Miriam Margolyes drags adult Potterheads: "It was 25 years ago and it’s for children"

playboi

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptus

• John Slayne

• Cameltoe Chariot

• JO1s

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s factually a children’s book. That what separates it from the other epics. HP is for kids 

LOTR is an adult fantasy 

Edited by makeme
  • Like 5

This is such a tired ass narrative. Let people enjoy things. 

The only reason i’d accept trashing HP is if you’re talking sh*t about JKR

Edited by getBusy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

People can like whatever they want.

I personally think that Harry Potter is a poorly written piece of trash that ruined the young adult genre.  But to each their own.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 13

It's true tho 

bootlegjon-emma.gif

Like grow up, guys 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I would argue they were more teen/young adult age-based since they were definitely written to cater to people who would be living the secondary school life at the time of the books coming out, even though the release time frame would overstretch that. But I read them in secondary school and enjoyed them at that time. And I think a lot of people live vicariously through their teen memories so, I guess it stacks out.

And yeah, it doesn’t really matter, as said above let people enjoy themselves. I don’t condone JK getting much notoriety anymore, but I doubt she or anyone else involved in the Wizarding World franchise care since it’s the adults with income who are injecting the money into their pockets. Plus they’re definitely catering to their adult demographic a lot more.

• Like 4

I've always considered books 1 - 2 for children, and books 3 - 7 for YA. The books mature along with the characters and readers. 

• Like 4

Dont like Harry Potter but i like this woman even less. God shes revolting.

• Like 1

Miserable woman. I can't imagine being so pressed over other people liking things. :rip:

• Like 8

Miriam is hilarious and Harry Potter is technically a children's book series but that's exactly why people can't let go. We take a lot of our chilhood things with us in adulthood to help us cope and find a happy place. I don't even like HP but I wouldn't worry or fault a 30-year old who wants to have a Harry Potter themed wedding.

• Like 10

Girl there’s worse things to worry about. This is such a nonissue 

• Like 1

So where are her other relevant roles since Potter 25 years ago?

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Raptus said:

So where are her other relevant roles since Potter 25 years ago?

:ryan3:

And tbh she wasn't even that relevant in HP herself. 

• Like 2

She’s right. Cry about it lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Mitsouko said:

She’s right. Cry about it lol

Said balding gay talking about pop girls daily

:suburban:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

honestly, she's right. harry potter was a big part of my childhood and teenage years, it will forever hold a special place in my heart. i played and enjoyed hogwarts legacy. but that's the extend of it.

there are grown adults who still base their personality on what hogwarts house they believe they belong in. they base their personality on teenage characters. some even thirst for them :biblio: there's definitely a phenomenon with millennials/gen z where people are stuck in development. i can't remember how many times i've seen videos of grown women (30-40) claiming they're still just teenage girls. grow up and move on. stop living in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Let people enjoy things ffs

I mean I get it if we're talking about the over the top obsessions some people have (I saw a TikTok yesterday of some girl saying she "shifted realities" and was a student at Hogwarts), but nothing wrong with being a fan.  It's a totally different world that is a form of escapism for so many people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am kinda surprised just how relevant the franchise continues to be. While the books and films were still coming out it made sense, but now all these years later I don't really see the appeal anymore. 

But as others have said if people enjoy it, more power to them

• Like 2

Of course, I can add here that each person decides for himself what to watch, and all that.

For me personally, it was a product of its time. I have all the books and even all the games, and it was a great pleasure when I was 11, but now I don't even watch it during the holiday season.

I mean drag them for supporting a vile women like JK. This boomer take of ‘growing out’ of things that give you joy is so tired. 

• Like 2

people that hate other people for enjoying things are so lame 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.