Zack Snyder says more people watched Rebel Moon than Barbie

Gui Blackout

What’s a Rebel Moon? 

never heard of this movie before :redface: while Barbie was all over my timeline for months

Just now, Laura Palmer said:

What’s a Rebel Moon? 

Screenshot-20240307-125054-Opera.jpg

i would say "more people have watched the first 2 minutes of the movie" cause netflix counts that as a view  :redface:

anyways barbie made 1.5B dollars. If you count an 8 dollars ticket price average globally (i think it's a good estimation cause the movie wasn't released on Imax and has a lot of tickets sold for the children) you got around 190M tickets sold. More than 160 M :ihype:

Edited by vale9001

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 1

i think he's having a meltdown of sorts

Edited by TROPICUM

• ATRL Moderator

Fewer people enjoyed watching it. 

Cameltoe Chariot

Zack Snyder is so incel-coded. Bragging about view count, but oblivious to how much WORSE that makes his film look since it made zero cultural impact :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

But what would all the people who watched barbie on HBO 

Well, Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston are the highest paid actors last year so maybe netflix has  a lot of viewers. 

To be fair, Barbie is aging badly. In retrospect, it wasn’t that great. Oppenheimer is gonna win best picture and will be the talk of film critics, film schools and cinephiles for the next 10 years.

• Thumbs Down 2

Did they?

5 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Zack Snyder is so incel-coded. Bragging about view count, but oblivious to how much WORSE that makes his film look since it made zero cultural impact :bibliahh:

• Like 6

Girl...

maybe more people put it on in the background while they did laundry or scrolled tik tok, but people going out their way to pay for a ticket in the theater is a much bigger deal :eli:

Cameltoe Chariot
6 minutes ago, Broken said:

Man, when Quentin is right about something he's SO f*cking right :rip: there is literally no weight to anything released solely on streaming.

I remember when I was a kid and film campaigns would last throughout the whole damn year, now it feels like the campaign cycle comes and goes in a week.

Zack to Greata: BULLET FRAGMENT FOOT B****! 

• Haha 3

this is why these streaming numbers will never live up to a box office hit

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.