Britney Spears - “I Have Nothing”

Jeremiah

Apparently this woman bought the cassette containing Britney’s cover of “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston that was used for her auditions to record labels.

Edited by Jeremiah
  • Like 1

SEÑORA SIENTO TU PRESENCIA!

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

that isn't britney. that's helen keller

Ok Britney Houston :clap3:

• Haha 2

BG9hRl.gif

• Haha 13

She had nothing but a cassette recorder and a dream. :clap3:

That cover is not good… I’m glad they re directed her to music she could sing. Thankfully she got signed and gave us bop after bop for a decade straight 

• Thanks 1

:rip:

sounds like AI under a filter 

I think she sounds great. Lots of solid good moments 

• Like 1

spacer.png

x3

Jokes aside, there are some genuinely great vocal moments here (for a majority of the cover, rather). Yeah, okay she strained at some parts, big deal for a 15-year-old budding singer :rip:

Edited by Blackout2006

7 hours ago, Eat The Acid said:

That cover is not good… I’m glad they re directed her to music she could sing. Thankfully she got signed and gave us bop after bop for a decade straight 

You're glad that the label made her create the 'baby voice' ,she destroyed her real voice with the fake technique,she was struggling to perform LIVE so she used playback. No ,I'm not glad about it... 

Edited by Sweetestsecret

most recognizable and iconic voice this century

britney-spears-concert.gif

The way she dissed this demo in an interview:ahh:

edit:

but srsly, listening to some of the songs she sung at that time - she had so much better material to send

:shakeno:

Edited by Rev8
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

edit:

but srsly, listening to some of the songs she sung at that time - she had so much better material to send

We NEED the Toni Braxton reject, “Today”.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

edit:

I've noticed this pattern while watching some of her early interviews: she is always being waaaaaaaay too humble and diminishing her career and accolades.

at first sight, it's not a bad thing, but it really shows her low self-esteem. I wish she would have believed more in herself.

8 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

You're glad that the label made her create the 'baby voice' ,she destroyed her real voice with the fake technique,she was struggling to perform LIVE so she used playback. No ,I'm not glad about it... 

There's literally 0% evidence that the label made her create the so-called "baby voice", and in fact Britney's book basically debunks that conspiracy theory, as she talks about being inspired by Soft Cell's Tainted Love to use more vocal fry in her tone and that she liked the way it sounded. The idea that she was somehow forced to sing like that is total nonsense :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love Britney but chile…. :rip: i mean i guess it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things because she got signed and the rest is history. they could’ve kept this in the vault tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.