• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

The next one is my failed 11 as in when I tried to give it one, the song still wouldn't touch the behemoths of the top 2, so I had to give it Carnation, which actually helped. Coming soon!

Damn this deserved Top 3 if not #1! I'm kinda regretting my score for another song. :deadbanana4:

but don't be mad at me now!

Little NishiNOsters: fauxtography (6)

britney.gif 

Going through my old iTunes files my most played Sheena songs seem to be a lot of non-singles like Shuukyou, Watashi no Aisuru Hito, Keikoku, Cappuccino and Yokushitsu interestingly but of course faves like Koko de Kiss Shite, Ishiki, Gips etc. rank highly as well but I thought my tastes would be more local than that :gaylorcat2:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Ishiki / 意識

8 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Meisai / 迷彩

tumblr_mb1jtl0FOU1r23ps8o3_r1_250.gif

• Haha 2

manifesting a honnou victory now, let me get on my stethoscope

ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Gips / ギブス

gips.png

Score: 9,03 Album: Shouso Strip

Big Sheensters: fauxtography, Kyle-x (11), mathekr, Suilen, Meloetta Carey, Antisocialites, confide in me, Invisibility (10)

Little NishiNOsters: madonnas (3,5), Curaga (5)

DON'T YOU THINK? I WANNA BE WITH YOU. No, not like this: Don't U θink? I B wiθ U. Queen of puns ( is wana, a trap in Japanese, and θ is a phonetic symbol for the voiceless th-sound, and as an English teacher, I wanted to drag her at first for inaccuracy, but it turns out that Americans tend to make it voiceless, and I've been taught and personally prefer the Bri'ish pronunciation, where it's generally voiced). Gips (aka cast for injuries for those who aren't familiar with German, although I'm familiar with the word because my language borrowed it from German) is one of music's peaks, I'm afraid. The lyrics are far from her most sophisticated and antiquated, but they work, and it's addressed to the same guy she devoted some other songs to. The song is about a troubled relationship where you both want different things and when it gets so nasty that you start to enjoy seeing your partner lose it (it's in the part where she compares herself to Courtney Love and her boyfriend to Kurt Cobain). According to Sheena, she didn't care much for Nirvana (a fellow queen who doesn't listen to men, I wish), but he did, so he probably got the reference (imagine being the subject matter of this masterpiece, I would've died of shame for having fumbled the queen). Another prominent theme is living here and now, which she encourages her partner to do so desperately. Sheena considers the song a ballad, but I guess we have different definitions of what a ballad is, though thematically it probably counts as one. The single was released on the same day as Tsumi to Batsu because Sheena and her team couldn't figure out which single to release first. Some people from the label weren't happy with the decision as they wanted Sheena to have more hits, but some thought that focusing on moving album sales would be wiser and help Sheena avoid the sellout allegations. In the end, the album side was right, as Shouso Strip has sold more than 2.5 million copies. And Gips ended up selling a million copies, too. The definition of talent winning!

AMIT is a bit of doubter, but not to a big extent: "the girlies were dunking on her before we even started and yeah it's marginally the worst out of the 3 singles and definitely did not deserve to step on the good sis Tsumi to Batsu the way it did, but I still live for this dramatic classic.” He already foresaw the stompage? Meloetta Carey is a big supporter of the song: "we love iconic, era-defining hits.” We truly do. madonnas's been a hater: "3.5 it's not that bad I just don't want it in the top ten.” Well, sabotage failed. The song might an OST to Kyle-x's life: "Plays in the romantic drama that goes on in my mind when I'm maladaptive daydreaming.” It plays in my mind when the gays don't do what I want them do, for instance, make comments to the rate.

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 3

amazing song, really great for when i was in the discovery phase with her music... buuuuuuut I don't adore it quite as much as my 10s? a nice 9.5 and a cute bronze medal for gips.

• Like 2

Deserved Top 2 with Honnou. I don't know a better 1-2 PUNCH. :chick3:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Little NishiNOsters: madonnas (3,5), Curaga (5)

the haters tried, but you just can't keep a queen from Saitama down

• Like 4

I mean can I be pressed if it's still top 3... well, yes! 

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

jazz shiina vs rock shiina for the top 2

spacer.png

• Like 1

Shouso Strip vs KSK, Japanese vs English, lust vs love, what prevailed in the end? We're going to find out soon!

• Like 1

this song is weirdly controversial amongst her fanbase from what I've seen, but I guess power rock ballads aren't for everyone. I do love it myself, but I think Tsumi to Batsu is a clear cut above and deserved its placement instead (sorry @Kyle-x :khalyan:). 

Honnou rightfully stomped though.

:clack:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Suilen said:

where she compares herself to Courtney Love

Does that make Tokyo Jihen her Hole? She would probably like the innuendo associated with that statement, I'm sure :ryan3:

• Haha 4

I JUST WANNA BE WITH YOU TONIIIIIIIIIIGHT

shouting-singing.gif

#Team本能

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I KNOW THAT YOU WANT TO BE IN MY BEEEED

shouting-singing.gif

#Team本能

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Subomie said:

shouting-singing.gif

#Team本能

PLEASE

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Subomie said:

shouting-singing.gif

#Team本能

zuttto zuttto ZUTTOOOOOOO

Mac And Me Wheelchair GIF - Mac And Me Wheelchair Cliff - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 2

We got this my fellow Shoso Strippers

8hn6rMR.png

• Haha 3

ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif

ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67f63610e726e4a2da393ec.gif

• Like 2

I love Stem, but let's see Hounnou take #1! 

0ed303ce3be957eeda9ed89c3333d9b01ee62834

• Like 2

intermission performance from another ***** known for the BOB!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

i think i'm the only little jazzster

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.