Bigger: Beyoncé vs Kanye West

burninredhot

Vote!  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger in US?

2. 2. Bigger WW?

So Kanye's new album out debuted Renaissance but we can make the argument that Bey has way more GP known classics. So who exactly is the bigger artist?

Isn't rap generally bigger than pop/dance/R&B?

the one with 33 grammys and 12 #1 hits

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Isn't rap generally bigger than pop/dance/R&B?

No, especially WW

Beyoncé is pretty bad with streaming so this is misleading.

She's massively bigger than him, regardless. 

• Thanks 1

Kanye but not for the reasons anyone would want

Hard to say. Kanye’s fans are ride or die/cultish & you either love him or hate him. Beyoncé has more universal appeal but her audience is more casual. I know tons of people IRL who went to Reneigh Tour & just didn’t **** with act I

If you’re going by streams, why not pull his last album’s? It did 100M first week. He’s huge on streaming. 

Users here still supporting Kanye are just as trash as he is. 

OT: the one who is a respectable legend and not a lowlife nazi that peaked a two decades ago. 

e4653d1c783a4747d52933bea55414cc

• Thanks 1

In my world Beyonce is bigger but stats don’t lie.  

Bey. She has more longevity, can score hits and can tour WW.

Both toured in 2016.

Beyoncé's tour had 49 dates.
Kanye's tour had 41 dates.

Beyoncé's tour made nearly 5X more money.

So if we're using stats, let's not just use streaming stats which cost the user basically nothing and say more about potential interest in a project and GP affinity to the music than the actuals stature of the artist in the public's mind.

• Like 1

I mean Kanye is bigger, but his recent music is not as engrained in mainstream culture because he doesn't score Top 10 hits anymore and his overall persona and aesthetic are inaccessible and problematic to the GP.  But yea, it's hard to argue against streaming numbers.  As for touring, Bey is pretty much untouchable, but that doesn't excuse her streaming performance. 

Edited by Archetype

Lets see 16 Carriages and Texas Hold Em's numbers first. They had SB promo so they're prob gonna do really well.

i hate to say it but stupid kanye. straights love him 

2 minutes ago, Archetype said:

I mean Kanye is bigger, but his recent music is not as engrained in mainstream culture because he doesn't score Top 10 hits anymore and his overall persona and aesthetic are inaccessible and problematic to the GP.  But yea, it's hard to argue against streaming numbers.  As for touring, Bey is pretty much untouchable, but that doesn't excuse her streaming performance. 

So basically:

Chart stats? Don't count.

Streaming numbers? Count.

Touring numbers? Don't count.

9 minutes ago, swissman said:

Both toured in 2016.

Beyoncé's tour had 49 dates.
Kanye's tour had 41 dates.

Beyoncé's tour made nearly 5X more money.

So if we're using stats, let's not just use streaming stats which cost the user basically nothing and say more about potential interest in a project and GP affinity to the music than the actuals stature of the artist in the public's mind.

he had mental breakdown and did only a few dates. i dont think thats fair. but its great seeing beyonce doing great, i think shell continue being great touring force like madonna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.