Ben Platt - 'Honeymind'

Yog

I've really enjoyed his music so far. Excited to check this out!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• butterflymimi

• mrmarrero

• computer.boy

5 minutes ago, HealerKirby said:

Cute song :giraffe:

You heard it… where?

20 minutes ago, Yog said:

You heard it… where?

...Spotify (it's already past midnight where I live :biggrin:)

I wish the last chorus went a bit harder tho; but the song just made me realized how much I love his voice, gonna listen to the previous albums again

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HealerKirby said:

...Spotify (it's already past midnight where I live :biggrin:)

I wish the last chorus went a bit harder tho; but the song just made me realized how much I love his voice, gonna listen to the previous albums again

I can’t wait to hear it, is it an guitar ballad like the snippet suggest

Holy ****.. @mrmarrero it’s four minutes long :jonny6:

spacer.png

• Like 1

heard it and meh

prefer his sound from reverie

Andrew is cute, definitely not on the level of reverie but I still enjoyed it and. just glad we've got another album coming from him so soon :heart2: this song is deffo a grower though

4 minutes ago, butterflymimi said:

Andrew is cute, definitely not on the level of reverie but I still enjoyed it and. just glad we've got another album coming from him so soon :heart2: this song is deffo a grower though

What’s the sound of the track? Guitar leaning?

4 minutes ago, Yog said:

What’s the sound of the track? Guitar leaning?

yeah it’s a soft guitar ballad, it’s a cute love song.

there isn’t a big climax but it wouldn’t have made sense to do that anyway, i’d say it is more similar to reverie than sing to me instead

18 minutes ago, butterflymimi said:

yeah it’s a soft guitar ballad, it’s a cute love song.

there isn’t a big climax but it wouldn’t have made sense to do that anyway, i’d say it is more similar to reverie than sing to me instead

I figured this album is going for a more acoustic sound than their previous two albums, really? “Reverie”, that album has an more pop lean unless your talking about “I don’t wanna love you anymore”

This is cute, really like the lyrics :jamming:

The album is more “folk” leaning 

And with 13 tracks…

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Andrew video is out!! It’s so cute and sweet. It made me tear up thinking about my younger self :chick3:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

Andrew video is out!! It’s so cute and sweet. It made me tear up thinking about my younger self :chick3:

Very nostalgic for that first gay affection that isn’t possible, the lyrics really capture that too :dancehall3:

• Like 1

yeah not my cup of tea... but i still love him for his last album and You Will Be Found and River

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, mrmarrero said:

yeah not my cup of tea... but i still love him for his last album and You Will Be Found and River

That’s fine, not many are into folk music but anyways.. Ben’s songwriting magus ops is coming 

https://puremzine.com/ben-platt-unveils-emotionally-charged-single-andrew/

Edited by Yog
  • Like 1

loved his previous album but didnt like the new song but i will still check out the album when it gets released

Andrew is a new unrequited gay crush classic I fear 

• Like 1

I think we all had an "Andrew" growing up, maybe multiple for some. :weeps: Lovely song.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Feetree said:

Andrew is a new unrequited gay crush classic I fear 

If Ben had more attention within the mainstream, the song would’ve gain TikTok traction by now.. the lyrics are so good and I’m very excited for the rest of the album now.

I really do appreciate Ben’s surprising artistic growth into trying different genres & sounds, he may come from an broadway/adult contemporary background, the first two albums do not sound the same at the slightest and this upcoming 3rd one is another genre swift.. I love the versatilely :clap3:   

Edited by Yog

8 minutes ago, Yog said:

If Ben had more attention within the mainstream, the song would’ve gain TikTok traction by now.. the lyrics are so good and I’m very excited for the rest of the album now.

I really do appreciate Ben’s surprising artistic growth into trying different genres & sounds, he may come from an broadway/adult contemporary background, the first two albums do not sound the same at the slightest and this upcoming 3rd one is another genre swift.. I love the versatilely :clap3:   

He went from Warner to UMG this era so he's not on tiktok anyways :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

He went from Warner to UMG this era so he's not on tiktok anyways :deadbanana2:

TikTok won’t be around for only longer (for USA) at least 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.