Gacha Games

Suilen

Gacha games are video games which encourage players to spend in-game currency for virtual items as they progress. In gacha games, items such as cards and characters can be won through a mechanism, similar to a vending machine, in which players pull, spin, or roll using in-game currency to receive a random item.

I thought it'd be nice to discuss gacha games that aren't Hoyo's, considering the genre's overall popularity. Here's some of them:

Arknights

3678c9e9-b252-47e6-afb6-3a495887b23f.jpg

Fate/Grand Order

fate-grand-order---button-1481059170260.jpg

Fire Emblem Heroes

mobilefireemblemheroesillustration01.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&height=1200&width=1200

Reverse 1999

reverse-1697652404138.jpg

Nikke

gametiles_com.proximabeta.nikke.jpg

Epic Seven

epicseven-1651785090813.jpg

NU Carnival (not that popular but might be of interest to the people here due to its themes :eli:)

kv-mobile.png

• Thanks 1

Delete this thread immediately 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is Fire Emblem Heroes still popular/good? I remember playing quite a bit on my phone as a fan of the series

Screaming at the explicit note that this thread is not for Hoyo games

I only know Genshin Impact lol best game i ever played! 

i see reverse 1999 a lot though. 

Try REVERSE1999 sistren

The art, the lore, the BGM and the character design are all top notch :jonny6:

21 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Is Fire Emblem Heroes still popular/good? I remember playing quite a bit on my phone as a fan of the series

Screaming at the explicit note that this thread is not for Hoyo games

It still gets consistent updates and decent revenue but I'm not sure about the quality due to all the power creep and the game being very different from what it started as. Many old units are just worthless now.

Well, I guess people are free to discuss Tears of Themis :eli:

I have played nu-carnival for obvious reasons 

It did enjoyed it for a year and half. But soon it got stale. Even though I wasn't playing it for gameplay, event were very repitative and nothing new was being added. 2 new designs in a month, and them being hard to get wasn't woth the boring chore of everyday.

• ATRL Moderator

:bird: played a few non hoyo gacha games like punishing gray raven, tower of fantasy, aether gazer and reverse 1999. I'm currently only playing reverse 1999 ( and honkai star rail ) but still a lot of fun if you don't fall for the fomo scam and start swiping

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, £than said:

Wuwa GOTY + Genshit ender :clap3:

not with that artifact system but she'll have cute numbers definitely 

1 hour ago, £than said:

Wuwa GOTY + Genshit ender :clap3:

Genshit dupe* 

As if we needed a second snoozefest 

Pgr is good 

I can’t get into reverse for some reason 

We will be playing WW day1 :clap3: 

Yinlin :jonny5:

• Confused 1

I'm in the WuWa beta and the overworld is so lifeless and the characters are mostly all waifus with no personality. The story is HOT garbage.

Combat is cute I guess.. even if Genshin is easier I miss the elemental reactions, this is just slash and dodge mostly which tons of single player games already do so I don't feel the need to attach so much time (or money to it) We will be streaming the OST though.

:suburban:

Edited by Fevesy
  • Thanks 1

the FFXIII stan dragging a game's story

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, £than said:

the FFXIII stan dragging a game's story

You’re not ready for the sheep cinematic. :giraffe:

Anyways I used to love Final Fantasy Brave Exvius but that game's powercreep is just too much. I just checked to see the current state of the game and JP has started releasing basically 9* units.  :toofunny2: End of service soon I think.

19 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

Anyways I used to love Final Fantasy Brave Exvius but that game's powercreep is just too much. I just checked to see the current state of the game and JP has started releasing basically 9* units.  :toofunny2: End of service soon I think.

Can't believe that mess outlasted DFFOO. The latter eventually hit a wall when it came to powercreep though which is sad. The Ultima/FR powercreep was just too much to handle. Anyway, I thought it was nice to have a game that had characters from different FF titles, even ones that weren't playable like the Turks from VII or Jihl and Raines from XIII.

19 minutes ago, highwind44029 said:

Can't believe that mess outlasted DFFOO. The latter eventually hit a wall when it came to powercreep though which is sad. The Ultima/FR powercreep was just too much to handle. Anyway, I thought it was nice to have a game that had characters from different FF titles, even ones that weren't playable like the Turks from VII or Jihl and Raines from XIII.

Yeah Square Enix gachas are generally awful and they just go HAM with the powercreep to milk the playerbase. I'm surprised FFBE is still standing after all this time since most other ones are closed now. FF Ever Crisis will probably last another year lbr and our good sis Octopath is/was such a fad.

Mobius Final Fantasy though.. :cries:

f30428fdac4bbe35bd38ebce2e78d854.gif

• ATRL Moderator

:rip: the octopath gacha is a joke... 8 units per team and sticking to the same 8 classes from the original. I could smell the lazy creep potential instantly

4 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

:rip: the octopath gacha is a joke... 8 units per team and sticking to the same 8 classes from the original. I could smell the lazy creep potential instantly

ntm Lynette is a legend :clap3:

WuWa is probably gonna flop, like 90% of the cast look the same

their company is already infamous for being terrible in China (mass-hired & laid off new-grads in like 2 months, treating female players like crap, etc.)

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, ChatshireCat said:

WuWa is probably gonna flop, like 90% of the cast look the same

their company is already infamous for being terrible in China (mass-hired & laid off new-grads in like 2 months, treating female players like crap, etc.)

we- not when pgr had a cute comeback. idk about the company stuff though 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.