Ariana Grande - "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"

kyliefever2002

One of the most sentimental bangers ever?!

Ari really learned from the film industry. The MV delivered the song like a f*cking movie, I'm still in shock.

• Like 4

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• ariananext

• Blue Monday

• duybeeGAshantiGA

4 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

this reminded me of Taylor’s Style 

y’all mad but this was a compliment. It has that trendy 80s lite production that Style and a bunch of other songs like Nick Jonas’ Jealous have 

• Confused 1

cute song, but not single material. 

The video is cute too

Edited by unclefloprry

I really need to listen to that Robyn song. I only know Calum Scott's version and it's a ballad.

This deserves to smash along with supernatural and the boy is mine

• Thanks 1

Not me watching the video and crying like a ******* mess in the middle of the gym :rip:

This is such a Taylor Swift song. Its pretty but boring after a few listens.. there are way better songs on eternal sunshine that deserve a video

I just noticed she says:

"Can I keep this one, please?"

sad.gif

That zoom-in of her on the couch watching her memories being played on TV with no recollection of the moments she spent with him...

Screenshot-2024-03-09-at-10-49-07-AM.png

tumblr_oewqu7ZsW11ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Edited by RIKI232
  • Like 1

The MV did make me teary:monkey: 

Excellent song and MV :heart:

1 hour ago, RIKI232 said:

I just noticed she says:

"Can I keep this one, please?"

sad.gif

That zoom-in of her on the couch watching her memories being played on TV with no recollection of the moments she spent with him...

Screenshot-2024-03-09-at-10-49-07-AM.png

tumblr_oewqu7ZsW11ql5yr7o1_500.gif

i was trying to figure out what she says

Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

y’all mad but this was a compliment. It has that trendy 80s lite production that Style and a bunch of other songs like Nick Jonas’ Jealous have 

I think love me harder started that trend no?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

keep them lame ass compliments to yourself.

This already stands proudly right there with NTLTC as my favourite song of hers. <3

this is such an amazing song, so sentimental :heart2:

• Like 1

See when you deliver Art and Pop

6 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Taylor’s Style, Nick’s Jealous, Tove Lo’s True Disaster, Carly’s Your Type, Ari’s Love Me Harder, Gaga’s Do What You Want etc… and yes, Trustfall too.

It’s that thick brassy throbbing synth which makes all these song sound related… but Robyn truly brought this sound back into the fold in 2010 with DOMO

Even still, this song is so darn excellent regardless of originality (or lack there of)

Oh and I also sobbed watching the video :chick3:

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, thirdward said:

I think love me harder started that trend no?

Dancing On My Own did. Robyn said in an interview how Max Martin (they started their careers together and are long time friends) was asked to make new Dancing On My Own from female artists (Ariana’s Love Me Harder, Taylor’s Style, probably Lorde’s Green Light when she asked him about it, etc.):

“He told me: ‘So whenever I have a female artist come into my studio, they usually put your album on the table, and they’re like: “I wanna make this!”” I don’t know who he meant. But he said that’s happened quite a lot, and that he’s like: ‘Well, **** you, go and work with her then!’ Which I thought was very sweet.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2018/sep/28/how-robyn-transformed-pop-music-honey

• Like 2

Just now, Draper. said:

Dancing On My Own did. Robyn said in an interview how Max Martin (they started their careers together and are long time friends) was asked to make new Dancing On My Own from female artists (Ariana’s Love Me Harder, Taylor’s Style, probably Lorde’s Green Light when she asked him about it, etc.):

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2018/sep/28/how-robyn-transformed-pop-music-honey

ohhh yes obviously robyn did it first :dies:

but that makes sense why love me harder and style were released the same year 

3 minutes ago, Draper. said:

I forgot he said this! Makes perfect sense.

And to be fair if I was a pop girl working with Max Martin, Dancing On My Own would be on my mood board too…

:ryan3:

I love this song. Still won't beat Breathin, but it's in my Top 2 for sure. 

2 hours ago, Prodigal Self said:

keep them lame ass compliments to yourself.

suck my dick

10 hours ago, Communion said:

I genuinely had the same reaction and was so taken aback that the scene started to make me cry. :redface:

same reaction. the video invoked such a strong feeling which the movie never could for me :weeps:

I absolutely adore this song. It's honest,heartfelt and sincere. It's gorgeous . I'll take sad bops from Ari over 7 Rings and Break free or Problem any day.

This exists in the same Ariana universe as One Last Time and Breathin. It's the best song of the three but it's not a universe I care for personally so it is what it is. It's a solid pop song

It does make total sense as a single, both from a radio friendly perspective after yes and? underperformed and from a PR point of view. And this is clearly a sound people want from her looking at the numbers her remixes for The Weeknd are pulling. I do prefer The Boy Is Mine (and it's getting more initial attention in general) but two cvnty "idc that you call me a homewrecker" singles in a row probably wouldn't work too well. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.