19 minutes ago, popmusic said:

So it seems like Spotify counter had a glitch, I hope it won't affect official numbers :eli: 

What does this mean? 

9 minutes ago, aaron511 said:

That's what happens when you release bad singles before the album :noparty: I'm a big fan but even I wasn't too excited to listen to the album after Flopping Season and Delusion (Houdini is great)

not really. the singles are so much better than the rest of the album.

• Like 1

But yeah, this album will probably get better reception over time. I know it's like a trope among us Dua fans, but she's never really been an "instant hit" girl. Plus, SNL is today. That's going to have an effect for sure. I also suspect that more playlisting will come with time. 

Also, The New Yorker is stanning. She's truly the most intellectual popstar :eli: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, popmusic said:

So it seems like Spotify counter had a glitch, I hope it won't affect official numbers :eli: 

Erm………

So what are the real numbers?  The ones being bandied about this morning that people have posted from ( top 200?) global Spotify are 20%+ more than the projections you posted last night.

Not blaming you in anyway ( and very grateful for your input), but has there been a discrepancy, and,  if so when, do we know the real numbers?

Not going to transform the mood on here but there a difference between 15.9m and ( say?) 20m.

Or am holding the wrong end of the stick??🙄

• Like 1

Spotify first day numbers days need to be studied by psychiatrists because it's really not healthy to live through someone achievements like this. Every album release there are 6-7 pages discussing the actual album and a myriad of threads dragging the numbers. 

It's good sometimes to stand your ground and believe in what you made and she made AOTY so she should be proud. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

not really. the singles are so much better than the rest of the album.

Doesn't mean they're good.

:clack:

I enjoy the album a lot but after getting rid of TAP management, this era was always doomed to fail. She got too comfortable after the success of FN and the lack of promo performances, interviews etc. throughout the entire rollout just prove it.

Oh and Illusion was a complete waste of a single. It's easily the worst song on the album for me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, kalli said:

she needs to pull a sweetener - tu,n and release DL4 very soon because :rip:

this album will be more appreciated as time passes though i can feel it

I feel the same! It will be a gem! 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.