Chlöe - "FYS"

sam.teas

Loving the snippet. Even if you don't like her songs you have to admit that she's excellent at recording vocals.

• Like 1

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• Dottie Hinkle

• Automatic

• nooniebao

4 hours ago, nooniebao said:

The doubling down on the aspects of her persona that people didn’t seem to resonate with during her debut is certainly interesting.

She was charting when people kept complaining about her persona. She already tried watering it down with in pieces and it didn't do anything for her.

• Like 2

I really like the snippet was hoping for something upbeat but I'll give it a pass cause it's still winter

why is so much of the melody just one note (literally)

tiffany-pollard-new-york.gif

2 hours ago, Dottie Hinkle said:

She was charting when people kept complaining about her persona. She already tried watering it down with in pieces and it didn't do anything for her.

Most of her success came before her image got to its current state. That lollipop video at the end of 2021 was the real shift in the wrong direction and that was after Have Mercy peaked. Treat Me managed to chart months later but the song was too polarizing and people already saw her as corny by then

But I do agree she should release the music she wants. At least the droplets had more personality than In Pieces

Edited by monologueNacafe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, monologueNacafe said:

Most of her success came before her image got to its current state. That lollipop video at the end of 2021 was the real shift in the wrong direction and that was after Have Mercy peaked. Treat Me managed to chart months later but the song was too polarizing and people already saw her as corny by then

But I do agree she should release the music she wants. At least the droplets had more personality than In Pieces

People were complaining about her image from the moment she started her solo ig account and the reaction to Have Mercy was negative online. They complained about her being sexualized, cringeworthy, and corny. 

People want to be revisionist about Have Mercy now and claim they were fine with her image during that era.

I agree the lollipop video tipped everything over but the problem is when she listened to all the criticism we got in pieces, which had some good moments but was ultimately watered down. I think enough time has passed to say lyricism isn't Chloe's strength but production is, she's better off making more electronic fun songs like HM, TM and FYS than trying to be the pseudo-deep rnb artist people keep hoping she will turn into.

• Like 4

• ATRL Moderator

That snippet is cute but… if the chorus is just 15 seconds how long will the song be? :rip: 

she needed a banger and this is not it... BUT it doesn't sound bad either 

• Like 1

the clean version should be "Know Your Status" so she can get a cute Descovy check

is this a global or local release? 

love the snippet :jonny6:

19 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

is this a global or local release? 

Local release. It's cute, I love the bridge.

This is incredibly cunty. Chlöe you will always be famous. 

I'm guessing no video will be dropping tonight also?

Edited by GeminiCat

Another Chloe x Halle project would be amazing. Chloe solo does nothing for me unfortunately. Maybe this one will be better though, she's really talented

It’s alright. Not much growth from In Pieces, hope it’s just a promo or droplet 

It's giving cute buzz single and I'm into it. LOVE how she sounds with a vocoder.

its cute

will be going on the playlist

idk if the song will make any noise tho lol

Song is good. Hook and song title is def my least fav part. Sounds like a continuation sonically of like pray it away, but def gives more like fire album track than a single. 

kudos to her tho. + the song isn’t 30 seconds this time. 

Its trash. Im sick of her tryna be one of the r&b girls with slow music when the gp has clearly been more into her have mercy/treat me vibe.

Upbeat, pop urban sound is what she should be doing.

Halle is the one that excells with slow songs and vocals because of her image

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.