Spotify: "Training Season" Day 9 #19 (-2) 2.8M WW, #51 (-6) 547k US, #16 (-2) 222k UK

Lovett

21 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

is she over? :rip:

Best New Artist curse?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Bosque

• IBeMe

• liquiddiamonds

She will rise. She always does.

The little instrumental part right after the chorus gets really jarring, ngl. It sounded a bit better live. I wonder if that’s turning some listeners away too. 

Is there a single Dua song that started off smashing? I can't name one. I understand that the more her career progresses, so grows the expectation for her songs to pull A-list numbers off the bat, but if she's literally never had that type of run, maybe don't expect her to? Maybe this is her Sweetener, not her TUN

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

Is there a single Dua song that started off smashing? I can't name one. I understand that the more her career progresses, so grows the expectation for her songs to pull A-list numbers off the bat, but if she's literally never had that type of run, maybe don't expect her to? Maybe this is her Sweetener, not her TUN

Don’t start now was pretty big from the start in UK and EU.

i think people are overreacting, this will likely be huge in Europe just like Physical a few years back. I think one should compare TS’s to Physicals which debuted at #12 in UK and took weeks to peak at #3. I think Training Season has the potential to do a similar performance.

She can naturally smash in the US in weeks/months or even after album release with a different song tbh , but they should focus on EU/UK

• Like 4

Yall are :rip: she used to debut low then rise cause she was unknown. Shes known now, ppl just don’t **** with those songs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PMM said:

Best New Artist curse?

:rip: what a ridiculous question

Can she release actual bops please? This song and video were NOT worth the hype, and we all know she can do better.

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

It’s kinda weird how she started tanking once Spotify announced the payola fine thing. Very interesting to say the least. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 2/19/2024 at 3:21 AM, Jude said:

She will rise. She always does.

SHES RISING AGAIN, DUALLAH SUPREMACY

• Thanks 1

Maybe people just don't like dance records this year? Yes and, this and Houdini all kinda falling off after big debuts 

On 2/19/2024 at 3:13 PM, Kimi said:

Yall are :rip: she used to debut low then rise cause she was unknown. Shes known now, ppl just don’t **** with those songs.

She doesnt really have a hardcore fanbase like other artists though tbh, her fans are more casual. 

This thread is just crickets today, why?  :duck:

WW: #15 (=) – 3,395,923

US: #33 (+1) – 692,468

UK: #13 (+1) – 256,509

• Like 5

Will this be the Bon Appetit of the era? 

27 minutes ago, spiritboy said:

Will this be the Bon Appetit of the era? 

please :rip:

it is holding up better than holdini during its first week and the stability with growth is promising. they should start pushing more performances now in the US to give the song a fair shot at exposure and not only when it’s out of the top 50 like they did to Houdini…

WW: #14 (+1) – 3,441,556

US: #32 (+1) – 713,234

UK: #12 (+1) – 248,592

• Like 5

USA needs to wake up!!! 

If only USA was on board

WW: #15 (-1) – 3,340,758

US: #34 (-2) – 684,669

UK: #14 (-2) – 238,359

I think it’s pretty consistent? I prefer Houdini but this kept growing on me, great song to listen to when driving to be honest.

13 minutes ago, Lovett said:

WW: #15 (-1) – 3,340,758

US: #34 (-2) – 684,669

UK: #14 (-2) – 238,359

consistent but its so annoying the US is not on board this era. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.