Miriam Margolyes drags adult Potterheads: "It was 25 years ago and it’s for children"

playboi

Harry Potter stans make their entire personality about HP. It’s not so much a question of liking it, it’s more so living so vicariously through it. It’s honestly sad, there’s so much to life to read and enjoy the the best thing they’ve ever read is a **** story about a wizard with a lightning bolt on his head lmao. the literary world deserves much better

obsessed HP stans are exactly the same as biblical lunatics 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SupremeGoddess

• Raptus

• Cameltoe Chariot

• JO1s

Top Posters In This Topic

Let people enjoy things...

Cameltoe Chariot
6 minutes ago, SupremeGoddess said:

obsessed HP stans are exactly the same as biblical lunatics 

Y’all are so f*cking extra, you can’t be serious :deadbanana4:

Edited by Cameltoe Chariot

1 minute ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Y’all are so f*cking extra, you can’t be serious :deadbanana4:

quick: name 5 books out of the top of your hrad you’ve read outside of harry potthead, no google or forced for english class allowed 

Edited by SupremeGoddess
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Cameltoe Chariot
Just now, SupremeGoddess said:

quick: name 5 books out of the top of your read you’ve read outside of harry potthead, no google or forced for english class allowed 

Tender Is The Flesh, Lapvona, Annihilation, Devil In The White City and We Have Always Lived In The Castle.

But nice try, sister! :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Tender Is The Flesh, Lapvona, Annihilation, Devil In The White City and We Have Always Lived In The Castle.

But nice try, sister! :sistrens:

congratulations you’re not stuck in the late 90s, instead of dealing with the severe trauma in your life, trying to relieve the fantasy of what it was like being a teenager flying on a big falcon or whatever trying to catch a golden ball and fighting against a noseless bald michael jackson and supporting a known transphobe :zzz:i on the other hand will continue to LAUGH at adult harry potter stans for being so miserable kii :psych:

• Haha 4

I didn’t take what she said that seriously lol. I think she’s mainly talking about the adults who make liking HP a big part of their adult personality, which I have to agree, I find really odd. It’s similar to Disney adults. It is fine to be a fan of HP & Disney as adults, but if it’s really extreme it’s a lot.  You do have to let it go a BIT when you get older, not completely if you cherish it, but you gotta make room in your older years for growth and other things.

She's right, but she has no problem with these adults paying her for cameos?

she spilled i fear. 

There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class.

But don’t a lot of us still enjoy things from our childhood as adults? Why do you think so many adults still play Pokémon games? My sister is in her 40s and we both watch the Harry Potter franchise every Christmas as it’s our tradition and I don’t see that tradition ending any time soon.

Some people are so inherently miserable over such harmless things. :rip:

3 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Interesting. Do y'all get upset when folks list their zodiac/horoscope signs on their profiles too? Because that's based on pseudoscience and fantasy too, yet HP houses are what seem to trigger people instead for some reason...

Yes, actually, when people make it their personalities instead of just a silly fun thing. 

Maybe it’s a bigger conversation about how many millenials don’t know how to function without identity labels to cling to. 

• Like 1

I'd say the first two are for children. The rest of the series is teen and young adults but ok lady. And just because it was 25 years ago doesnt mean HP cant be enjoyed?? Miss sprout needs to stfu and get over herself:cm:

She says it how it is, and that’s coming from a former “Potterhead” (altho I’d never use that term, I just really liked the films growing up and never read the books). But if you’re still supporting that franchise in 2024 you’re endorsing transphobia and that could just never be me sorry!

Cameltoe Chariot
6 hours ago, SupremeGoddess said:

congratulations you’re not stuck in the late 90s, instead of dealing with the severe trauma in your life, trying to relieve the fantasy of what it was like being a teenager flying on a big falcon or whatever trying to catch a golden ball and fighting against a noseless bald michael jackson and supporting a known transphobe :zzz:i on the other hand will continue to LAUGH at adult harry potter stans for being so miserable kii :psych:

Well for starters the franchise gets nothing from me ever since Rowling showed her transphobic ass.

Second, I have dealt with my trauma - I survived a sexual assault as a 13 year old and severe bullying that nearly pushed me to suicide. I found solace in the Harry Potter books back then and told myself I couldn’t end my life until the last book came out cuz I wanted to know how it ended.

Years later I’m doing a lot better; I’ve done 7+ years of intense therapy, I’m on a strong cocktail of anti depressants and anxiety medication, and I’m doing pretty good in my career.

F*ck you ENTIRELY for speaking to me the way you just did. You are no better than Rowling, and I hope you have the day you deserve.

• Like 7

I used to like her but this rubs me the wrong way.

People like whatever they want to like. One thing I hate about HP to, through it i found out about this nasty old *****.

Avada kedavra

Why does the world want to force everyone to have one personality. Let her share her thoughts stfuu

• Like 1

She's right and I'm glad she said it.

• Thanks 3

Someone had to say it. Harry Potter is a series/brand for, and about, 11 year olds :sorry: I don't understand people who still treat it as their whole personality 30 years later.

Did they just never read anything else? I enjoyed HP as well, as a kid, but even then I recognized that the books really aren't that good. I preferred books by Garth Nix, Clive Barker, and Stephen King :clap3: 

She's absolutely right. We need to DE-normalise adults being stuck acting like children into their middle aged. 

• Like 3

I get her point but I don’t think it’s for children per se. I would say it’s for teenagers but she’s right about people becoming obsessed with something and not letting it go.

We should be able to be more mature as a society and have a wider criteria in order to understand the rightful place for these franchises that end up literally only draining our money and empowering some people such a transphobic person, like bye.

PS: Harry Potter clearly isn’t the only franchise with this issue.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:40 PM, Sugar-Rush said:

Interesting. Do y'all get upset when folks list their zodiac/horoscope signs on their profiles too? Because that's based on pseudoscience and fantasy too, yet HP houses are what seem to trigger people instead for some reason...

Yes zodiac bullshit is even more cringe because people actually use them to make real life decisions instead of being a quirky entertainment passion.

I think she is specifically talking about those crazy potterheads who make everything about their life about Harry Potter to the point that being a potterhead is all they are ever known for, and I agree

She isn't taking a jab at people who simply likes or enjoys the Harry Potter book or movies

Football is also for children but adults bet their whole life on it, what is your point Miss Margolyes? 

gge5tCe.thumb.gif.c9f0e782b2022a6a9a9b74

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.