Puntería predicted to debut at #74 Hot 100

#7 TQG

#9 Music Session 53

#55 El Jefe 
#65 Monotonía 

#67 Te Felicito 

#74 Puntería (Prediction) 

#84 Acróstico 

considering everything, this is her biggest flop single ever. It had promo, playlists, album announcement, cardi b, some radio payola, and… only #74? :biblionny:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

a mess 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her only single from this era to not chart on the Hot 100 is Copa Vacia

#7 TQG

#9 Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53

#55 El Jefe

#65 Monotonía

#67 Te Felicito

#74 Punteria (prediction)

#84 Acróstico

Copa Vacia N/A

I am not surprised. The song is such a wasted opportunity for a Cardi collab. She needs to move away from this outdated, basic electropop sound ASAP!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Yellowfever said:

considering everything, this is her biggest flop single ever. It had promo, playlists, album announcement, cardi b, some radio payola, and… only #74? :biblionny:

Oh please. As if Cardi is getting massive hits right now  :skull: 

#74 is not that bad for a spanish song, especially considering that are 17 Future/Metro Boomin' songs debuting higher because of his album bomb. Not to mention Olivia Rodrigo's new songs from her re-release

I wonder what some of you would say about Illegal failing to chart on the Hot 100 the same year she got the biggest hit of her career  :dies: 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Green said:

Her only single from this era to not chart on the Hot 100 is Copa Vacia

#7 TQG

#9 Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53

#55 El Jefe

#65 Monotonía

#67 Te Felicito

#74 Punteria (prediction)

#84 Acróstico

Copa Vacia N/A

copa vacia had zero promo though. 

20 minutes ago, Green said:

Oh please. As if Cardi is getting massive hits right now  :skull: 

#74 is not that bad for a spanish song, especially considering that are 17 Future/Metro Boomin' songs debuting higher because of his album bomb. Not to mention Olivia Rodrigo's new songs from her re-release

I wonder what some of you would say about Illegal failing to chart on the Hot 100 the same year she got the biggest hit of her career  :dies: 

cardi's single "Enough" is literally top 10 on the hot 100 this week, let's be for real. It's not a massive single but she's far from flopping. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Yellowfever said:

copa vacia had zero promo though. 

cardi's single "Enough" is literally top 10 on the hot 100 this week, let's be for real. It's not a massive single but she's far from flopping. 

Cardi's hip hop fanbase doesn't care about a song like Punteria and Cardi had to fight for that top 10 debut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green said:

Cardi's hip hop fanbase doesn't care about a song like Punteria 

Shakira's fanbase and the GP didn't care either  :coffee2: 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Puntería - Predicted to be debut at 74 on Hot 100

Anybody thinking she's gonna get another top 10 global hit or top 10 in u.s….really? Latin charts maybe, clearly the focus right now is gonna be promo and then the tour. We are lucky we are getting so many videos this era.

im pretty sure cohete, will do better if done right. For summer could be a hit.

• Like 2

I'm honestly disappointed that Puntería is flopping. I'm obsessed with it. I did think it was basic when I first heard it, and it is basic but it does a good job at being basic. It's fun and catchy - I keep singing it around the house.

And she has sold it with those performances. She looks like she's having lots of fun and I love the visual aesthetic of the performances. So yeah it's a shame - I don't know much about the U.S. charts in regard to non-English songs but I assume since it's in Spanish that it was never really going to do that great?

I would take an English album but her recent English output has been beyond terrible, sorry. Girl Like Me is awful but can be fun in an ironic way, but Don't Wait Up and Don't You Worry are something else.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

I'm honestly disappointed that Puntería is flopping. I'm obsessed with it. I did think it was basic when I first heard it, and it is basic but it does a good job at being basic. It's fun and catchy - I keep singing it around the house.

And she has sold it with those performances. She looks like she's having lots of fun and I love the visual aesthetic of the performances. So yeah it's a shame - I don't know much about the U.S. charts in regard to non-English songs but I assume since it's in Spanish that it was never really going to do that great?

I would take an English album but her recent English output has been beyond terrible, sorry. Girl Like Me is awful but can be fun in an ironic way, but Don't Wait Up and Don't You Worry are something else.

Don't wait up is very underrated. It is actually one of her songs in English that make more sense.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

She keeps going back to her 2012 scrapped album, that's why girl like me and don't you worry sound like that, they just included Farruko on the remix to make it sound "fresh" lol

I just hope she goes into the English era while she's on the road or something instead of releasing old stuff. rearranging old demos it's so obvious.

fully Spanish material might work for bunny or Karol, not you mamita, you're a crossover artist. people are still interested in your English material. Nostalgia act whatever you wanna call it, the demand is there. English material next please. 

watch us get English version of puntería next week. :gaycat6:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sometimes i feel like Shakira has lost her confidence in english or gremlin verde and all her advisors tell her.....she's is successful enough with spanish music, so she doesnt need english. 

Of course if she releases english music we need some quality. Dont You Worry-Girl Like Me-Dont Wait Up were not good. Even me who's a big big fan of her english music i was dissapointed, Still i listen to those more than her reggaeton releases :foxaylove2:

Dont You worry-Gilr like me were bad cause they were produced by William. He's sweet but his productions are just not it.  He was great in his peak years 2004-2006....but now? Thanks but no thanks dahling.

Dont wait Up. I have mixed opinions about the producer of this song. He has amazing tracks like Dont Start Now and some others but he also has some really bad productions/fillers........
Her maximal productions are usually the better ones.
At the same time sometimes i feel like Shakira stripped the magic of this song just for the sake of appealing to tiktok. She thought. Ok lemme give them a basic tiktok song and tiktok dance, they will eat it up :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BOOM! said:

I am not surprised. The song is such a wasted opportunity for a Cardi collab. She needs to move away from this outdated, basic electropop sound ASAP!

Shakira makes me scream cause she gets a chance to work with these big urban female artists but instead of releasing the music we expect with them
Urban dance / R&B flavored......

She ends up  doin weird experiments with them 
CANT REMEMBER TO FORGET YOU (Rock-Reggae) PUNTERIA (Electropop)

I wonder if Shaki is releasing EDM influenced music cause is more prominent in latinoamerica today, she's tired of only releasing reggaeton, 
or maybe the success of session 53-te felicito-bizarrap influenced the album???????  or maybe that synthpop wave from the 2020s. 

Is punteria more electropop or synthpop???? what yll think?  feels like a  mixture of both.
cohete feels very funky-synthpop? la fuerte feels more techno-european electrehouse to me. 

Shaki should experiment is with Disco Music. She grew up with Donna Summer and a disco song with tropical touches would be so hot
She Wolf is a Disco Influenced song

Disco is still rumblin in the charts and i know she could make some magic with it.  Her Flowers?

Edited by AvadaKedavra

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Sometimes i feel like Shakira has lost her confidence in english or gremlin verde and all her advisors tell her.....she's is successful enough with spanish music, so she doesnt need english. 

Of course if she releases english music we need some quality. Dont You Worry-Girl Like Me-Dont Wait Up were not good. Even me who's a big big fan of her english music i was dissapointed, Still i listen to those more than her reggaeton releases :foxaylove2:

Dont You worry-Gilr like me were bad cause they were produced by William. He's sweet but his productions are just not it.  He was great in his peak years 2004-2006....but now? Thanks but no thanks dahling.

Dont wait Up. I have mixed opinions about the producer of this song. He has amazing tracks like Dont Start Now and some others but he also has some really bad productions/fillers........
Her maximal productions are usually the better ones.
At the same time sometimes i feel like Shakira stripped the magic of this song just for the sake of appealing to tiktok. She thought. Ok lemme give them a basic tiktok song and tiktok dance, they will eat it up :giraffe:

Everyone seems to forget she released a full english album with great quality a decade ago, and flopped terribly, the US music industry is ageist, that's the reason Bad Bunny and Karol G are huge and she is not anymore. She knows her best chance to keep being succesful is with spanish music. 

• Confused 1

I've always sensed that the Anglo audience doesn't quite embrace Shakira as much. She tends to be viewed as somewhat exotic and unfamiliar or people want her just to sing in Spanish and stay in that bubble even if she's offerin them something new with albums like "SHE WOLF" "ORAL FIXATION VOL 2", this is often tinged with xenophobia. In contrast, singers like Taylor Swift are meticulously tailored, almost scientifically calibrated lol to resonate with the American and white audience aka the majority of rich countries. She's just so so white white and typical american :gaycat6: lol.  I think her success is not something unexpected. Of course there's nothing bad with that. I love Tay. I just feel like she's an easier product to market than Shakira.  I dont if yll get my point.  And of course. Americans will favor their own artists over the ones from different countries. This is one of my explanations of why is so hard for Shakira to have succes with english music. I actually think is very very impresive how she was not a ONE ERA WONDER with laundry. She's an anomaly.

Living in the third world, I've observed how people from poorer countries are often seen as expendable in the First World, while there's a strong sense of mutual respect among many North Americans or Western Europeans. They see themselves as equal and then the rest.....Even within the fan pop communities, Shakira is frequently underlooked, with other divas and some non-factors taking the spotlight . Thankfully, we always strive to support her and show how impressive is her career. I think is very important for us to keep defending her here :gaycat1: Just giving some thoughts. Not factual. Open to change them. Love to have discussions with yll :gaycat3:

Yes. Shaki probably realized Spanish Music is the best way to have success and she's stickin with it and the formula is workin. Hope she realizes how her english music could help her to reach more audiences too. She just needs to take the right decisions. Right producers. The right people and genres. Honestly i want her now to have feats with prominent male artists like

THE WEEKEND-BIEBER-BRUNO MARS-JUNGJOOK....Stars in that vibe :gaycat2: 
Female collabs too but with big names
Im done with the basic collabs with reggaeton artists too but i wonder if its the only way to keep sustaining her success in LAT
Bad Bunny is flopping lately. I wonder if Shakira will help him to reach success again. 
Once he takes some humble pie he will realize a collab from both would put them in the top of the charts again :giraffe:
Personally dont want it but u never know......

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

Everyone seems to forget she released a full english album with great quality a decade ago, and flopped terribly, the US music industry is ageist, that's the reason Bad Bunny and Karol G are huge and she is not anymore. She knows her best chance to keep being succesful is with spanish music. 

great quality? a decade ago? are you talking about shakira dot?

Oh please we're on the 8th single. Just let it do its thing. (Entre paréntesis) will end up being bigger anyway. 

• Thanks 2

Ultima

Cómo, Dónde y Cuándo

Tiempo Sin Verte

are my top 3

(Entre Paréntesis), Nassau and Cohete are great as well..

Punteria and Copa Vacia on the other side..

she is in Miami 

• Like 1

I'm worried for the tour. Everything it's been a flop :monkey:

she's going to be eclipsed by others announcements 

3 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

You mean Shakira the album ?

Its literally her worst album, Empire is the only good song and shame she didn't write it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Giancor said:

I'm worried for the tour. Everything it's been a flop :monkey:

she's going to be eclipsed by others announcements 

She keeps on skipping obvious opportunities to make announcements. I don't know why she thinks waiting and waiting will help her. The album launch showed that it actually backfired. 

She should have announced the tour at the Latin Grammys or during the VMAs. She's going to announce the tour randomly, probably on the week Taylor releases an album. 

4 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Shakira makes me scream cause she gets a chance to work with these big urban female artists but instead of releasing the music we expect with them
Urban dance / R&B flavored......

She ends up  doin weird experiments with them 
CANT REMEMBER TO FORGET YOU (Rock-Reggae) PUNTERIA (Electropop)

I wonder if Shaki is releasing EDM influenced music cause is more prominent in latinoamerica today, she's tired of only releasing reggaeton, 
or maybe the success of session 53-te felicito-bizarrap influenced the album???????  or maybe that synthpop wave from the 2020s. 

Is punteria more electropop or synthpop???? what yll think?  feels like a  mixture of both.
cohete feels very funky-synthpop? la fuerte feels more techno-european electrehouse to me. 

Shaki should experiment is with Disco Music. She grew up with Donna Summer and a disco song with tropical touches would be so hot
She Wolf is a Disco Influenced song

Disco is still rumblin in the charts and i know she could make some magic with it.  Her Flowers?

To be fair, it's actually smart that most of the album is electro pop since she started with Te Felicito, there's not many latin females doing electro pop - mostly just reggaeton. It keeps her still very distinguishable and not in the same lane as Karol G as she's in her peak.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.