Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

7 hours ago, LatinFreak said:

Yeah the problem isn't lipsynching so much.. Its the fact that she's so obviously BAD at it. Also she should record "live" versions of the backtrack  so they don't sounds exactly like in the album and so she's not looking dumb playbacking to some parts that have obvious vocal effects. 

Agreed. Lipping isn't even that bad, especially if you're doing choreo. But at least put effort in a nice pre-recorded track and practice the lipping vs. lipping along badly to the CD-track.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

Don't know how legit this is yet but... 

5 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

Nope she didn't, but is ATRL so anything she does people crucify her for it.

the nerve ? are we watching the same performances by her peers ? Cause I've seen usher and JT singing over pre recorded tracks this decade, they just do it better that's all. 

She hasn't lost her voice and has proved she can still sing live ballads and rock songs except acróstico don't know what that mess was about, but I guess is scared to damage her vocal chords again

, but yes somebody needs to coach her on signing over pre recorded tracks so it doesn't look obvious like JT Usher and J Lo  and half the industry. :coffee2:

Usher sang completely live at the Superbowl, you can clearly hear him panting near the end of the show. 

You're all pathetic trying to discredit other artists to make excuses for her lame lip-synching. Stop being such a blind stan. She clearly lip synchs more than anyone else in her era except for Britney who doesn't even perform anymore. 

It's not a good look for her and she can do way better, its not like anyone is asking her to sing an opera. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Am I the only one who thinks that the pre-release singles actually fit in really well with the new songs? A good bunch of the older songs carry a lot of electronic elements that the newer songs all have and it's not as playlist-sounding as El Dorado sometimes was :emofish:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Up to 50 million sof ar this week :clap:

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Quicksand said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the pre-release singles actually fit in really well with the new songs? A good bunch of the older songs carry a lot of electronic elements that the newer songs all have and it's not as playlist-sounding as El Dorado sometimes was :emofish:

They do but the tracklist should've been different.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

They do but the tracklist should've been different.

I actually really like that they're split into their own sections instead of intertwined! They both feel like a different section of her life since El Dorado. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quicksand said:

And the main theme of the album has its climax in the sequence Felicito - Monotonia - S53 - TQG - Acrostico. It's clearly 5 pieces of the same story. They all are songs intended to this project lyrically and sonically but the herd behavior is wild here

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Pinksus said:

And the main theme of the album has its climax in the sequence Felicito - Monotonia - S53 - TQG - Acrostico. It's clearly 5 pieces of the same story. They all are songs intended to this project lyrically and sonically but the herd behavior is wild here

I never thought about it like that :eek:

The only way I'd be okay with a tour happening next year is if she's putting out more music. The fact that she's gonna be featured on a Ed Sheeran song with JBalvin has me feeling we may be getting more material and maybe in English which makes the whole idea of her putting out an extended/deluxe/second volume more plausible? 

In regards to her lip singing alot. It's very transparent that it's a couple of things. Her lack of self confidence is one. It's very obvious that Piqué in some regard on top of already being controlling and possessive since it was pretty obvious he was trying to mold her into a housewife. He probably had a major influence on her for better or worse. He always came off as unsupportive of her being a popstar which probably diminished her confidence for sure. 

Definitely her vocal chord issue from a few years ago. I don't remember how severe it was but she has admitted it being to the point where she was scared that she may not be able to sing. She recovered thankfully and then went on tour. I think to preserve her voice and not go through that or the fear of having gone and going through that she is lip singing. But as others have said she's a veteran she shouldn't be doing it so lazily and blatantly. It makes her look sloppy and for someone who claims to be a perfectionist it makes her come off as messy. 

Y'all are in here doing the most. Alot of you need to do some self reflecting in regards to how you feel about her. You don't like her or her new music then by all means stop supporting her and go gatekeep the eras of her that ya are trying to project. This is who and where she is now she's been through more than enough and is still here. 

It's refreshing to see her engaged and inspired. Motherhood hasn't hindered her artistry especially when she's made it clear that her kids are her biggest fans and supporters and actually are the ones that if anything be telling her to work! In the past decade she became very comfortable and complicit because well she can be. She is established and has earned it. She's clearly trying to settle in and be back in popstar mode now that her personal life is back in order. The demand is there. The support is there but theirs certain things that have to change moving forward.

Proper pre recorded tracks. More red carpet and award shows appearances and performers. Proper playlisting and promo. No more prolonged album campaigns. Which means the label needs to be more stern with deadlines and stop being so dismissive when it comes to her. More material in general. She gets a pass this time because of everything that went down but the next album can't have other people's songs nor songs from years ago. Have a proper era planned out and a tour to go and that's it.

The random lashings she's getting lately when alot of your main pop girls do alot less and get rewarded with more is unwarranted. Mind you since her self titled album Shakira was considering retiring. So be lucky that she is still trying. She is genuinely unproblematic and talented. No need to tear her a new one because she isn't meeting yall unrealistic standard and expectations. She's been at this since 1991 count your blessings that she's still on top and thriving. 

P.S. the constant pitting of her against JLo is really played out. If they personally don't have any issues with each other no reason why yall enforce a non existent rivalry. They're both peers that deserve to be celebrated and supported and can co exist without being made out to be each other's competition. Also idk wtf is going on with the Beyhive lately but them suddenly turning on her isn't justified either. Shakira is basically the Latin equivalent of Bey so seeing that fanbase switch is just sad. 

• Thanks 4

La Fuerte is such late 2000s Latin electropop ear candy :heart: It gets better with every listen :jonny:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Her mouthing the "Culo" part is so funny to me... Like, Shakira Isabel, compórtate! :ace:

• Haha 2

Honestly, this album is great and the critics agree:

https://www.metacritic.com/music/las-mujeres-ya-no-lloran/shakira

Idk why people keep complaining like sheep. Even though the pre-release was messy as hell, the music is actually good. Shut up or go away plz, thank you.

Edited by Disconnect
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's been almost 14 years since Shakira released a REAL album.

El Dorado and this are just playlists with 4-5 new and irrelevant songs. It's sad that she preferred to inflate her numbers instead of giving her fans a real album.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Ultima is exactly what I expected from her, I'm treating this as an EP. 

I can understand it was a long time in the works and themes changed. Kind of hard to keep a concept all together for a couple years with one personal life evolving. I'm glad she got it out of the way. 

She's in a perfect time to give us a greatest hits tour and in that time Find herself again and give us a great album. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 10:59 PM, vuelve88 said:

The Punteria chair choreography is so cute! I'm surprised that nobody is recreating it on TikTok. 

Somebody in her team is reading atrl..lol 😂

Edited by mig123
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

It's been almost 14 years since Shakira released a REAL album.

El Dorado and this are just playlists with 4-5 new and irrelevant songs. It's sad that she preferred to inflate her numbers instead of giving her fans a real album.

This album is good and it's real.

Sale el Sol is better but this one is good. Check your ears.

• Like 1

Punteria is stable inside the top 20 on Spain's Apple Music and (Entre Parentesis) is about to enter the top 50 on Mexico's Spotify. There are signs here and there that this era could gain momentum if her team focuses on promoting the right songs to each country

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bookmark99 said:

Usher sang completely live at the Superbowl, you can clearly hear him panting near the end of the show. 

You're all pathetic trying to discredit other artists to make excuses for her lame lip-synching. Stop being such a blind stan. She clearly lip synchs more than anyone else in her era except for Britney who doesn't even perform anymore. 

It's not a good look for her and she can do way better, its not like anyone is asking her to sing an opera. 

I don't get how this is such a crazy, out of this world demand either. 

The mindblogging aggression in here for stating facts :rip:

• Like 1

La Fuerte, Tiempo Sin Verte, Como Donde y Cuando >>>>>>>>>>>>

The rest are skips i fear. :sorry:

14 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Also idk wtf is going on with the Beyhive lately but them suddenly turning on her isn't justified either. Shakira is basically the Latin equivalent of Bey so seeing that fanbase switch is just sad. 

its because last year some people last year were using shakira to try and drag beyonce

i continue to find tiempo sin verte overrated, it just doesnt pop up in my head like the other songs, even punteria has wormed its way in but not tiempo sin verte

Day 6 on Spotify 9,056,342(+450,485)

• Like 2

the songs that could actually be hits (La Fuerte, Entre Paréntesis and Cohete) are my least favorites out of the new ones :rip:

really digging Nassau, Tiempo Sin Vierte, Como Donde y Cuando and Puntería. such a shame Puntería is underperforming, it's a total banger

• Like 1

Puntería is becoming a Spanish HIT at least in USA……. Spanish radio is eating this up! It will make a hot shot debut At billboard hot Latin songs 

Will it be enough for #1 ? :flame:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.