• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Nickimeetsatrl

• Lovett

• orange22

All these people saying kane brown acting like they don’t know what colourism is, like gurl!

in any case, here is your reminder to stream:

TEXAS HOLD ‘EM

16 CARRIAGES

DADDY LESSONS

Kane-Brown-at-The-Monument-April-2023-0773b0e157.jpg

Beyonce_Blonde_Renaissaince_Lighter_Head

Their skin tone is similar :deadbanana2:That said, country radio being like this and it's 2024 is INSANE. They need to smarter up and change a lot of things and FAST.

4 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Additionally, wheres Gagas connection to Country other than cosplay? Thats why she failed, because it feels inauthentic.

Same reason why she succeeded with Jazz - its authentic to her.

Bey doing Country and succeeding is due to her authentic connection to the [country] genre as a Texan girl from Houston. Thats why we BELIEVE her when she does that.

Thats also why some have problems accepting her pure rapping, since she lacks the struggle and grir to be believable at times.

spacer.png

¿¿¿

Edited by Legend ReX
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

spacer.png

¿¿¿

03.jpg

Beyoncé at the Houston Rodeo. Posting a picture of buildings doesn't erase the Country from Houston, Texas.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

All these people saying kane brown acting like they don’t know what colourism is, like gurl!

Kane Brown has more Afrocentric features than Bey bffr.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Kane Brown has more Afrocentric features than Bey bffr.

never heard of the guy but this the first pic that popped up for me in google and idk, this is def giving middle america lol. Anyway what a dumb discussion, this thread is a mess :lmao: 

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

I honestly thought he was white from having seen pictures of him with his blue eyes always prominent on single covers, anyways, happy to take the L

• Haha 1

Even if they didn't know the song was country, country radio is still very much rigged and white washed. They only play certain artists and if they're a woman you can forget about it. Zach Bryan is an example of a huge country act who gets very little country airplay. It's run by industry politics. If even certain white country artists aren't allowed in country music circles, how do you think black country artists are treated within the genre? So yes, race does play a role in the overall issue within country music (and the music industry in general since black artists don't get a fraction of industry support compared to their white counterparts regardless of genre). The song is also objectively country.

I also think this highlights the general corruption that radio's become. As another user stated, fans calling in and requesting songs is how radio is supposed to work. But nowadays it's entirely pre-determined by however much money a label wants to invest in or, in country radio's case, who is on good terms with the higher ups within industry spaces. Add a woman over 30 into the mix and it's even more difficult. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

spacer.png

¿¿¿

Lol right? I’ve been to Houston and there’s very little “country” to it, especially if you live in the rich white suburbs like Beyoncé did.

The way some of her stans try to convince people that Beyoncé’s this Deep South country girl at heart who attended rodeos and is going back to her roots of doing the hoedown is comical to me.

• Thumbs Down 11

7 minutes ago, Zefierce said:

Lol right? I’ve been to Houston and there’s very little “country” to it, especially if you live in the rich white suburbs like Beyoncé did.

The way some of her stans try to convince people that Beyoncé’s this Deep South country girl at heart who attended rodeos and is going back to her roots of doing the hoedown is comical to me.

Babe your fave started as a country artist when she’s from the rich white suburbs of Pennsylvania even going as far as talking in a fake country accent. Your hypocrisy is what’s comical to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

10 minutes ago, Zefierce said:

We don't need to convince anyone though, it's literal facts. Beyoncé's performed at the Houston Rodeo four times. :rip: Why are you so obsessed with trying to lie on this woman, for absolutely no reason? Your fave literally used to have a fake country accent ffs. That is comical.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Zefierce said:

You’re lying.. she grew up in 3rd ward and since Houston doesn’t have zoning laws her house was amongst others that were considered to be under the poverty line on the same street.. she didn’t live in some gated community amongst white ppl.  Houston, especially outside the metro area is very ‘country’ in its culture even if it’s not necessarily in a rural area.. it’s actually rodeo season right now ironically..

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

spacer.png

¿¿¿

is this a parody post? what does this prove? :deadbanana2:

most country artists come from southern cities that look exactly like that

how stereotypical can you be to think that a country artists can only be a hillbilly from a farm in the middle of nowhere. ignorance must be bliss where you're from

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zefierce said:

You would get hurt trying to tell anyone from Houston they aren't "country". :ahh:

I actually dare you to try it one day. :lmao:

15 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

spacer.png

¿¿¿

71JkjKev6UL.jpg

Here is Nashville...  Not sure what your point is?

• Thanks 1

Vienna_Skyline_(cropped).jpg

here’s Vienna. Not the most striking landscape, but it’s such a pretty city 

When Bey performs at country awards and wins some awards in 2024/2025 it's gonna be so funny watching country fans fuming :dies:

11 hours ago, Zefierce said:

U must know about comical seeing ur behavior in this thread and any Bey thread for that matter :-*

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7d69d0f85ad6cc4c6b3

this is crazy and that song peaked at #45

racists :heart2:

For those claiming that Beyoncé doing this isn't going to impact black artists in Country music – we're already seeing impact.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.