Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad this managed to make it so high :jonny: 

• Like 1

The next two eliminations are from the same album. Stay tuned!

no alberm write up for the fallen queen Sanmon Gossip? :ninja:

Anyways, for me it's a rather spotty album. There are some great songs like the singles, the last 3 closing tracks and the aforementioned 1-2 punch, but there are some low points like 二人ぼっち時間 and 色恋沙汰 (hi again, Neko-chan) (and I personally am of the Rock-Ringo part of her fanbase as opposed to Jazz-Ringo) so it's just not as consistent for me like her first 3 major records (which is not to downplay it entirely since those 3 are cream of the crop). I do enjoy some songs released after this album more than anything on it and we were robbed of a stellar title track that would have made the album more dearly to me. But overall I respect its place on her discography and we did get some greatness from it so I guess that's that on that!

379e0cfd64404397e441d011e5bc7ea58c62ea5b.gif

Edited by AMIT
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, AMIT said:

like this is an automatic ballot-in-the-bin troll score red flag MESS

@fauxtography you better not show your ass in here!

bTD0xIL.gif

23 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

this fauxtography b*tch is pissing me OFF rn

hdjsdhdh id go back in time and give it a 2!!!

Gips SUPREMACY 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

This could go left quickly for me I'm scared

Taylor Swift - 'Midnights' - Page 151 - Music - ATRL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

hm... it SHOULD be the non meisai-tracks from KSK but we shall see

5 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

Joint Slay | Know Your Meme

I've never seen this lmao but yes we twinning again and I love that for us.

ec32262d16a945c09463fd55ac8521b9d04135b4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMIT said:

Anyways, for me it's a rather spotty album. There are some great songs like the singles, the last 3 closing ttracks and the aforementioned 1-2 punch, but there are some low points like 二人ぼっち時間 and 色恋沙汰 (hi again, Neko-chan) (and I personally am of the Rock-Ringo part of her fanbase as opposed to Jazz-Ringo) so it's just not as consistent for me like her first 3 major records (which is not to downplay it entirely since those 3 are cream of the crop). I do enjoy some songs released after this album more than anythign on it and we were robbed of a stellar title track that would have made the album more dearly to me. But overall I respect its place on her discography and we did get some greatness from it so I guess that's that on that!

Well, no one really cared except for you the last time, so I decided not to, or it'd take me forever. But I did listen to it, and while you need to be in the mood for some of it, I did find a new appreciation for Mayakashi Yasaotoko and Yokyou, and Togatta Teguchi is forever a queen!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AMIT said:

Anyways, for me it's a rather spotty album. There are some great songs like the singles, the last 3 closing ttracks and the aforementioned 1-2 punch, but there are some low points like 二人ぼっち時間 and 色恋沙汰 (hi again, Neko-chan) (and I personally am of the Rock-Ringo part of her fanbase as opposed to Jazz-Ringo) so it's just not as consistent for me like her first 3 major records (which is not to downplay it entirely since those 3 are cream of the crop). I do enjoy some songs released after this album more than anythign on it and we were robbed of a stellar title track that would have made the album more dearly to me. But overall I respect its place on her discography and we did get some greatness from it so I guess that's that on that!

The way 二人ぼっち時間 and 色恋沙汰 are two of my favs from that album :ghostface:

• Haha 2

Zero Chiten Kara is my personal fave from Sanmon :bird:

• Like 1

Just now, Kyle-x said:

Zero Chiten Kara is my personal fave from Sanmon :bird:

Yes, I like that one too, experimental queen. :bird:

Ishiki / 意識

ishiki.png

Score: 8,7 Album: Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana

Big Sheensters: Curaga, fauxtography, Kyle-x (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Ewan Chaos (6,5) – saved me by that 0,5 from appearing again

The first proper KSK single is here at last (well, it wasn't released separately, but we're all pretending it was for the sake of the album's representation). 'Ishiki' means consciousness, but that's not all. On the single, its full name is Ishiki ~Senko Saidaikyuu no Boufuuu Kennai Kashou~, which can be roughly translated as Consciousness ~A song within the range of the most devastating post-war storm~, which was inspired by the fact that there was a storm near the recording studio while Sheena was working on the song. Seems like an exaggeration to me, but I wasn't there. Ishiki appears to be Sheena's reflection on her newfound motherhood, but from a position when she was a child/teen herself (hence her asking herself whether becoming a mother would make her suffering finally go away, and she was already a mother at that point). Some interesting titbits include a reference to Meisai, the other b-side from the single, and Sheena referring to herself as a 'mixed' child. There isn't much information on her parents, so I couldn't find in what way exactly she could be mixed (Ainu heritage???), but maybe it's not that deep, doesn't reflect her actual biography or isn't about her ancestry at all. As is the case with all KSK singles, I prefer Ishiki's album version, sorry.

Curaga is amazed by the storm-inspired production: "Really amazing composition on this one. It's just so cool-sounding!” AMIT seems to somewhat agree with me, so maybe he won't murder me: "not quite as good as the other two from the same single, but still great on its own! the slowed down part of the single version is interesting, but I think I prefer the album version anyway.” madonnas is a single version believer: "meanwhile, the single edit enhances this one.” Kyle-x wants to break the rules again due to the cinematography of it all: "A whole movie plays out in the production of this song, would be my second 11 if allowed!”

• Like 4

I was on Sanmon before this rate happened and Heisei Fuzoku is my favorite overall Shiina album so . . . :gayoncecat2:

That middle pic eats :jonny: cheekbones queen

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

which was inspired by the fact that there was a storm near the recording studio while Sheena was working on the song. Seems like an exaggeration to me, but I wasn't there.

:ahh:

• Like 1

a CLASSIC 

• Like 1

top ten worthy, but it was her time I fear

I think I might just prefer the album mix too, sisters...

• Like 1

I guess I should be happy it made top 5, but after my 11 got obliterated, this was my choice for #1

5b00041d633e1e5ab80f57b65bdb0e602d26f767.gif

@Kyle-x spitting FACTS :clap3:

"A whole movie plays out in the production of this song, would be my second 11 if allowed!”

• Like 1

A great jam, the flute is so interesting and also kinda eerie. The progression of the song is knda lost a bit on the single version, but it ain't bad!

Edited by AMIT

7 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Little NishiNOsters: Ewan Chaos (6,5) – saved me by that 0,5 from appearing again

you becoming the rate villain of your own top ten. what's going on, mama?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Meisai / 迷彩

meisai.png

Score: 8,76 Album: Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana

Big Sheensters: Subomie, madonnas (11) mathekr, AMIT (10)

Little NishiNOsters: fauxtography (6)

Good things come in twos, or so they say. Meisai is ishiki's sister in many ways, including their single and album placements and cross-references. The single version also possesses the subtitle of ~A song within the range of the most devastating post-war storm~, as she was recording both songs during that storm, apparently. Meisai means a disguise or a camouflage, and the song is about escaping to a distant town with a loved one with hopes of retiring there, only to discover that you actually don't like it there and regret your choices. Of course, coming back isn't an option, and you have to 'disguise' your real feelings not to disappoint your partner (it's my understanding of the overall context, not just the lyrics). She also refers to her consciousness as 'sand-like' so here you have your reference (first it's a dimension, then it's an organ). While I prefer the album version, this one is pretty nice, too, and my favorite out of the three singles.

Ewan Chaos seems interested in some feline play with miss Sheena: "GROWL BITC.” AMIT thinks that one's camouflage is edible: "both video and song are top tier, whew she ate that.” madonnas is a huge fan: "I mean this is just objectively a perfect song, no notes.” Subomie drags AMIT's fave Joanne while praising the song to high heaven: "It's the way she pivoted to a different genre while keeping things so weirdly creative and always interesting for me. Tell me a western pop girl is going jazz and I just KNOW we're getting a no-effort album of her covering some standards, but she made me actually give a damn about a jazz song. Ms Ringo is unmatched, someone get Stefani in here to take some notes.”

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

now hold ON

9b7k.gif

• Haha 3

Not my favorite from Semen but still a great song. Kinda too high, though.

9b7k.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.