Ariana Grande - "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"

kyliefever2002

Such a beautiful video. I couldn’t hold back the tears when she started crying - my heart :heart2:

• Like 2

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• ariananext

• Blue Monday

• duybeeGAshantiGA

14 minutes ago, Shazbaz13 said:

Such a beautiful video. I couldn’t hold back the tears when she started crying - my heart :heart2:

My heart is crying rn. I feel you.

• Like 1

this is pop perfection and the video actually made me cry and i never really cry:gaycat7:

• Like 3

This was my favorite on first few listens and the video elevated even more. So incredibly cathartic and it has insane replay value. :weeps: 

It's not screaming "smash hit" to me, but I'm so glad she decided to push it. It sounds like something that could do well on radio. I also neeeeeed an extended/acapella/instrumental EP soon because they're so gorgeous :jonny5:

• Like 1

this reminded me of Taylor’s Style 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Y'all I just watched the video and I am full on ugly crying. This project just hit me in the best way.

• Like 2

her best music video

It’s giving me Dancing On My Own 2.0 vibes and I am ******* living!!! One of my favorites from the album for sure. I haven’t seen the video yet but I’ll check it out in a bit. 

• Like 1

This video was so vulnerable and beautiful. It really tugged at my heart strings. Made me appreciate and like the song alot more 

Edited by ToraeGilt
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

okay I might be dumb but what does the line "you cling to your papers and pens" mean? I don't get the context. 

9 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

This is what I was stuck on too and it’s because the actual song and lyrics are about the media painting her as a home wrecker and saying stuff lol but her still wanting them to like her. But the video is a tribute to the movie

I think it's because Dalton is a real estate agent which involves a lot of paper works. She might be alluding to him prioritizing his job over her. 

2 hours ago, Ger said:

Yeah, that part broke me, her acting was so real and effective.

Or maybe she was not acting at all. It was a real pain she experienced at that moment they filmed that scene. :cries:

• Like 1

Gosh this song and video were EXCELLENT. eternal sunshine the album screams instant classic. Well done Ari

I love it and i love ARI but it sounds just like Trustfall no ?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jude said:

I think it's because Dalton is a real estate agent which involves a lot of paper works. She might be alluding to him prioritizing his job over her. 

Yep, this is how I interpreted that line too!

I love seeing Evan in the music video. Makes me appreciate the song more

1 hour ago, Jude said:

yeah that’s how i interpreted it as well. she did mention that people would have multiple interpretations of it but the music video would make the point clear so i think it’s mainly focused and written abt dalton since that’s the whole story of the MV but i think she did leave it open on purpose so people could read the song in different ways

I just can't get past how much this sounds like P!nk's Trustfall :toofunny3: It actually made me go and listen to that whole album :dies: (it's a fantastic and hugely underrated song so I'm not complaining... kinda wish it would go viral because of this, I think it's the superior of the two)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

yeah that’s how i interpreted it as well. she did mention that people would have multiple interpretations of it but the music video would make the point clear so i think it’s mainly focused and written abt dalton since that’s the whole story of the MV but i think she did leave it open on purpose so people could read the song in different ways

Okay this makes way more sense lol. I kind of didn’t love that it was about the media? Because why would she wait for their love haha. Such a crazy vulnerable song though 

This really is immaculate. The whole soundscape matches the aesthetic of the album p e r f e c t l y. The light synths at 0:22-0:23 relax my mind. Her voice is so clear and comes across so vulnerable. It’s sad, but at the same time feels like acceptance. The outro 🥺 

And then I saw the video. I’m not even a massive Ariana fan (I do like a good amount), but it tug at my heart strings more than a MV has in a long time. 

I hope this does well, great second single and captures the vibe of the album much better than Yes, And?. 

• Like 3

this music video is dope

27 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

I just can't get past how much this sounds like P!nk's Trustfall :toofunny3: It actually made me go and listen to that whole album :dies: (it's a fantastic and hugely underrated song so I'm not complaining... kinda wish it would go viral because of this, I think it's the superior of the two)

So this is just the third remake of Dancing On My Own? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I knew it! I still love it though. This song better end up a single. 

I genuinely had the same reaction and was so taken aback that the scene started to make me cry. :redface:

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.