Ariana Grande & Mariah Carey - "yes, and?"

Kayseri Mantisi

The lyric video ended up having just 910k views on its first day. 

FLOP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• DemDam92

:ahh: What the hell happened 

• Haha 2

I wanna like this so bad. But it's very clear that this thing is rushed, this had so much potential but ended up sounding SO messy. Oh well, bring on the next collab i guess

Mariah doesnt even sound like herself :rip:  and I mean they just threw in whistle notes for the sake of it, something they both have always done kinda meticulously and carefully when it's needed. The whistles in the beginning sound like a mess. Like gorls u both can do better. But I want to ask y'all if the new whistle notes are all by Mariah or did Ari add some too?

I still can't believe how bad this is... what were they thinking? Such a shame really. 

I like, the vibe is very 90's and suits both.  

After many listening my conclusions:

1. it was a rushed idea

2. Mariah’s vocals were probably good, but the mixing with Ariana was bad

3. Mariah’s voice was made louder than she originally recorded

4. I feel like Mariah hasn’t heard the final version

5. the song sounds diffferent on AirPods than in the car or TV box 

yeah... this is a no

Ari should move on to the next single 

But even then the GP still sees her as a homewrecker. I see her career going the way of Alicia Keys after her home wrecking. 

I feel like they fixed the mixing, cause Mariah doesn’t sound as loud as before. She still sounds a little robotic but I think that’s a stylistic choice on her part

Edited by wantedyoutogrow

I think they fixed the mixing??? The instrumentals sound louder now and Mimi’s vocals have gelled well with the music or is it just me??? 

1 minute ago, SetzerMC said:

I think they fixed the mixing??? The instrumentals sound louder now and Mimi’s vocals have gelled well with the music or is it just me??? 

I’m pretty sure they have cause it sounds different to me too. I guess they probably uploaded the wrong file yesterday or something cause…???

2 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I’m pretty sure they have cause it sounds different to me too. I guess they probably uploaded the wrong file yesterday or something cause…???

Yes and Mariah’s entrance to the song is not as jump scare as before. It sounds waay better now!!!

• Like 1

the new mixing is definitely better than before, like I still think Mariah overdid it in some parts (the adlibs) but they sound better now and their voices compliment each other more now

Edited by wantedyoutogrow
  • Thanks 1

the remix went from a 4/10 to a 8/10 after the improved mixing

spacer.png

why couldn't they have mixed it like this from the beginning? it took widespread stan lashings to do so? :rip: 

Why are you guys lying to yourselves? It sounds the same, your ears are just getting used to it 😭😭

Edited by scottstreet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

Why are you guys lying to yourselves? It sounds the same, your ears are just getting used to it 😭😭

if you can't hear the blatantly different vocal mixing then I'm not sure what to tell you

On 2/14/2024 at 2:12 PM, Magdalene said:

that’s why I’m not mad at it, It’s not like a rushed cheap remix to send it to #1 and mariah has magic when it comes to her remixes 

:/

These xtina ass screams by Moo :skull:

9 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

No, the volume of Mariah’s voice was toned down a notch and some of Ari’s vocals especially at the end has been layered above Mimi. I took note of the parts that gave me headaches yesterday lmao.

Edited by SetzerMC

Wait. I kind of like the remix :jonny:

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I feel like they fixed the mixing, cause Mariah doesn’t sound as loud as before. She still sounds a little robotic but I think that’s a stylistic choice on her part

They defo did already yesterday. First time I listened it all sounded wrong, then I took another listen late last night and it felt WAY better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.